can't kick this feeling
Staff Emeritus
Canada
Toronto
NewAesthetic
SlipZtrEm
totw-badge-png.519094

Week 34

Welcome to the Track of the Week thread! The staff picked the first 20 tracks for the feature, but now, it's up to you, the community.
Rules

• Submissions absolutely must be a part of the GTPlanet Track Database. No exceptions. Please post the link to the resource page.
  • Submissions must have been made by the regular TPE, not any hacked or modified versions. That means no track crossovers, no lengths over 10km, etc etc.
  • Please do not include Photomode images or videos in your submission. Users can find those in your resource links!
  • Your submission doesn't have to be your own track: it can be another member's. However, please tag the creator so they're aware of your appreciation for their work!
  • When submitting, please start your post with Week XX Submission.
  • One submission, per user, per week.
  • Submissions from previous weeks can be re-submitted, as long as they have not won.
  • If the download link is not working, the submission will be ignored.
  • An accompanying track map image is acceptable. I recommend using the resource thumbnail: right-click on one and copy its URL for easy use, wrapped in the IMG tags of course! Please do not use massive images, keep them under 400px either direction.
  • Polls will go up on Friday afternoons.
  • No voting for your own creation(s) in the poll.
  • Do not try to sway the vote.
  • In the event of a tie, a 24H tie-breaker will be created.
  • In the event of a second tie, the decision lies with the staff.
Submission Example

Week 34 Submission

2147.jpg

Track Name: Sebring International Raceway
Resource Link: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/resources/sebring-international-raceway-full-circuit.2147/
Creator: @NingDynasty
Theme: Eifel Flat
Number Of Turns: 17
Length: 3.74
Length (Unit): mi

Deadline

20:00 GMT July 24, 2016

Slip - are you still here ?

Yes, on a daily basis. You may have noticed how busy the front page has been for the last few months. That requires my attention, as well as the rest of the writing team's.

Unfortunately, TOTW just wasn't getting enough attention from the community overall to warrant the time invested. The videos — which required another member of the team to record — weren't getting many views, but the more pressing issue was the lack of attention the Track Database was receiving. The last winning track to have an article was downloaded less than 60 times since it won.

That said, I can certainly put a poll up later on this week to wrap up this thread's submissions. The folks that have submitted, especially those that did on a regular basis, deserve that much.

Why can't you name another user to carry on this job?

I don't remember saying I couldn't?

If someone wants to step forward and take the reins, I've no qualms at all with that. Chances are they would know more than I would about the inner-workings of things like the modded TPE, too!

There would have to be some small changes, though: it would no longer be the "official" TOTW, so whoever takes it on will not be able to use the existing banner. That's about it though.

If there is a way to support the TOTW thread by using our ( us members ) subscribers support - it'll help for a better attention, but the question is how to exactly do it
< : )

Last edited:
Back