GTPlanet Scale model thread

• Thread starter bondy_1625
  • 15,734 comments
Like this? https://www.acmediecast.com/products/details.cfm?ProductNumber=KSR18501V-B&category=1:18 Lamborghini##

Unfortunately the lavender color is a Kyosho exclusive one, which means it will sell out fast. Dunno what other colors besides white and lavender they will make. Seems it only came in two additional colors, red and black. Super tempted to pre-order the lavender one though, same for the ACME edition Vette Grand Sport GT Spirit is making.
Like that! So, is the SE30 a collaboration between Kyosho and GT Spirit? Didn't know that was a thing. I just may get the Lavender one. Although red will be nice. The only Lamborghini I've ever gotten to "drive" (move from a parking lot to a car show) was a red SE30.

upload_2017-8-2_9-15-54.png

Like that! So, is the SE30 a collaboration between Kyosho and GT Spirit? Didn't know that was a thing. I just may get the Lavender one. Although red will be nice. The only Lamborghini I've ever gotten to "drive" (move from a parking lot to a car show) was a red SE30.

View attachment 664499

It has been at least a couple of years now, Kyosho's Samurai line, 1/12 resin line and this brand new Lamborghini line are GT Spirit's productions.

I heard Looksmart is going to do their own SE30 Jota, I will get that one instead.

A lot of you seem to be far more resourceful than me when finding out what future models there may be and from which brand. Any word on the street about a 1/18 scale 991.2 GT3? Just curious, I can't seem to find anything.

dl11926.jpg

GT Spirit annonced this via email:

"We're pleased to announce that we will be launching a new series of cars in association with Kyosho Corporation. Each month you will be discovering a new Super Car, either classic or modern, in a special GT Spirit brand. There'll be 1/18 and 1/12, in a very limited series of 250 to 500 pieces per model."

I'm going to hold off on that RWB now. :D

A lot of you seem to be far more resourceful than me when finding out what future models there may be and from which brand. Any word on the street about a 1/18 scale 991.2 GT3? Just curious, I can't seem to find anything.

dl11926.jpg

Facebook, yo. If you know your brands (browse model shops to learn brand names), try finding the official pages on Facebook, Like them and you'll get news feed.

I would snatch that up immediately before they correct it. Probably too late now.

Last edited:
stop with those 962Cs already, we got plenty of them...
I need my R92CP :(

Would you drop $300USD if they made the R92CP in 1/18?

edit: Let me rephrase that:

Would anyone be willing to drop $300USD if they made the R92CP in 1/18?

Last edited:
$150 CAD is a lottt less than $150 USD. Preorder it and help boost our CAD value. I need better purchasing power to shop in Germany and Japan. :lol:

Would you drop $300USD if they made the R92CP in 1/18?

edit: Let me rephrase that:

Would anyone be willing to drop $300USD if they made the R92CP in 1/18?
I don't want to spend this amount of money anymore for a single model, but maybe...the frontiart R92CP is utopia, no news about a possible Autoart so if this is the only alternative...
For half the price, it's an instant buy.

I'm going to try my hand at repainting a 1/18 scale model. I recently got a model, a UT Porsche (obviously) GT2 in silver. It had the hard to find "updated" painted wheels so I may have overpaid. It arrived, from the Netherlands, in bad shape despite the seller claiming it was "like new". In any case, I got another silver one (also claimed to be "like new" and wasn't but that's not the point), with the old wheels and the missing brake calipers, for cheap. Figure I will practice on the cheap car first. Who knows, I could end up with 2 good, custom painted GT2s! With one still missing the brake calipers....

I think I can rip the cars apart if I'm careful. My concern is replacing the decals, mainly the "911 GT" on on the rear of the model. I can live without it, though, and the Porsche crest will be easy to replace. Should be fun.

I'm going to try my hand at repainting a 1/18 scale model. I recently got a model, a UT Porsche (obviously) GT2 in silver. It had the hard to find "updated" painted wheels so I may have overpaid. It arrived, from the Netherlands, in bad shape despite the seller claiming it was "like new". In any case, I got another silver one (also claimed to be "like new" and wasn't but that's not the point), with the old wheels and the missing brake calipers, for cheap. Figure I will practice on the cheap car first. Who knows, I could end up with 2 good, custom painted GT2s! With one still missing the brake calipers....

I think I can rip the cars apart if I'm careful. My concern is replacing the decals, mainly the "911 GT" on on the rear of the model. I can live without it, though, and the Porsche crest will be easy to replace. Should be fun.

I guess what you should announce is what steps you're planning to take as I can probably identify some things you may want to avoid.

I guess what you should announce is what steps you're planning to take as I can probably identify some things you may want to avoid.
Don't really know yet, I guess, but I don't plan to do any major changes other than the color of the car. Aim is to disassemble it as much as possible so I can paint the car's body. Quick look at the car it looks like a lot may just be glued together.

It will seem like this goes without saying but remember to note where all the parts came from when you disassemble.

Some weeks down the road and you may forget how one complicated area was disassembled.

^ are those exhaust pipes never in a perfect square formation? Someone else sold off their model for that very reason.

Also, on a scale of 1 to 10, how likely would you buy another Zonda for that engine & suspension work under the bonnet alone?

^ are those exhaust pipes never in a perfect square formation? Someone else sold off their model for that very reason.

Also, on a scale of 1 to 10, how likely would you buy another Zonda for that engine & suspension work under the bonnet alone?

Yea I have seen some totally ****ed up pipes on DX. Mines aren't perfect but they look pretty good to my eyes.

The engine and suspension stuff are spectacular by AA standard. Although these don't mean much to me since my models never have anything open inside my cabinets. That's why I prefer resin most of the time, but this is an exception as there are no resin alternatives in the market.

This would be my only Zonda in my collection, I don't see myself adding another one ever.

Awesome. I will now put the next order towards the Revoc in blue.

Also, you should try shutting off your room lights and only use the garage LEDs as a light source. Put a white piece of paper beside the camera to reflect more light if you have to. You almost nailed garage lighting.

Awesome. I will now put the next order towards the Revoc in blue.

Also, you should try shutting off your room lights and only use the garage LEDs as a light source. Put a white piece of paper beside the camera to reflect more light if you have to. You almost nailed garage lighting.

Thanks for the advice! I will try it out later on.

Back