GTPlanet gets Active on the Desktop!

• Thread starter LoudMusic
  • 89 comments
Oops, this reminds me, I need to get a link back up to these on the homepage! :)

Originally posted by Jordan
Oops, this reminds me, I need to get a link back up to these on the homepage! :)

Oh yea, I was going to mention that (: Have you had any time to work on any of those ideas we had?

~LoudMusic

I have a picture
VERY, VERY COOL :cool:
It is in the May 2000 edition of Car and Driver-when they are doing import tuner showoff cars (or something)
There are four pictures of a white ProSpec S2000 doing a smoky donut
I don't have a scanner so i can't post it
Trust me, these pictures are worth a look :D

Originally posted by Viper2
I have down loaded it but i cannot get it to become an active desktop. Please help :rolleyes: :)
Make sure you followed the installation instructions (also listed here) exactly! You must do that before it will show up, it won't automatically start working as soon as you download it. :)

So ... who's using these? I'm kind of strange, but I love it! I'm using my modified version of the F1 desktop at home. I need to go on another image collection run and make a new set with the new GTPlanet look.

~LoudMusic

loudmusic, do you have an updated version? I am running your first one... I don't really want the F-1 one, I like the GT type cars better. Let me know! Thanks! :D

Loud-you think you could create a rotory(or Mazda) active desktop? Otherwise my dad would have a fit(on our old PC I put all of this GT stuff and he got pissed at me, so maybe Mazda stuff would be ok). If you're going to do this finish my avatar first ofcourse. :) Good work Loud.

Working on it every day (: I'm getting pretty close - Jordan is making some scripts for it too. It should be pretty cool when it all comes together.

~LoudMusic

Originally posted by LoudMusic
Working on it every day (: I'm getting pretty close - Jordan is making some scripts for it too. It should be pretty cool when it all comes together.

~LoudMusic
Great !!!! :)

Is anyone still using these? I've got one I was working on that never really materialized. Let me know if I should drag it out of the darkness.

~LoudMusic

Is anyone still using these? I've got one I was working on that never really materialized. Let me know if I should drag it out of the darkness.

~LoudMusic
Yes Yes -- I use it everyday at work. Please finish.... :) :thumbsup:

Originally posted by Ghostrider
Jordan where are you, how about that DNS host name for LoadMusic.

You'd think I type my name enough for other people to be able to spell it correctly ... sheesh. (:

~LoudMusic

You'd think I type my name enough for other people to be able to spell it correctly ... sheesh. (:

~LoudMusic
ooops, its kinda like the think before you speak thing :blush:

Originally posted by Ghostrider
ooops, its kinda like the think before you speak thing :blush:

Heh heh ... kinda like - though not exactly (:

Well maybe Jordan will pick up on this thread this time around. Hey man, lets get this thing rolling again while I'm motivated!

~LoudMusic

Sorry guys, I hadn't noticed this thread had become active again! :dunce: I had been thinking desktop.gtplanet.net was functioning, but I now realise I was wrong. I have since jumped on my host to get this DNS updated and it should be resolved soon. In the meantime, I'll send you new information so you can go ahead and login via the IP address, LoudMusic. :)

Yay! I got confirmation from my host that they have now got the subdomain on their DNS server - it should start showing up for everyone in a day or so. :)

Latest Posts

Back