GTPlanet Tandem H2H Drift Tournament #2 </Ivan vs Uberlight replay uploaded\>

• Thread starter Hayden
  • 858 comments
2 months from today! :) Let's get this moving people :P

Yeah 2 months is a long time but Hayden is doing all this by himself. He does have a life outside of GTP and trying to organize everyone's battles would be very hard. Especially when 9/10 people cancel battles or dont show or are sleeping, etc,etc,etc....

Yeah 2 months is a long time but Hayden is doing all this by himself. He does have a life outside of GTP and trying to organize everyone's battles would be very hard. Especially when 9/10 people cancel battles or dont show or are sleeping, etc,etc,etc....

Fair call but how many chances do people need to show up we all have lifes outside of gt5 if you can't make the battle cancel and let the other person advance that way we will see the comp run quicker and another tourni start sooner if the person who cancelled is still interested they can do the next one.

My point is wouldn't it be better if you could organize it so it ran over 2 weekends instead of 2 months and still going.
Dedicate a set amount of hours to run on 1 weekend instead of the countless hours this comp has already taken from haydens time.

Fair call but how many chances do people need to show up we all have lifes outside of gt5 if you can't make the battle cancel and let the other person advance that way we will see the comp run quicker and another tourni start sooner if the person who cancelled is still interested they can do the next one.

My point is wouldn't it be better if you could organize it so it ran over 2 weekends instead of 2 months and still going.
Dedicate a set amount of hours to run on 1 weekend instead of the countless hours this comp has already taken from haydens time.

i stayed at home 3 weekends to do this tourny instead of going some place else. It didn't work 'cause Knight missed 3 appointments. thats why this tourny is so slow: People dont show when they have to.

Btw, can anyone Pm me Haydens email adress? Ive got the replay i need to send him.

i stayed at home 3 weekends to do this tourny instead of going some place else. It didn't work 'cause Knight missed 3 appointments. thats why this tourny is so slow: People dont show when they have to.

Btw, can anyone Pm me Haydens email adress? Ive got the replay i need to send him.
I missed 1 appointment actually ;)
Get it right... -_-

Sorry guys. But this has gone on way too long. Much of that is my fault, but i can no longer run this tournament. Sport season has started and i have been training 3 nights a week. Along with homework, i simply don't have the time. Unless someone else can "take the reigns", I'm afraid this is the end of the tournament. Congratulations to all those who sacrificed their own time for their battles, and well done to all those who won these qualifiers.

I am very sorry guys, but that's it.

Shocking lol I didn't see this coming. Now that's what you call sarcasm :P

Srcastic mother f... I didn't expect to see a single sarcastic post about this /sarcasm

I am extremely PO'd that it had to come to this. Honestly, I thought it would have ran quicker then #1... but as I said it is my fault. I should have had preorganised times from day 1, then a catchup weekend for those who couldn't make it. I will be uploading all the battles that have been run until now in about 10 hours time. I would be ecstatic if someone could take this over and finish the tourny proper. I just don't have the time anymore :( he'll if I didn't have an iPhone in my study session I wouldn't even be able to post this

O.o and a special sorry/thankyou to TTCH. I appreciate all the work you put on this buddy and I'm sorry to do this to you. Same goes to monstar for all his qualifier judging :( sorry guys

Last edited:
Im sorry to hear you can't finish the tournament.
if you want to still make the replay please give me your email, if not no problem.

I wasn't trying to be a smart a** about the situation..I just don't understand why 1 man has to run the show..I know he had some help but dang, really sad to see things go down this way :(

Stunt Drifter
I wasn't trying to be a smart a** about the situation..I just don't understand why 1 man has to run the show..I know he had some help but dang, really sad to see things go down this way :(

It wasn't 1 man by choice. If u flick back through this and the original thread you will see plenty of posts by me asking for people to help out. In the end I had 1 guy volunteer to record replays, two rock solid judges, jimmy offered to help me at the end of tourny 1 but i declined him, as at the time I had plenty of time on my hands. If someone can organize with a moderator as Jimmy suggested, I may be able to continue updating the bracket and judge occasionaly but other then that...:(

Remember: Tournament 1 was organized and ran throughout my school holidays, and before footy season started.

its a shame

oh well

Hey everyone read this. Go look at how a golf tournament is organized. It all happens in one weekend.

Do your future tournaments that way. Everyone just has to make sure they are free that weekend.

And if your not free, who cares, there will be a tourney the weekend after. see what im sayin.

Friday Qualifying. Saturday round 1 and 2. Sunday Semifinals and Finals. Its easy. One weekend.

no effing around trying to synchronize three people across 12 hours of time zone.

its a shame

oh well

Hey everyone read this. Go look at how a golf tournament is organized. It all happens in one weekend.

Do your future tournaments that way. Everyone just has to make sure they are free that weekend.

And if your not free, who cares, there will be a tourney the weekend after. see what im sayin.

Friday Qualifying. Saturday round 1 and 2. Sunday Semifinals and Finals. Its easy. One weekend.

no effing around trying to synchronize three people across 12 hours of time zone.

He is right. A tourny like this could be held in 1 day, organized like D1

Back