GTPlanet survey pressure on PD for DLC releases.

• Thread starter WCheffirs
  • 38 comments
I still say GTP is or should be the number one place for PD/Sony to gather feedback on GT for it's sheer size, scope and volume of feedback and how well the site is run.

This.

GTPlanet would be one of the best sites I visit, period. The amount of information I've acquired through it over the years is immense to say the least - tuning guides, the latest news, interviews, the Bathurst/Goodwood track "scanning", the well moderated forum, the diverse opinions seen through our many debates, the racing series, the resident forum gurus (Scaff, Griffith500 etc).....

The official PlayStation forums really don't even come close. (I won't even mention the cesspool that is Twitter)

Isn't this what turn 10 did for forza to vote in new cars that were wanted not just guessed. Would make sense for them to add cars people might buy in packs (...........porsche pack lmao)

Has Kaz ever mentioned gtplanet and their members views? I know he has spoken to some members here via interviews but I've never heard of Kaz mentioning they wanted to bring out DLC because of us. I think DLC is just generally wanted by the community. It is also profitable for them to do so.

Has Kaz ever mentioned gtplanet and their members views? I know he has spoken to some members here via interviews but I've never heard of Kaz mentioning they wanted to bring out DLC because of us. I think DLC is just generally wanted by the community. It is also profitable for them to do so.

The general consensus from Kaz and the others in attendance at JFF is that they're well aware of us. From what I remember, there were some light-hearted jokes about the whole engine sound discussion with Taku, but I didn't take notes or anything ;)

Next interview, meeting, discussion, someone should really bring this up and suggest an official GT poll page that PD could monitor on this site. It would be financially plausible for them to do it as, like me, some may not of bought all the DLC because they didn't like those cars, BRZ S........really PD, same car again. If they have the ability to plan ahead, organise their time and scan in a car that people will 95% chance buy. Rather than risking time on cars which may or may not sell, and we all know that there time organisation isn't great anyway (2.5 year delay.....)

From what Amar is saying we wont need this done on GTP at all. A well designed app by Polyphony could easily include polling systems, forums and apparently direct community feedback. Which will mean a solid flow (or flood?) of information about what people want, any arising glitches or hacks and maybe the occasional compliment.

+1 I agree an app like that would be easy to make and be used.

From what Amar is saying we wont need this done on GTP at all. A well designed app by Polyphony could easily include polling systems, forums and apparently direct community feedback. Which will mean a solid flow (or flood?) of information about what people want, any arising glitches or hacks and maybe the occasional compliment.

This. I like that idea for PD to create an app to gather feedback from "everybody", not just GTPlanet... Will be really helpful and useful. 👍

It's not like PD paid much attention to the previous feedback system here. Sure some got done but I'd wager that was more coincidence, before it was taken down there were at least ten suggestions with thousands of votes not done.

Same goes for car wishlists. They might by coincidence get some of the requested cars done but the biggest requested cars also go ignored.

I'm pretty sure PD are happy to just do their own thing.

Spot on, this man speaks the truth..

Previous feedback for GT5, which car was head and shoulders above all else as the no 1 most wanted car - BMW E30 M30 (old skool original 4 cylinder M3).

There's plenty of these cars at concours level, wouldn't be much effort at all to locate one and for PD to do whatever they do with cars (i.e. map/copy it) and put it in the game - but they didn't.

Look at the other updates/features they gave us (helmets/race suits, worthless tickets like oil change etc etc) when there are other huge problems (connectivity/mics) which have never been addressed.

Pretty obvious PD do whatever PD want (bringing in 1m cr car gift limit etc etc), if it matches what is in/on some website feedback/questionnaire, likelihood is it's a coincidence.

Back