GTPlanet Scale model thread

• Thread starter bondy_1625
  • 15,735 comments
Bottas, Verstappen, Leclerc, Hamilton, and Norris.
PSX_20240325_141515.jpg

PSX_20240325_141645.jpg

:lol:

Last edited:
Got some 1/43 Lancer Evolution rally cars, specifically I (top left), II (bottom left), III (middle top), IV (middle bottom), V (top right) and VIII (bottom right). I know the first 4 Evos are similar, but wanted them all. I already have a VI, VII, IX and X somewhere.

20240328_114100.jpg

The III has to be my favorite from HPI:
EVO2.jpg

Sorry in advance the picture is terrible, but trying to show the color of the model here as it is a very dark purple unless it's in good lighting: The model is 1/18 Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS Weissach from Norev and the color is Viola Metallic.

1000016542.jpg

Edit: Pairs up well with my Malachite Green non-Weissach version. Love the colors Norev has been offering.

20231217_130328.jpg

Last edited:
Fellow dust haters!

Recently bought this custom design Besta IKEA unit for storage, but also to house my favourite large models.

My issue now is the lack of protection from dust - what could I put over the front of the shelves to keep the dust out, be able to see the models, and also not damage the IKEA unit?

image_2024-04-08_121519289.png

image_2024-04-08_121429260.png
image_2024-04-08_121404276.png

Perhaps plexiglass/acrylic sheets? It's a solution I am looking into as well, but have only just experimented with it. I don't have any pictures at the moment, but I have an open bookshelf I also use as a display cabinet for Lego so long as I can keep the dust out.

I managed to find a few sheets of plexiglass (on Amazon) that had the same dimensions as the bookshelf openings, but I am sure they can be cut to the size you need. Mine are currently held in place by tape until I can think of a better way to keep the plexiglass flush with the shelf but also able to open it easily.

Perhaps plexiglass/acrylic sheets? It's a solution I am looking into as well, but have only just experimented with it. I don't have any pictures at the moment, but I have an open bookshelf I also use as a display cabinet for Lego so long as I can keep the dust out.

I managed to find a few sheets of plexiglass (on Amazon) that had the same dimensions as the bookshelf openings, but I am sure they can be cut to the size you need. Mine are currently held in place by tape until I can think of a better way to keep the plexiglass flush with the shelf but also able to open it easily.
Seems inexpensive too, will definitely look into it. Some nice BluTack to make it look nice haha.

Back