GTPlanet Racing Team is now open for business!!

• Thread starter Jav
  • 668 comments

Jav

United States
OrlandoFL GMT-5
GTP__Jav
Alright guys, the team is already set and just waiting for you to join! I'll just go ahead and make every GTP member Admin status so everyone has the same control over the team.

Team ID: 14936
Team ID: 31508

Once we are close to an event we will decide on custom skin and number for each car.

GTPlanet Racing's main focus will be but not limited to the iRacing Endurance Championship:
Race Times for Standard Races:

Saturday 1:00 GMT (Friday 8:00 PM est)
Saturday 20:00 GMT (Saturday 3:00 PM est)
Sunday 1:00 GMT (Saturday 8:00 PM est)
Sunday 12:00 GMT (Sunday 7:00 AM est)

Race Times for Endurance Races:

Saturday 13:00 GMT (Saturday 8 AM est)

*Note that we will not be adjusting times for daylight savings. GMT start time will always remain the same. You will need to convert to local time and allow for DST if your location observes it.

Endurance Championship: This is a championship within a championship. Points from the following races will be used to determine this championship:

• Daytona 24
• Sebring 12 Hour
• 6 Hours at the Glen
• 24 Hours of Spa
• Petit Le Mans
• Nurburgring * Event details tbd. Subject to track availability

There will be a prototype class and GT3 class winner for the Endurance Championship. Currently we have team results available after each race but no team standings so there will be individual champions. We are working on team championship points but do not have an eta for this.

Schedule:

Daytona 24 Hour - January 31 - February 1

Sebring 12 Hour - March 28
BMW Setup: https://www.mediafire.com/?w88e7pe2tzmf38o

6 Hours of the Glen - July 11

24 Hours of Spa - August 1 - 2

Petit Le Mans - October 10

Nurburgring ?? - November/December - Tentative, subject to track availability.

Last edited:
Not sure how much I'll be able to race, but I'll send an application over anyways if that's alright. You know my name already but..

Mackenzie Korince

Not sure how much I'll be able to race, but I'll send an application over anyways if that's alright. You know my name already but..

Mackenzie Korince
I'm on the same boat Mac, the beauty is that there will be 24Hr races and we all may have the opportunity of getting a stint or two in!
Added an given Admin status!

Nick Forster.

I'm on the arse end of the world so I don't know how often I'll be of use, but I'll do my best. :)

I had a random thought, when the whole team paint thing is figured out. Someone could do a GTP paint using Troy's logos in the paint schemes thread.

Joined, thanks for accepting me. I'm slow and steady, but safe and consistent. Looking forward to teaming up with someone regardless of pace, just wanna have fun. :)

When is the next big endurance race?
Can we have multiple entries for the same team in one race?

Added as admin all! Don't worry about your schedules, that's the beauty of 24hr races, we can all take a stint or two and make it work around our work or school days!

I'll check it out and make sure everyone has admin status.
Maybe we should think about doing our own special endurance event, use different cars and track for a change... Maybe:
6 Hours of VIR
-Pontiac Solstice
-Mazda MX-5 Cup
-VW Jetta TDi Cup
-Ford Mustang FR500
-Ruf C-Spec

Jav
I'll check it out and make sure everyone has admin status.
Maybe we should think about doing our own special endurance event, use different cars and track for a change...

I like the idea 👍, maybe call it the ":gtplanet: Invitational" :dunce:.

6 hrs of spa with the legend, truck, and SLM :sly:. That'd be brutal.

Yeah a poll would work. Maybe one for cars and one for track. Right now I'm only Sunday thru Thursday. But I have two weeks free at the end of December.

My vote is for VIR but I'm going to be a bit biased considering its my fav track in iracing and real life lol. I agree with roush let throw in some type of stock car into the mix. Ive never driven the SLM on a road course but the regular LM and Nationwide B cars drive pretty good on a road course from my experience.

Last edited:
My vote is for VIR but I'm going to be a bit biased considering its my fav track in iracing and real life lol. I agree with roush let throw in some type of stock car into the mix. Ive never driven the SLM on a road course but the regular LM and Nationwide B cars drive pretty good on a road course from my experience.

I was being sarcastic but seriously I do have a SLM road setup. I still need to check if it works with the new build. I'll post it on Tuesday night. It was a pain in the *** to make since there isn't a lot of wiggle room to get it square but it's a ton of fun.

I'd vote for a large track, VIR fits that criteria

Update on the SLM setup: yeah it's definitely changed since the new build, I'm not so sure about it working at VIR being so right turn dependent. My cross weight goes up with every adjustment, which means going sideways on right turns and three wheelin on left turns, seriously, it's ridiculous! :lol:

However the Limited Late Model should do just fine and dandy

Last edited:
Back