GTPlanet "Star in a Reasonably Priced Car"

• Thread starter FutureF1
  • 149 comments
So we had our sixth driver take on the Top Gear Test Track! @Crs_D! He looked smooth in his practice runs and then posted a 1:43.346 on his flying lap. Afterwards, we caught up with him with a few questions:

Interview:

How long have you been on GTPlanet?

I've joined on November 2014, just to share my photos from GT6, and so far I have enjoyed the forums and the members very very much :) This is a very pleasant community!

Have you taken part in any races recently, if so, which ones?

I only go on GT6 to cruise around tracks, set some laps and have fun. Rarely I go online, sometimes for a drift session with my friend.
The Reasonably Priced Car is possibly the first online event I've attended in GT6 so far.

What cars have you owned in real life? If none, what car do you wish to own?

I've had a '97 Fiat Cinquecento 900cc which somehow managed to produce more power than it should (no idea how) but it was too rusty and I had to get rid of it. Currently I have an '98 Opel Corsa B 3-door version but on Saturday I'm picking up a '00 Seat Ibiza.
As for a car I'd wish to own, as far as my possibilities go I crave for a Nissan 200sx. But I'd also like to have a Subaru Impreza WRX STI, it's a lovely car.

How did you enjoy your session in the Reasonably Priced car?

I've got to admit I was quite nervous on practice and the final run, I've had consistent lap times on practice, and on the final lap my flow just flew away, it was gone and my time wasn't as good as I'd like it to be!
Nevertheless it was absolutely fantastic and I'm very happy to have participated in this event!
I wish for a new Reasonable Priced Car and a new event and lap times sometime!

Thanks for being with us @Crs_D!

Last edited:
So we had our seventh driver take on the Top Gear Test Track! @hsv! He looked smooth in his practice runs and then posted a 1:39.926 on his flying lap thus toping our guest times. Afterwards, we caught up with him with a few questions:

Interview:

Since May 29th, 2013.

I'm currently gearing up for the 13th ToCA season with my newly formed kurwa project. Pre-season races have yielded 5 wins for me.

I'm 15, but I have a bucket list of a few cars: A Polonez of some description, a '93-'97 NSX, a Volvo 850 wagon, an S60 Polestar wagon, and a Group B homologation car of some sort.

It was looking good, although I feel I underperformed quite significantly in the car on my final lap. The car, although CVT, was actually quite good, and I'm a fan of the Vitz platform as a whole.

Thank you to @hsv for his time.

Last edited:
I apologize for today, I had a lot of things to do today. For everyone that wants to do a session, I will be available AFTER 4:00 PM (GMT -5).

PLEASE USE THIS SIGN UP SHEET:

Star In a Reasonably Priced Car Sessions
Supervisor: @Mike458 and/or @rcb929 and/or @FutureF1
Host: TBA (possibly @rcb929 , if not, @FutureF1, if not, then @Mike458 )

4:00 PM:
4:20 PM:
4:40 PM:
5:00 PM:
5:20 PM:
5:40 PM:
6:00 PM:
6:30 PM:
7:00 PM:
7:20 PM:
7:40 PM:
8:00 PM:

I apologize for today, I had a lot of things to do today. For everyone that wants to do a session, I will be available AFTER 4:00 PM (GMT -5).

7:00 PM: @GT_Racer22
8:00 PM:
I see that you're in New Jersey too! I'm right above Trenton :)

7:00 PM:
8:00 PM: NW48

If my time conversion is correct, that time should be (Next Day) 11am GMT +10. Definitely looking forward to it!

Today's guest was @AudiMan2011! He had a go in the reasonably priced car and set a competitive 1:40.551! Afterwards, we caught up with for a few questions;

I've been on the site since July 20th, 2011 when I decided to take part in a GT5 street racing league after stumbling into a room one night lobby surfing.

I've mainly been taking part in RACE's weekend fun runs and I've been preparing for ToCA13 as work commitments having forced me to cut back on commitments to racing during the rest of the week.

ToCA13 will be my primary racing series that I'll be taking part in over the next few weeks.

What is your favorite moment/achievement on GTPlanet?
My favourite moment was probably when I won my first ever Photomode competition over in the GT6 Photomode Forums with my stunning picture of the X14 at Big Willow. I then went on to score another win a couple of weeks later in another head to head competition.

Currently, I'm running around in a Vauxhall Corsa Limited Edition diesel. It's nothing special to shout about, but it's enough to get me to and from work every day.

I've started looking into getting my own car that I can own myself and I'm basically looking into small diesels again.

It was an enjoyable and satisfying combination. Normally I don't like driving cars in GT6 that have a CVT, but on a short nippy handling circuit, the gearbox issues become negated.

I knew I had to hook up a good lap and I think I did a satisfactory job at it.

Thank you for the time @AudiMan2011!

I am currently extremely sick right now with a bad headache. Reasonably Priced Car Registration will be closed for the rest of today as soon as @rcb929 closes the lobby.

Last edited:
Today's guest was @TeamCZRRacing ! He had a go in the reasonably priced car and set a smooth 1:42.672! Afterwards, we caught up with for a few questions;

How long have you been on GTPlanet? Since December '09. I'd started GT Wikia a few months previously, so in December I figured I'd run an ad on GTP. While I was here, I took a look around and decided, "hey, this place is pretty cool!" So I signed up.

Aside from the occasional Quick Match or regular online race, I haven't taken part in any races myself recently, especially on GTP. I do however commentate on the ORA GTWC PRO races, so I do still keep "in the loop" when it comes to racing online. :)

What is your favorite moment/achievement on GTPlanet?
There are a bunch of them, really. :D It's hard to pick.

I've got a ZZW30 Toyota MR2 in British Racing Green. The thing's such a little badass! Throw it into a corner and it WILL stick. Brings a smile to my face every time I drive it.

It was pretty fun, actually! The Vitz' massive amounts of body roll and complete lack of power present a pretty unique challenge. You have to place a specific emphasis on trying to maintain as much speed as possible throughout the corner. With more powerful cars, you can enter slower and pick up the throttle sooner, but with such little power, if you lose any speed at all, it takes quite a while to get it back. Unfortunately the understeer makes that pretty difficult, but that's part of the challenge. :)

Thanks for your time @TeamCZRRacing!

Lobby has been closed. Registration will begin tomorrow. I apologize for all of the complications that have been going on; you guys seem to be dealing with them very well.

Back