GTPlanet Nurburgring Hot Lap Board (Weekly Challenge 04: Ferrari Enzo)

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 126 comments
08:07.403 - 2005 BMW M3 - FR - 478 - Ialyrn - Controller

First proper lap on FM5 in months, not really played a a lot since my TX wheel broke. As there is such a big time difference on this time, I decided to show the lap replay and screen cap of the time.

I'm excited to watch this once I'm home. It's not that big of a time difference at all: 11 seconds isn't too bad between drivers, and my lap was a standing start one anyway.

@Ialyrn great driving there, seeing how many people are driving this car I'm tempted to give it a go myself now to see how I do. Although now I feel like my Abarth 500 time needs improving because I can't have it being beaten by a stock car :lol:.

@Ialyrn great driving there, seeing how many people are driving this car I'm tempted to give it a go myself now to see how I do. Although now I feel like my Abarth 500 time needs improving because I can't have it being beaten by a stock car :lol:.
I will have a look at a modded car for my next run, something in c class.

I decided to give it a try too, lol.

8:07.366 - 2005 BMW M3 - FR - 478 - ImaRobot - Controller

also tried a stock RX7

8:15.127 - 1997 Mazda RX7 - FR - 450 - ImaRobot - Controller

It's very hard to color code on the One, sorry Slip.

08:05.253 - 2005 BMW M3 - FR - 478 - Ialyrn - Controller
Oh, like that then? :lol: I think I have some I can squeeze out of it. That car is a great drive stock. A little understeery in certain situations but still great.

@SlipZtrEm May I suggest a Car of the Week kind of setup? Seeing as how we seem to be attacking this M3 like there is no tomorrow, it seems like it could be some great fun. To make it less cluttered in the OP, if we opt into this, we can put the times into spoiler tags.

Another suggestion I was thinking about is what if we keep the stock car leaderboard individualized, instead of just posting multiple times for the same car. Kind of make it like a checklist of sorts to show a general time for each and every car in the game.

Oh, like that then? :lol: I think I have some I can squeeze out of it. That car is a great drive stock. A little understeery in certain situations but still great.

@SlipZtrEm May I suggest a Car of the Week kind of setup? Seeing as how we seem to be attacking this M3 like there is no tomorrow, it seems like it could be some great fun. To make it less cluttered in the OP, if we opt into this, we can put the times into spoiler tags.

Another suggestion I was thinking about is what if we keep the stock car leaderboard individualized, instead of just posting multiple times for the same car. Kind of make it like a checklist of sorts to show a general time for each and every car in the game.

Hmmm, I remember a Car of the Week setup in the time leading up to FM4, that could be fun indeed. Maybe allow the fastest person to pick the car for the next week - except if it's the same person two weeks in a row, then we'd move down the list - and keep each Week's leaderboard down in it's own section, spoilered?

For the second idea, do you mean limiting the stock board to only the fastest time for each car? While I see the good in that, I don't want people to do laps only to find there's no spot for them on the board. Personally, I like seeing the range a car manages within the community. That being said, perhaps I should add in a signifier for the fastest time of a particular model, like an asterisk or a unique colour coding. I'll play around and see. :cheers:

I'm thinking, if this grows to a significant size, I'll get together a spreadsheet that can be sorted by any number of ways, to glean some data from it.

Hmmm, I remember a Car of the Week setup in the time leading up to FM4, that could be fun indeed. Maybe allow the fastest person to pick the car for the next week - except if it's the same person two weeks in a row, then we'd move down the list - and keep each Week's leaderboard down in it's own section, spoilered?
Yeah that's exactly how I was thinking it. I'm even ok with some sort of random generator selecting the car for the following week, just to keep everyone on their toes.

For the second idea, do you mean limiting the stock board to only the fastest time for each car? While I see the good in that, I don't want people to do laps only to find there's no spot for them on the board. Personally, I like seeing the range a car manages within the community. That being said, perhaps I should add in a signifier for the fastest time of a particular model, like an asterisk or a unique colour coding. I'll play around and see. :cheers:
This one I was just throwing out there, I wasn't 100% set on it. I was thinking how it could start becoming a bit negative, I don't want someone to be forced out of the board if they aren't fast enough. I mainly brought it up because of the fact we already have about 5 times for the E46. However, if the CotW idea is implemented it should keep overuse of a certain car to a minimum. Still, either way is A-OK.

I'm thinking, if this grows to a significant size, I'll get together a spreadsheet that can be sorted by any number of ways, to glean some data from it.
Sounds good to me :cheers: Thanks for setting this up. It gave me a reason to jump back onto FM5, which I had lost interest in since I lost my last save.

Last edited:
Stock
08:05.264 - 2005 BMW M3 - FR - 478 - Im_Lukas - Controller

Right on your bumper @Ialyrn, I think there's still a few seconds left on this one. Had a huge error of judgement going in to Aremburg and managed to fall out of Karussell again but other than that I felt it was a decent lap.

Modified
07:54.175 - 1958 Aston Martin DBR1 - FR - 500 - Im_Lukas - Controller
08:19.579 - 1969 Chevrolet Camaro SS Coupe - FR - 400 - Im_Lukas - Controller

Damn, now I'm going to have to get it a try again for sure :lol:

I always get that turning radius lock bug when going around the Karussell, and it messes things up massively. I also get it on a couple of other sections on the track, but its mostly on the Karussell.

Good god, I did it:

Stock
8:37.728 - 2014 Rolls-Royce Wraith - FR - 487 - dice1998 - Controller

qRkHnOD.jpg

Stock
09:06:677 - 2014 Ford Fiesta ST - FF - 372 - Willbsn13 - Controller

Have to say, I'm really enjoying this challenge! Imagine doing a leaderboard like this in FM6 except in the wet, where the ring has over 500 puddles, it would be crazy!

Also I think having a hot lap board for a shorter track would be cool to do in the future as nice contrast to the ring' and see how cars compare on the shorter and longer tracks :)

08:03.896 - 2005 BMW M3 - FR - 478 - Ialyrn - Controller

I did save an image with my HDPVR 2, but windows 10 updates freaked it out and the image is corrupted. I will try to repeat the lap after the weekend so I can get a new image, as I like to provide proof over my laps.

The lap was clean, though I did slide the back end out twice during the first part of the lap losing 1.5 seconds. In the second half of the lap though, I made up around 2.5 seconds. I am pretty confident that the M3 in its stock form that I can get to 8.02.xxx. Which I will be trying to do.

First off... more stock BMW times! :lol:

08:13.494 - 2011 1 Series M Coupe - FR - 472 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
08:16.398 - 1981 BMW M1 - MR - 459 - SlipZtrEm - Controller

08:30.996 - 1991 BMW M3 - FR - 387 - SlipZtrEm - Controller

I think I'm slowly getting my speed back on this track. The 1M definitely has an E46-beating time in it, with a better driver behind the wheel. The M1 is an absolute peach, so enjoyable to toss around here, and such a different feel to the two FR cars. The E30 just blitzed it, going way faster than I expected it to. That it's 12 seconds off my E46 time tells me that one must've had the handbrake on.

Yeah that's exactly how I was thinking it. I'm even ok with some sort of random generator selecting the car for the following week, just to keep everyone on their toes.

I'd be fine with that as well. Alrighty - let's get a car lined up for this week, and I'll get a system in place to cover the remaining weeks before FM6's release :D. @Ialyrn, since you've pushed the E46 fastest around here, I think you should do the honours. Any reasonable stock car you'd want us to focus on this week?

This one I was just throwing out there, I wasn't 100% set on it. I was thinking how it could start becoming a bit negative, I don't want someone to be forced out of the board if they aren't fast enough. I mainly brought it up because of the fact we already have about 5 times for the E46. However, if the CotW idea is implemented it should keep overuse of a certain car to a minimum. Still, either way is A-OK.

My hope is that the board ends up absolutely massive by the end, with multiple entries for any number of cars, to show the spectrum of our community. But I do think having a few easier-to-digest sub-boards will be handy. I'll work with some spoiler tags in the OP for this proposed COTW thing. I'm wondering if a change to "Challenge Of the Week" might be even more fun: "lowest PI car under 8 minutes" or something like that could be fun a different week if people don't always want to run stock cars. :D

Sounds good to me :cheers: Thanks for setting this up. It gave me a reason to jump back onto FM5, which I had lost interest in since I lost my last save.

Glad I could help! :cheers:

Speaking of, you've got some times saved to Rivals on the full track, clean laps too. Saw them while I was doing runs today. Let me know, and I can add them to the board. 👍

Stock
09:06:677 - 2014 Ford Fiesta ST - FF - 372 - Willbsn13 - Controller

Have to say, I'm really enjoying this challenge! Imagine doing a leaderboard like this in FM6 except in the wet, where the ring has over 500 puddles, it would be crazy!

Also I think having a hot lap board for a shorter track would be cool to do in the future as nice contrast to the ring' and see how cars compare on the shorter and longer tracks :)

I'd definitely be fine with a shorter track being used for a companion board. I'm open to ideas!

I also fully plan on doing the same thread for FM6.

08:03.896 - 2005 BMW M3 - FR - 478 - Ialyrn - Controller

I did save an image with my HDPVR 2, but windows 10 updates freaked it out and the image is corrupted. I will try to repeat the lap after the weekend so I can get a new image, as I like to provide proof over my laps.

The lap was clean, though I did slide the back end out twice during the first part of the lap losing 1.5 seconds. In the second half of the lap though, I made up around 2.5 seconds. I am pretty confident that the M3 in its stock form that I can get to 8.02.xxx. Which I will be trying to do.

Thanks for being so thorough Ialyrn, it's great. I'm wondering if we'll see the M3 crack into the 7's...

10:03:821 - 2011 Ford Transit Supersport Van - FR - 253 - Willbsn13 - Controller
08:41:903 - 2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 ACR - FF - 418 - Willbsn13 - Controller
08:32:351 - 2005 BMW M3 E46 - FR - 478 - Willbsn13 - Controller

Finally went back to the E46 and managed to quicken my time up by 9+ seconds , will probably go back again considering how much more you guys can get out of it!

Also tried a random car today - the 2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 ACR. Surprisingly nippy, agile and fun little car and did way better than i expected for a low C-Class car. 10/10 would hot lap again.

Finally got round to buying the Car Pass as I had a gift card and it was half price on the XBL Marketplace and immediately went to the Transit for the under 10 minute challenge. Yeah...safe to say I'm still trying :lol::lol:

since you've pushed the E46 fastest around here, I think you should do the honours. Any reasonable stock car you'd want us to focus on this week?

Well, the car that comes to mind for me is the AE86 Toyota Trueno. A car I love driving in any forza game. But since it is a little on the slow side, I will go for its younger sibling; the Toyota GT86. Just for the sake of others sanity, lol.

My hope is that the board ends up absolutely massive by the end, with multiple entries for any number of cars, to show the spectrum of our community. But I do think having a few easier-to-digest sub-boards will be handy. I'll work with some spoiler tags in the OP for this proposed COTW thing. I'm wondering if a change to "Challenge Of the Week" might be even more fun: "lowest PI car under 8 minutes" or something like that could be fun a different week if people don't always want to run stock cars. :D
Yeah, maybe Challenge of the Week would be more suiting. I like the idea of having a restricted modified run as well, maybe restricting everyone to a certain drivetrain, weight, or generation. Challange could cover both cars and restricted events.

Glad I could help! :cheers:

Speaking of, you've got some times saved to Rivals on the full track, clean laps too. Saw them while I was doing runs today. Let me know, and I can add them to the board. 👍
I keep forgetting to jot them down as I go in game. If you happen to be around it then go for it, if not don't worry, I'll get to it eventually :lol:

Well you can't really do much worse than me, so go for it :lol:

Man, yours is really good compared to mine. I'm not posting mine oficially yet, I want to practice a bit more but today's little practice to "take the rust away (erhmm bull**it)" was about 30 seconds slower than yours plus the lap contained a nice little "!" meaning it was dirty alright.

I just suck. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ‏

Last edited:
Weekly Challenge 01 is Live!

Details are in the OP, but it's pretty straightforward: take a stock GT86 around. I just did a quick test lap and pulled an 8:28, but there were some errors so it's not a solid time yet. I expect the faster guys can probably see it dip into the high teens...

(EDIT) - Got home from work, and ran 5 laps. Fastest clean lap? 8:25.580. Unfortunately, the second half of it was some 2 seconds slower than my other (dirty) laps. So I'll probably revisit it tomorrow in search for an 8:23. No chance I'll manage an 8:20, though.

Last edited:
Oh my! I knew I was rubbish but this is so bad. I managed to do a full clean lap on the GT86, first time I tried it but it is no excuse. I did 9:49.074. Just to make sure I did use the same car it was a GT86 D class 398.

How do you guys lap so fast?

Edit: just checked the in game leaderboards and some are faster than me in the Ford Transit van. :(

Last edited:
Oh my! I knew I was rubbish but this is so bad. I managed to do a full clean lap on the GT86, first time I tried it but it is no excuse. I did 9:49.074. Just to make sure I did use the same car it was a GT86 D class 398.

Edit: just checked the in game leaderboards and some are faster than me in the Ford Transit van. :(
The trick is learning the track, really. Going back to GT4, I ran probably a thousand laps there. Nearly that in GT5. Turn on the driving line, it'll pay dividends on a track with such long straights. Getting out of turns at a decent clip will easily shave a second or two each time. I shifted up early on the back straight the first time in the Toyota, and it cost me 4mph by the bridge. The GT86 should stay up in the revs as long as you can manage.

I'm not sure how to easily capture a lap on the One without Kinect, but maybe one of the other guys will end up sharing a video. When I re-run, I can save the replay so I can share it through the game at least.

@SlipZtrEm My C class time in the AMC Javelin is out of position on the modified leaderboard. Otherwise good job and I like the new format of the leaderboards.

If I can get some laps in later without getting dragged in to GTA V heists I'll set a time in the GT86 (will try to save replay) and maybe something in A class.

Most of this will be learning the track as posted above but are you by any chance using automatic transmission? A friend and I raced with this car a couple of times and I was gaining so much on every straight just because the auto transmission changes gear so much earlier, add that to auto transmission not giving optimal gears for a lot of corners and you end up losing a lot of time.

Most of this will be learning the track as posted above but are you by any chance using automatic transmission? A friend and I raced with this car a couple of times and I was gaining so much on every straight just because the auto transmission changes gear so much earlier, add that to auto transmission not giving optimal gears for a lot of corners and you end up losing a lot of time.
Using clutch also shaves a lot of time even with the F1 car, main reason why I want to get wheel even if basic as it has automatic clutch support. Must be worth loads on a track this long...

The amount of time I gained from finally switching over to manual w/clutch was ridiculous. I would recommend getting acquainted with it, as its one of the best things to do to improve your times.

The thing with the 'Ring is that there are certain sections that, if you push yourself, you can fly through certain corners. Once you get used to the track you'll find these areas, and it'll greatly improve your times. One area I can think of is the long sweeping left after the long, straightish part near the beginning. You can literally fly through that turn, but turn a little bit to late and you'll fly off. You're tires will be screeching, and you'll get a bit sideways, but you'll blast through it. Watch out on overcorrection though, as that can send you offtrack as well.

If there is one thing I could recommend; If you are going to take a line, commit to it. Mid corner corrections are going to kill you on this track.

Last edited:
Back