GTPlanet survey pressure on PD for DLC releases.

• Thread starter WCheffirs
  • 38 comments
Australia
Souf Straya
WilliamCheffirs
I remember the days (years) before Gran Turismo 5 was released and GTPlanet organised a massive survey to garner information on what features people most wanted for the upcoming game. I think PD actually paid attention to this and tried implementing some of the major suggestions (or what they could considering their constraints).

I'm proposing GTPlanet do this for GT6's DLC. An ongoing massive survey could be held, ranking the cars and tracks in descending order of most votes received.

eg...
3/1/2014 Live DLC Vote Tally

Cars
#1 - 2015 Ford Mustang GT / 201,021 Votes
#2 - 2013 Ford FG Falcon V8SC / 175,231 Votes
#3 - 1990 Lamborghini Diablo / 121,773 Votes
#4 - etc...

Tracks
#1 - Pikes Peak / 221,302 Votes
#2 - Singapore F1 Circuit / 98,203 Votes
#3 - Talladega Super Speedway / 71,032 Votes
#4 - etc...

Considering the 250,000 members on GTPlanet, PD might take notice and attempt to include some of the most popular cars/tracks in the following DLC batches.

...couldn't hurt and our wish-lists might actually achieve something.

ALSO this is not a wishlist thread, don't paste suggestions here. Paste them on the main wishlist thread.

Last edited:
Isn't thisnot just anither wishlist thread with another name?

It's calling for a more organised wishlist thread that takes peoples suggestions, tallies them, and shows what are the most desired cars and tracks...instead of 1000's and 1000's of pages of random :drool: emoticons.

Did you actually read the first post? Because he is presenting an idea concerning fan feedback to PD, not making requests for cars or tracks.

Upcoming Gran Turismo Mobile Application (GT Mobile App) will have community forum and special feedback functionality built-in and synchronised with the game itself.

So, all users in the world - and not just active GTP members - will be able to communicate betwwen themselves and provide PD with feedback on all issues needed.

Did you actually read the first post? Because he is presenting an idea concerning fan feedback to PD, not making requests for cars or tracks.

Yes I did.
That is what my reply was based upon.

GTPlanet is just a small portion of the fanbase of GT.
And quite a few members will not be buying GT6.

Like Amar said the GTmobile app will be a better way ti get feedback from the whole world.
From people who actually playing the game.

And lastly.
The game is not even released yet.
Nobody knows exactly what cars are in the game, so why allready submitting feedback concirning DLC?

Upcoming Gran Turismo Mobile Application (GT Mobile App) will have community forum and special feedback functionality built-in and synchronised with the game itself.

So, all users in the world - and not just active GTP members - will be able to communicate betwwen themselves and provide PD with feedback on all issues needed.

I have not read about PD feedback anywhere, only that the app will exist. I can't comment on its merits for obvious reasons but I don't see why it should be necessary for fans to download an app just to have access to a forum. The cynic would suggest that it is just a vehicle for PD to make a quick buck.

It's not like PD paid much attention to the previous feedback system here. Sure some got done but I'd wager that was more coincidence, before it was taken down there were at least ten suggestions with thousands of votes not done.

Same goes for car wishlists. They might by coincidence get some of the requested cars done but the biggest requested cars also go ignored.

I'm pretty sure PD are happy to just do their own thing.

Yes I did.
That is what my reply was based upon.

GTPlanet is just a small portion of the fanbase of GT.
And quite a few members will not be buying GT6.

Most of these suggestions are borne out of the fact that there is no official GT forum though. This is the closest GT fans get to directly raising their concerns with PD.

Like Amar said the GTmobile app will be a better way ti get feedback from the whole world.
From people who actually playing the game.

It could be. No-one knows.

And lastly.
The game is not even released yet.
Nobody knows exactly what cars are in the game, so why allready submitting feedback concirning DLC?

It isn't feedback concerning DLC, it is a suggestion for a feedback mechanism, such that when fans do know what cars are in the game(ie game release, subsequent DLC releases), such a mechanism could be used accordingly.

GT Mobile App will be free.

Well that is one positive.

Most of these suggestions are borne out of the fact that there is no official GT forum though. This is the closest GT fans get to directly raising their concerns with PD.
So wrong.
Taku emphasized that many of the game’s new changes and features are “for the community”, and that the team at Polyphony Digital has been listening carefully to player feedback:

“Ever since GT5 came out, we hear a lot, like on forums, and our creator of the game, Yamauchi-san, he tweets.

He gets like a thousand tweets every day from people saying ‘you should do this or put this car in’. We pay a lot of attention to that stuff and take it really seriously.”
http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Gran-Turismo/bd-p/65
http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Gran-Turismo/bd-p/13
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Gran-Turismo-Series/ct-p/12128

Etc.

No offense to Kaz or PD, but if they are gathering their community wish information from tweets that's a little lame and about the most haphazard and disorganized way of gathering feedback possible. A forum such as this with a long and rich history would be a much better source of information than random tweets.

Thanks Amar :). Out of curiosity have you got a link to this information ?

It's calling for a more organised wishlist thread that takes peoples suggestions, tallies them, and shows what are the most desired cars and tracks...instead of 1000's and 1000's of pages of random :drool: emoticons.

This would be the job of the one who created that wish list thread. "With great power comes great responsibility".

This would be the job of the one who created that wish list thread. "With great power comes great responsibility".

Seriously, if you had made the wishlist thread would you be bothered to do such a thing?
I know that the OP in the 'what you want in GT6 besides cars and tracks' thread put all of the ideas mentioned in the thread until post #1331 (page 67), but it's hard and pointless to do considering the genius of the feedback tab

Seriously, if you had made the wishlist thread would you be bothered to do such a thing? I know that the OP in the 'what you want in GT6 besides cars and tracks' thread put all of the ideas mentioned in the thread until post #1331 (page 67), but it's hard and pointless to do considering the genius of the feedback tab
So I shouldn't try then. Other members maintain their threads. Such as the Master Car List.

If one isn't ambitious to maintain something massive, then one shouldn't create something that will knowingly become massive.

Yes, the system Jordan had setup was fantastic.

ShiftingGears

So wrong.

Taku emphasized that many of the game’s new changes and features are “for the community”, and that the team at Polyphony Digital has been listening carefully to player feedback:

“Ever since GT5 came out, we hear a lot, like on forums, and our creator of the game, Yamauchi-san, he tweets.

Zero, what 'forums' do you think Taku is talking about here?

He gets like a thousand tweets every day .... We pay a lot of attention to that stuff and take it really seriously.”

^ This statement is highly dubious, and has yet to be proven in any tangible way.

Johnnypenso
No offense to Kaz or PD, but if they are gathering their community wish information from tweets that's a little lame and about the most haphazard and disorganized way of gathering feedback possible. A forum such as this with a long and rich history would be a much better source of information than random tweets.

I agree with you, Johnnypenso.

Zero, what 'forums' do you think Taku is talking about here?
Mainly the official comunity forums but they have a team to research for global feedback, so GTP will be a part of all that along with other forums, magazine reviews, social media, etc. The GTP community is not the main voice of the GT universe, the more popular maybe. PD look at the global and search for constructive feedback and that is something difficult to find only reading at these forums.

Mainly the official comunity forums but they have a team to research for global feedback, so GTP will be a part of all that along with other forums, magazine reviews, social media, etc. The GTP community is not the main voice of the GT universe the more popular maybe. PD look at the global and search for constructive feedback and that is something difficult to find only reading at these forums.

If not, then what is the main voice of the GT universe?

From what Amar is saying we wont need this done on GTP at all. A well designed app by Polyphony could easily include polling systems, forums and apparently direct community feedback. Which will mean a solid flow (or flood?) of information about what people want, any arising glitches or hacks and maybe the occasional compliment.

You are making it seem like they only gather info from twitter, when it was specifically stated as being one of the many places they gather feedback from...Which is how a whole heap of developers gather info.I think an official site wouldn't make any difference because at the end of the day,they want info from various places.They aren't going to come on gtplanet and cater to the wishes of a fraction of their entire fan base.

Official SONY PlayStation forums, PlayStation Blog entry comments, comments on their official Twitter feed(s) and Facebook page(s).

The Official SONY PlayStation forum isn't 1/10th as active as GTP. IMO random comments on twitter and facebook are a poor way to gather info when you compare it to the specifically and narrowly targeted threads that appear on GTP. PS Blog I'm not familiar with I'll have to check that out. I still say GTP is or should be the number one place for PD/Sony to gather feedback on GT for it's sheer size, scope and volume of feedback and how well the site is run.

Back