Sebring International Raceway Version 0.4
- Eifel Flat
- Number Of Turns:
- Length (Unit):
New Release Notes:
- Fixed turn 16 issue, feels much better now.
- Added curbing to turn 1 and turn 17 to simulate the extra width in those sections and eliminate as much grass as possible since there is none in those areas.
- Added additional curbing and moved some to proper sections of track.
- Scenery adjustments, removed tents from backside of Ullman straight, added trees and other elements where possible.
Previous Release Notes:
- Used a new high res map to make this version.
- Hairpin Complex is much improved.
- Sunset corner is tricky again, too tricky for the AI.
- Both Crossover Bridges on Big Bend are intact.
- 3, 4,5 complex has a much better feel.
- Turn 16 may be too tight on exit, will look into it.
- Turn 1 is better, possibly as good as it can be with the narrow track width required for the rest.
- Curbing is about 90% complete, some adjustments needed after recon laps.
Thanks to @dangerzone641 for the above video! Compare to the real thing below. Both videos using LMP2's.
MX-5 going for a lap!
Sebring International Raceway Full Circuit 0.4
Detailed Replica of Sebring International Raceway's Full Circuit as used in the 12 Hours of Sebring.
A famous track hosting lots of USA Le Mans and LMGTE events. These are well represented in GT6 which makes this an ideal circuit to add to the game.
Scenery is added sparingly in places and is extremely dense in others. The tents are quite heavily spammed along some straights! While this may be authentic it feels a bit odd. The corners without scenery are hard to remember - something to make each corner distinct really helps to learn a track quickly. Especially with the close barriers and flat terrain limiting the sight lines.
Could there be some more trees and banks, perhaps? These high props create visual markers which can be seen some corners in advance. Proves reference points for overall track progression as well as the particular section they are placed near.
There is a scenery item to add red and white outside walls with a thin gravel section. These are great for marking heaving braking zones and create helpful landmarks along the circuit.
Sebring is famous for being a difficult track and this certainly captures that! With some decoration, it would be faster to memorise and therefore make it suitable for GT6 club events.
I live in Sarasota, so Sebring is my 'local track' also. I have driven it last ten years ago over the course of a few weekends with Chin Motorsports, and man! did that track eat brakes (not bad on my tires, though).
So, NingDynasty, I haven't worked with the course editor at all. Will the editor allow you to add an overpass to Turn 17, some more grandstands to 'fill-out' the area between Turn 17 and Turn 1 (adjacent to where you have correctly placed the paddock), and add some building to the area off from the hairpin to look like the Chateau Elan Hotel?
Another great track from the GTP community. Racing on this circuit is excellent, even against the AI and although all the usual track path editor limitations manifest themselves the author has done the circuit proud with this replica. Thanks NingDynasty for al your work on this :-)