GTPlanet Scale model thread

• Thread starter bondy_1625
  • 15,734 comments
I thought about using yellow film, even have some extra yellow Lamin-X from my real car anyways, but may be too rigid a material for the models even if it's only 12 mils thick. I am looking to do the headlights on two 996 generation 911s, so not terribly complicated of a shape. Thinking paint would be easiest even if it's permanent, though. They aren't valuable models and I don't plan to sell anyways. :lol:
If you’re looking for an alternative to painting, and films for real car headlights seem to be too thick for realism, Tamiya has a transparent coloured film for RC cars that should suit what you want. I haven’t tried it before, and it probably costs a few dollars, but it should offer the best of both worlds in terms of reversibility (though I never tried it, so don’t quote me on that) and realism. :)

Last edited:
I thought about using yellow film, even have some extra yellow Lamin-X from my real car anyways, but may be too rigid a material for the models even if it's only 12 mils thick. I am looking to do the headlights on two 996 generation 911s, so not terribly complicated of a shape. Thinking paint would be easiest even if it's permanent, though. They aren't valuable models and I don't plan to sell anyways. :lol:

You could also try using water based glass paint if you want it to be reversible.

Word I got the same maroon, but with the best nose. :P

Nah, it's all about that pointy nose.:D

503255F1-79B4-4537-A7FA-2843257BAD4A.jpeg

I just received this beautiful Raybrig NSX, always had a soft spot for this car.

Would you guys be open to some armor scale models?

WW2/Post-War/Modern War vehicles? From tanks, and half-tracks, to trucks and jeeps?

I'm about to start printing some 1/100 scale model WW2 era vehicles. Just waiting on a fine nozzle. It's an experiment I want to experience with you all :lol:

Last edited:
Would you guys be open to some armor scale models?

WW2/Post-War/Modern War vehicles? From tanks, and half-tracks, to trucks and jeeps?

I'm about to start printing some 1/100 scale model WW2 era vehicles. Just waiting on a fine nozzle. It's an experiment I want to experience with you all :lol:

Post away, dude! We've had planes, trains and other military vehicles posted in here in the past.

And a whole heap of pics of the recent additions:

AUTOart 2016 Chevrolet Corvette C7.R:

AUTOart 2009 Lamborghini Murcielago SV LP670-4:

AUTOart 2001 Chevrolet Corvette C5R:

Replicarz 1970 Chaparral 2J:

Top Marques 1997 Lotus Elise GT1:

Super A 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII:

AUTOart 1982 Nissan Skyline DR30 Super Silhouette:

Spark 1991 Mazda 787B:

AUTOart 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody:

Awesome additions! I especially like that purple LP670-4 SV. Also, those Corvettes are great, just need a C6R to round out that collection, eh?
If I could find a C6R that was a decent price and at least an LM runner, I would get one. I only have the non-liveried yellow version lol
Maybe I will get lucky and Spark will release a C6R...

Armor models are a bust for now. I decided to actually just showcase some of my various car models instead.

Range Rover 4.6 HSE; unknown origin and scale. Model logo is a smallcase italic "h". It's 6 cm x 2 cm so maybe it's a 1/90th scale? It's a miniature.

Growing up I used to be obsessed with Land Rover and Range Rover, specfically the Defender 90 and 110 variants that we would see whenever I visited my parents in the field. My father would bring home magazines that had adverts on them, like this:

90907e862e62bce46f2ca797c6e71f0e.jpg

So when I got a macro lens last year, I thought it fitting to pay homage to those types of adverts.

Last edited:
I came across Amalgam Collection. These models, although way too expensive are the pinnacle of the scale model cars. Some of these models go for almost the same price as my Fiat 500 Twinair.

It is only for very wealthy people.

Armor models are a bust for now. I decided to actually just showcase some of my various car models instead.

Range Rover 4.6 HSE; unknown origin and scale. Model logo is a smallcase italic "h". It's 6 cm x 2 cm so maybe it's a 1/90th scale? It's a miniature.

Growing up I used to be obsessed with Land Rover and Range Rover, specfically the Defender 90 and 110 variants that we would see whenever I visited my parents in the field. My father would bring home magazines that had adverts on them, like this:

90907e862e62bce46f2ca797c6e71f0e.jpg

So when I got a macro lens last year, I thought it fitting to pay homage to those types of adverts.

Small scale and a H might be a Herpa or High Speed?

Last edited:
VXR
Small scale and a H might be a Herpa or High Speed?

Just found it. They have the full name written on the side of the logo.

Hongwell. They're from Hong Kong, and own Cararama as well.

The more you know :lol:

We bought a bunch of these back in 2002 at the airport in Budapest. I know I have a Jaguar XJ8 and an Audi RS6 Avant still in their packaging, but I havent found them yet.

I mean... for what they are, they're decent, I guess. I found this yellow 911 in my collection and it's misproportioned :lol:

Last edited:
IMG-20210303-WA0002.jpeg

Hello all, the Ferrari 348 I'm repairing is just waiting for wheels but it's hard to find the correct ones. I'd like to try 3d printing them but I'm a complete novice there so I've asked my father in law to try. He needs an 'STL' file of them but I dont know where to start. Does anyone have any suggestions?

@TB I recall a cool thread where you have done lots of nice printing and @daan perhaps you know your way around and could assist? Any and all help appreciated :cheers:

@TB I recall a cool thread where you have done lots of nice printing
I print, but I haven't done much for complex designs from scratch. A quick search got me to this which has a download option for an stl file. I have no idea if that will get you what you need, though.

TB
I print, but I haven't done much for complex designs from scratch. A quick search got me to this which has a download option for an stl file. I have no idea if that will get you what you need, though.

Thanks for that, I've forwarded the link so heres hoping he can do the wheels separately :cheers:

Probably easier and cheaper to buy a cheap 348 mira on eBay just for the wheels

It's a cheap Mira 348 I'm repairing :lol:

20200716_171426.jpg
20200717_100221.jpg
20200905_103253.jpg

I bought a joblot from a seller on eBay and this one was at the bottom of the box. The quality is really shoddy but I liked the pop up headlamps. I planned on doing it up one day and with the time off work I thought I'd get stuck in. It's nearly done and the wheels are the last thing to do.

Last edited:
That was my point, I would just buy a cheap looking one with ok wheels to replace.

There is also a guy on Instagram who sells everykind of 3d printed wheels for scalemodels he Can custom made pretty much everything but that's not cheap. Also his website :

https://miyminimodels.com/

Thanks for that, I've forwarded the link so heres hoping he can do the wheels separately :cheers:

To follow up, was your father-in-law able to print them out separately?

I'm really curious to see how they turned out!!

Last edited:
Got an ad for an auction this morning, and seeing as the wife was asleep, I dug through the 400 listings for a bargain. Some really cool Motorsport memorabilia and scale models.
In the end I placed bids on quite a few, but the prices got out of hand.

Someone tried stealing these in the last second but I managed to get one final bid in and just pinched it back. No boxes, aerial damage, but still super keen for them to arrive :D

1:18 AutoArt Toyota TS020 x2.
ECB18169-9204-4231-BD56-13BBEE219FD2.jpeg

Last edited:
Back