GTPlanet Scale model thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter bondy_1625
  • 16,202 comments
  • 1,569,387 views
996 GT3 RSR from Minichamps. Older model of mine, but took it out for photos. Not nearly as cool as the ones posted above 😂

2023-04-29_02-56-58.jpg

2023-04-29_02-56-53.jpg
 
Last edited:
I really love the shape of the 996 RSR, that's one I don't have yet.

Took out some Stuttgart machinery this week





All 1/43 ;
190 Evo I / Minichamps
C43 AMG ; C55 AMG ; C63S AMG / Spark
C63 AMG / Schuco
 
Last edited:
Here is a decade of collecting, every Porsche 911 which wears an "RS" badge up to the 991 generation.
52903822895_5bd399a83a_b.jpg


And a snap from the back with my phone since I was struggling with lighting.
52902843297_8349f56ffe_b.jpg
 
Last edited:
I personally think those resin 992s look better than the Norev GT3, but to each his own.
 
20230504_174745.jpg


20230504_174800.jpg


Couldn't resist this.

The E38 seems to be a hard shape to replicate, particularly in the rear, but Otto have made a wee masterpiece here.

Last model. Honest....
 
MSZ
I personally think those resin 992s look better than the Norev GT3, but to each his own.
1:18 resin models suck. Why would you bother paying for a big model that doesn't even have opening parts? Isn't that the whole point of buying one? I don't get it.
 
1:18 resin models suck. Why would you bother paying for a big model that doesn't even have opening parts? Isn't that the whole point of buying one? I don't get it.
I don't play with my models. I have both diecast and resin FXXKs from BBR and the resin one looks million times better.

But once again, to each his own.
 
1:18 resin models suck. Why would you bother paying for a big model that doesn't even have opening parts? Isn't that the whole point of buying one? I don't get it.
Subject matter.
Also most decent resin models have quite nice exterior details and paint that most diecast models lack outside of very premium ones.
 
MSZ
I personally think those resin 992s look better than the Norev GT3, but to each his own.
I agree, and normally I dont care if a model is sealed or has opening parts since I go for the best looking/most accurate model, but in this case I wanted all of my GT3 (non-RS) models to have opening parts.
 
I agree, and normally I dont care if a model is sealed or has opening parts since I go for the best looking/most accurate model, but in this case I wanted all of my GT3 (non-RS) models to have opening parts.
I can see why these Norevs are so popular these days, they are cheap and a crapload of different colors to choose from.

It's funny that I still haven't own one single 992 yet, but I have about twenty different 991s.
 
Nothing crazy here, but I saw this M2 Machines 1/24 '73 Cheyenne at Walmart recently and "it hit me right in the feels." My grandpa had a '79 Cheyenne. Not the highest quality model for sure, but instantly one of my favorites because of the memories. It's white, not mint green, my camera's phone is just that bad, haha.

52955289801_d3af9ca3c8_c.jpg
 
Last edited:
MSZ
I can see why these Norevs are so popular these days, they are cheap and a crapload of different colors to choose from.

It's funny that I still haven't own one single 992 yet, but I have about twenty different 991s.
Indeed, I am thankful for the choices. Being a Porsche 911 model collector is easy sometimes, with many, many models to pick from. 😉

Once I sell my Minichamps 992, the Norev will be the only 992 I have for the time being. Waiting patiently for a release of a 992 GT3 RS model. And then the inevitable face-lift and Weissach editions... oh and a 992 GT2 someday. 😂
 
1:18 resin models suck. Why would you bother paying for a big model that doesn't even have opening parts? Isn't that the whole point of buying one? I don't get it.
Personally I am not a fan of resin models because of the lack of opening parts, but there are a few models you just cant get with opening bits. The '97 BTCC Laguna, the XJ40 XJR and the E38 were models I really wanted so I had to overlook that. I'm glad I did as the quality of them makes up for the lack of being able to open doors etc.

I was curious about the Norev models but having seen a few on here they seem impressive.
 
Here is my entire GT3 collection in 1/18 scale to date (not including RS models). I am glad that every single 911 GT3 ever has not only been made in scale form, but all of these models here have opening parts, too.

52965157453_eda2f81aa5_b.jpg
I like the simplicity of a base model 911. I have a 993 carrera, 993 GT2, and 996GT3, and it's nice to see the evolution from new 993 (at the time) to something more focused.
 
1:43 Subaru Leone TOURING WAGON 1984 🚙 (Hi Story)

Leon is the progenitor of the Legacy and other all-wheel drive Subaru. Although I am not a fan of most wagons, if there is a sedan or coupe version, I could not pass by this one. Beautiful blue-blue color, high roof and turbo four-wheel drive.

Grv79sLgnLs8mW9vY8nHt9h3vWM-1920.jpg
jMYR03fnusF_fD1bg7PUIv4ESf4-1920.jpg
72odVZiI2mFzmBzIQlBSu0aPwlU-1920.jpg
eyTvHiZVraDzR8e2SZ_ScIS3AGY-1920.jpg
yux6OQSFT_1v7UQ8iPF3xxHJCbY-1920.jpg
VnCxxGUaoU_slfg_Wxnmr7wCxSk-1920.jpg
Rnk39QdqVsCNyLwVhZbyTXLvX6Q-1920.jpg



to be continued....
My insta
 
Back