GTPlanet iRacing Touring Car Cup. *interest*

MagpieRacer

Premium
England
Wymondham, Norfolk
MagpieRacer
Hello GTPlanet iRacing players. There has been talk of a GTP series within iRacing and I am here to get something kicked off and see how many people we can muster up, with enough people we should hopefully get a good series.

The series will be a one make series using the VW Jetta TDi Cup, in order to replicate the close bumper to bumper, door to door racing of the touring car series' of the world.
It will take place on a variety of tracks, mostly club/short circuits with a few tougher, longer tracks thrown in to really test drivers.

vw-jetta-tdi-cup-01.jpg

Car: Volkswagen Jetta TDi Cup
Engine: Inline 4 2.0 Turbo Diesel injection
Power: 168bhp@4200rpm
Weight: 3,041
Drive: Front

Races:
Round 1 - Brands Hatch Indy - 26 laps
Round 2 - Zandvoort Club - 24 laps
Round 3 - Virginia International Raceway North Course - 18 laps
Round 4 - Lime Rock Park Chicane - 24 laps
Round 5 - Suzuka West w/chicane - 17 laps
Round 6 - Okayama Short - 22 laps
Round 7 - Laguna Seca - 16 laps
Round 8 - Mid Ohio Sport Car Course Full - 20 laps
Round 9 - Road Atlanta Club - 20 laps
Final Round - Silverstone International - 25 laps​

Of course the calendar is not final but that will probably be very close, maybe some lap number adjusments. There would be around 2 weeks between each event, 60 minute practice and 20 minute qualifying preceeding the race. So expect each race event to take up to nearly 2 hours.
It is most likely to be held on a Sunday or Saturday, with events kicking off at around 16:30GMT, again that will need to be looked at depending on where in the world our entrants come from. I will leave the entries open so there is no upper limit on how many can enter.
Thanks and please give some feedback on the calendar and such!

Interested Drivers:
MildAshers
Jav
the_greeze
OLDSKOOLACURA
Bevo
DG_Silva
Borman48
stinkyracer11
danilc1007
Aldo
Rudi Raser
Patrocles
TheBook
Wardez
Plate88
tatoune​

Last edited:
I am very interested on this series! But Sundays are gonna be a difficult for me as I run my own series here on Sundays and another one on iRacing, it can work as the iRacing league runs every 2 weeks...

Jav
I am very interested on this series! But Sundays are gonna be a difficult for me as I run my own series here on Sundays and another one on iRacing, it can work as the iRacing league runs every 2 weeks...

Sunday is preliminary, it can be changed to suit everyones needs, would Saturdays be more suited around your other series'?

I'm a total rookie but I love tin-tops so I'd definitely be interested 👍

Excellent!

I'm in, I'll buy the content early just for this

Brilliant! :) I shall add to the first post a list of interested drivers.

I think I'd be interested in this, put me down for in, we'll have to see a bit closer to the time. Only thing is, I won't be able to attend the first race as I don't have Brands.

Id be interested depending on time of day since I work a rotating schedule

Iy will be betwen 4pm-6pm GMT most likely. -6 hours for you I think so around 10am your time. On either Saturdays or Sundays.

Subject to change of course but thats what Im gonna try and aim for.

Consider me interested, but probably not going to be able to make the races due to my work schedule. Unless its Saturday on my weekend off, I likely wouldnt be able to participate. Plus I'm slow. :lol: If you can get faster guys in at a different time then by all means do so.

Sunday is preliminary, it can be changed to suit everyones needs, would Saturdays be more suited around your other series'?
Saturday would be perfect for me, but then again Sunday can work out if the dates overlap with the GT/Prototype series I'm running.

This sounds good. Don't have a few of the first tracks though.
Count me in provisionally. 👍

Although time-wise could be a problem for me. Depends how long the races are but I often need to be out of the door by 5ish at the weekends.

maybeeeeee i will join from time to time. i do already one privat event, + the normal iR events its a lot. ;)

but i like the Jetta. you must drive it like a Gran Turismo car. :lol:

Sounds like a good series, if I converted the time right I can't join due to time, it would be around 1am (Melbourne aus) for me.

Sorry for the perhaps stupid question, but is the picture in the OP real or a screenshot?

If the latter, then dayum. iRacing looks better than I thought.

Saw title got pumped, Saw car cried inside. But in all seriousness I'll probably give in and get the car and brands hatch.. Hope I like understeering.

Its a great fun car to drive, I was skeptical at first but I love it now.

I shall do a poll for times.

I'm still interested but I'm having PC problems at the moment. Hopefully I can resolve these issues before you kick this series off! :)

Keep getting BSOD's when booting. Spent all bloody day today trying to resolve it and all of a sudden it works as though nothing has happened. Go figure. I'm leaning towards a memory problem and will be downloading diagnostic software tomorrow. @$£%ing PC's...

I'm still interested but I'm having PC problems at the moment. Hopefully I can resolve these issues before you kick this series off! :)

Keep getting BSOD's when booting. Spent all bloody day today trying to resolve it and all of a sudden it works as though nothing has happened. Go figure. I'm leaning towards a memory problem and will be downloading diagnostic software tomorrow. @$£%ing PC's...

Yep I have the same problem. It blue screens less when I used a different power cable for some reason :S I already knew I had a bad stick haven't had the time to go to the store or the money to get more.

Yep I have the same problem. It blue screens less when I used a different power cable for some reason :S I already knew I had a bad stick haven't had the time to go to the store or the money to get more.

I feel your pain! :yuck: Weird that the different cable affects it though...

Decided to pump this thread back to the first page. Come on fellow GTP racers, let's get a 20-30 car field. Would be awesome to have that many GTP guys door to door and mixing things up on the track.

By the way, count me in. Loved the GT5 leagues so this should be even better.

May miss a race or two if this series gets the green flag. Work is very unpredictable this time of year with weekend work from time to time.

Last edited:
Well im going to do a poll, it will be multiple choice so I know who can do what times and days basically.

And yes, lets get some more interest pumping for this! I wanna get this going as soon as possible, just need some more willing drivers!

Back