GTPlanet Vinyling ClubMusic 

• Thread starter Cap'n Jack
  • 941 comments
My latest 2 additions...

First is the Super Deluxe version of Black Sabbath's Sabotage. Similar to their Paranoid release I made an exception to my "not buying Super Deluxe releases" rule as it was only $100 and had more than enough to justify the price. Plus it was the one classic Ozzy era album I didn't have in my collection, now I just need 13 and my Ozzy studio collection will be complete.

DSC_0203.JPG

DSC_0202.JPG

Next is the first vinyl release from the New Moon Jelly Roll Freedom Rockers, it's basically 2 discs of great old-school blues by some very talented blues musicians.

DSC_0204.JPG

Hello vinylheads! Just pre-ordered this wonderfully produced x4 12" 'Message From The Parazone' album from Parallax Recordings. These guys have been hooking up with quality producers of Jungle, Drum and Bass and Hardcore in the last few years to pump out some fantastic tracks that have a contemporary sound, whilst maintaining the qualities from the golden age of Jungle music (mid-90s).

These kinds of releases are what excites me about vinyl and drives my passion. It's so obvious the effort and professionalism that went into the entire release, from the production of the music to the incredible art direction and materials used in the packaging. When it arrives, this will sit proudly on the shelf alongside my other Parallax releases. Top quality stuff!

Tracks can be heard here:

PARA010_MockUp_Sleeves.jpg

@Rue nice set. I have to admit I don’t have much in the way of Jungle, Drum N Bass etc in my collection. I’m not sure why either as I love it.

I have recently been digging the releases from N4 Records and Pete Cannon, however you have to be so quick to jump on the wax as it sells super quick and is mega limited.

@Rue nice set. I have to admit I don’t have much in the way of Jungle, Drum N Bass etc in my collection. I’m not sure why either as I love it.

I have recently been digging the releases from N4 Records and Pete Cannon, however you have to be so quick to jump on the wax as it sells super quick and is mega limited.

That's great! Pete is absolutely brilliant! I a few of the N4 releases fortunately and been following his career closely since he started doing the Jungle releases. Top quality stuff made in the traditional way.

My Cannonology currently:

N4001
N4002
N4003
N4006
N4007

I don't know if you have heard Phineus II. He similarly produces absolutely brilliant contemporary Jungle on Green Bay Wax. Those records are as you talked about above, seriously collectible. I was fortunate enough to not sleep on the Meridien Response x3 12" album (GBWLP01). It's mega!

Great to chat vinyl and Jungle with you mate!

(Sorry for the double post, it was an accident)

R-13817601-1566373322-2710.jpeg.jpg

(Image from Discogs. I guess this must be the JDM release)

I just bought this from Oxfam online for 40 notes, which isn't cheap, but a sought after gem. An absolute peach of a 12", peak intelligent Drum n Bass / Jungle or whatever you want to call it. It's a masterful production, which is par for the course for Good Looking Records releases. All killer, no filler. You simply can't go wrong with GLR.

R-9403-1329354679.jpeg.jpg

R-9403-1158964513.jpeg.jpg

R-9403-1158964505.jpeg.jpg

Pop on some headphones and drink both sides in:

Last edited:
@Rue I’ll have to keep my eyes peeled. My local isn’t a huge Jungle / Drum and Bass stockist. However we do have another shop but it’s way out of the center of town and I think they may stock more.

last Jungle I bought was the Balkan Vinyl Allstars compilation which only has 1 jungle track 😂 the rest being acid house and techno.

In my early teens I was all over Drum and Bass and by extension Jungle, Acid House and then into Techno. I dabbled with Hardcore and Happy Hardcore but I soon lost interest.

I’ll look into your recommendations. I have a feeling this is going to be expensive 😆

@Rue I’ll have to keep my eyes peeled. My local isn’t a huge Jungle / Drum and Bass stockist. However we do have another shop but it’s way out of the center of town and I think they may stock more.

last Jungle I bought was the Balkan Vinyl Allstars compilation which only has 1 jungle track 😂 the rest being acid house and techno.

In my early teens I was all over Drum and Bass and by extension Jungle, Acid House and then into Techno. I dabbled with Hardcore and Happy Hardcore but I soon lost interest.

I’ll look into your recommendations. I have a feeling this is going to be expensive 😆

Great!! Yeah, keep your eyes peeled. I love a bit of Acid House and Techno too. Especially really early 90's stuff. I have quite a few records of some of my favourite stuff, but have to try and stop myself from going too deep down that rabbit hole.

Recent purchase of the genre:

R-1693800-1354217632-7092.jpeg.jpg

(Discogs image)

It’s been a while since I posted a new bit of wax. This came in yesterday. I was asked by the artist / label owner to give it a spin and post my thoughts. Bit of free advertisement for them and a new record for me.

I don’t normally do these types of things but I knew of the artists and I knew I’d like the music. So win win.

Sleep Dealer by Buffalo Tide. Electronic Score type sounds mixed with ambient techno. If that’s your bag then it’s worth an earful.

274A9627-FD90-4204-B64D-26064F044E0B.jpeg
416B5F46-3CC9-458F-B342-8075E4B995C8.jpeg
E11E3F57-BD3A-4DE0-980A-A5393F175924.jpeg
E446FC04-5A77-4B0C-99AA-AA5347C37D43.jpeg

@Sprite - Wow! Lovely bit of art direction on the packaging there, which I believe really underlines the beauty and tactility of owning music on vinyl - and very interesting music it is too. Worth and earful indeed! I listened through the tracks on Bandcamp. Me being me, I especially enjoyed the driving Techno vibe of Wind Milker.

I have picked up some bits 'n' bobs over the last couple of weeks as usual. And also as usual it's mainly (well, all) either 90's 'Hardcore/Jungle' or contemporary Jungle with a spot of Drum n Bass thrown in for good measure.

Just received a few nice sleeve signed black labels from the guys at Vinyl Fanatiks, who have been doing a stellar job in releasing and remastering records and DATs from the 90s, as well as giving a platform for some artists from the glory days to put out new productions on vinyl.

These x4 black label releases span some proper early vibey Hardcore to the early sound of Intelligent Drum and Bass, through some full on Jungle darkness and were limited to 50 copies per piece and come on lovely purple vinyl (photos are from their site). I'll post some more purchases in the coming days.

Ova Doce – Rediscovered #02 EP Signed Black Label – VFS031 [AUDIO SAMPLE]

DJ Exodus & Woody – A Classic Skank EP Signed Black Label – VFS030 [AUDIO SAMPLE]

Justice – Perfect Chaos/Beyond Silence Signed Black Label – VFS029 [AUDIO SAMPLE]

Fugitive – Mind Games/Substance Signed Black Label – VFS028 [AUDIO SAMPLE]

IMG_20210226_153833-1024x1024.jpg

IMG_20210226_153818-1024x1024.jpg

IMG_20210226_153845_1-1024x1024.jpg

IMG_20210226_153805-1024x1024.jpg

Last edited:
Nice haul @Rue, just hit my local for the RSD Drop 2. Managed to bag all my list so that’s good.

Edit

Here is my bagged wax.

Ennio Morricone Score. Super Jazzy and really nice.

4D8FE467-ACCA-4D97-A8E4-39EAF614690B.jpeg

D0339E3E-07EC-439C-BB9B-5B28EC805C69.jpeg

CD7BEC31-561F-4DD0-A53D-76DF82D4C342.jpeg

Fine Young Cannibals - She Drives Me Crazy 12” remixes. I had to buy this as SDMC was the first ever record I ever bought.

1357C50B-1297-4E66-8CC9-94569D417420.jpeg

80301758-8A9E-48C6-86AD-975848EE4C15.jpeg

Aliens - James Horner

I picked this up despite owning the Mondo release. This release is much better sounding than the very noisy Mondo one. Plus OG sleeve looks great.

93323756-7C95-4445-9C74-00112168BD53.jpeg

83C1A6DF-73BC-4BE6-9A0E-5A4879C7F0B9.jpeg

8582CB47-71F3-40AC-B557-E465ECB59F99.jpeg

Beverly Glenn-Copeland - At Last

Great album and very happy to own it in wax.

AA20FCBA-C3BE-4654-B46E-D90CD9281D99.jpeg

B83405F3-ED87-4A85-BC09-B219454C718C.jpeg

E1CBDE03-C69D-4532-92A0-F7447F7A8CED.jpeg

Ron Carter - Golden Striker

A fantastic audiophile release signed and numbered too.

FE2BF08C-D38C-48D0-9ECF-948B6C3460B4.jpeg

B70F56BF-0615-4307-9F9D-BBD2F609E633.jpeg

045969D7-1D6B-431F-BEF3-FA3989311E49.jpeg

Last edited:
Oh man... The Aliens score is one of the most unsettling pieces of music ever. I have it permanently on my desktop to play when I wan't to feel a bit unnerved. That vinyl is pretty too, what with the acid green vinyl and all. So, on that score, nice score on the scorching score!

I won't post a photo until it arrives, but I recently ordered a very limited lathe-cut dubplate (12" rather than the traditional 10") from Sicknote. I am a trying to work out why it was so cheap (like a couple of quid), so a little reticent to celebrate until postie delivers it safe and sound. Here's a taster:

And on the subject of cutting dubplates, I watched this last night and found it totally enthralling. Just really sells vinyl as a concept that we can love. All about the processes and craft:

WhatsApp Image 2021-07-29 at 09.54.10 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-07-29 at 09.54.10.jpeg

(As a photog by profession I am almost embarrassed to share the blurred above, but hey not the end of the world)

Another day another vinyl purchase and this one is a goodun (in my opinion at least). I found a back street record shop in deepest, darkest Kowloon, Hong Kong which is basically just a basement room piled high with random records which I guess were picked out of bins in the early 2000s. Anyway, there's not a lot that caters to my tastes, however I managed to unearth these two beauties. Both essentially NM condition, with a couple of light scuffs on the A side of the Marcus Intalex (RIP) 12". Said record is massively well regarded in terms of the prototype Drum 'n' Bass sound and just looking iconic on Doc Scott's 31 Recordings label. The other record is on the huge Shut Up And Dance label, which was instrumental (tadumtish) in pioneering the early sound of Hardcore and Jungle. However, this SUAD relesase came in 2002 and is leaning towards the Electro/Breaks side of things. Anyway, I got each of them for about 5 USD and they're going on Discogs for a heck of a lot more. But that's not why we buy vinyl is it? We do it for the music. So, let's have a listen...

A quick pic of the records. Only the 12s and 10s here. The 7s are on another shelf to the left of this image along with the 3 racks for CD/DVD-A/BD-A.

I’ve got about 6 boxes left to fill (taking into account all the spare room on these 20 boxes. Then I’ll need a new Kallax.

22463F96-FF0B-4BF4-8B71-EA8A9331DB1F.jpeg

A quick pic of the records. Only the 12s and 10s here. The 7s are on another shelf to the left of this image along with the 3 racks for CD/DVD-A/BD-A.

I’ve got about 6 boxes left to fill (taking into account all the spare room on these 20 boxes. Then I’ll need a new Kallax.

View attachment 1072791
That's epic! In a few months I will hopefully be moving house and getting my vinyl and turntable setup properly in a room of its own.

A few new buys from me recently, with one of the most interesting for me being this reissue of some classic Hardcore (rave) tunes. The releases on this label are incredibly collectible and I was lucky to jump in early and get it straight from the source:

R-19696891-1627778585-8852.jpeg.jpg

R-19696891-1627779480-2544.jpeg.jpg

One of the classic tunes on the release:

Last edited:
Ok so it’s been a little while but I have had new wax hit the deck, I’ve just not posted here.

so the new records so far…

Dead Of Night - Ian Alex Mac - A Synthwave album with a focus on the Drumming of Ian. Excellent album for Synthwave fans. On Burning Witches Records

Postum - Lord Summerisle - A demonic Prog, Psych Rock album. Super excellent stuff. On Library Of The Occult

The Goatman - The Unseen - A soundtrack / score to a film which nobody knows if is real or an urban myth. All evidence points to a hoax to promote the music but it’s been so obscured over chat rooms like Reddit etc. Nobody is sure. 60s/70s synth sounds. On Library Of The Occult

Small Wonders Series 1 7” - Two Arthur Russell tracks covered by Peter Zummo & Peter Broderick. If you’re an Arthur Russell fan then this new series will tickle your fancy. On Tin Angel Records & Unheard Hope.

In a Bloopy Mood - John Haycock - 7” single with 4 track digital EP. Some of the best music in a long time. Mango Honey is one of the most beautiful songs I’ve heard this year and… well ever. A self release.

Sorry I don’t have pics of the above. However I do have some pics of a new arrival which dropped last year so I’m late in picking it up. 12” double A side single. Black Devil Disco Club remixes by Pye Corner Audio (my reason for buying) and Abul Morgard. Epic Techno by Pye and Ambient Mastery by Abul.

380625AB-7273-4D6D-93FF-7E5DF874DE87.jpeg

091EAE1B-3B6D-41DC-A808-D28930A91F55.jpeg

Had put my purchasing on hold for a couple months in order to deal with a couple vacations and birthdays but I’m getting back into it.

716E45D2-325A-49D3-9D65-807C372B9C8E.jpeg

L’Impératrice - Tako Tsubo
A French group. Very much enjoying this album. It’s some nice funky Nu-Disco - having grown up playing bass, it’s right up my alley.

I have another vinyl on the way that should be releasing in two weeks as well.

Last edited:
New wax…

First is Space Afrika - Honest Labour on Purple Smoke (pic doesn’t really show the smoke off to be honest)

This new full album from the Manchester duo (one now in LA) is my album of the year. I did have two contenders with Murcof & Andy Stott, but this came and it’s just sublime.

223B2FCC-D387-46C2-BF40-0CF771BAFAAC.jpeg

2C2B00C2-B63E-41E7-AF8F-6A2F98939074.jpeg

A45AFAAC-2A8E-4CF0-98FF-B45B0A3BC00D.jpeg

I also picked up Sade - Promise. I’ve been meaning to get the Sade back catalogue but I haven’t seen any in great shape. I couldn’t pass this up. Sleeve and record in VG+.

40FF27D5-B696-4328-8DC5-12ACDA7FB3EC.jpeg

My collecting has pretty much slowed to a halt as I've been spending my money elsewhere, but I still have had a few new albums.

First is Capitol Cuts from Black Pumas, it's a "live in studio" recording of some songs from their debut album.

DSC_0205.JPG

Next is the White Blood Cells companion album released as a part of the Third Man Vault series. The white record is a live recording while the red one is outtakes and demos.

DSC_0207.JPG

DSC_0209.JPG

Third is a live album from the Tedeschi Trucks Band where they covered the entire Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs album by Derek & The Dominos.

DSC_0210.JPG

And last is the latest Red Fang album, Arrows. I actually received the album itself awhile back but due to production delays the other part of the deluxe package only arrived last week.

DSC_0211.JPG

DSC_0212.JPG

This is also the first time I've purchased a numbered item and received a notable one.

Hopefully next month I can get back into making semi-regular additions as well as continuing my Elton collection.

Attachments

• DSC_0208.JPG
    DSC_0208.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
@Rue not sure if you’ve seen but the Junglist book is back in print.

written by Two Fingers & James T. Kirk

View attachment 1079786
Hey mate! Thanks for keeping me in mind. That's really interesting! I hadn't actually heard of it before. Might get that for the plane when I hopefully return to the UK at the end of the year.

Got myself a few bits and bobs recently. A few contemporary Jungle releases, a couple of old early 90s records and some reissues. It seems the vinyl production plants are struggling at the moment for whatever reason, so there quite a few delays on records ordered a while ago.

Rue
Hey mate! Thanks for keeping me in mind. That's really interesting! I hadn't actually heard of it before. Might get that for the plane when I hopefully return to the UK at the end of the year.

Got myself a few bits and bobs recently. A few contemporary Jungle releases, a couple of old early 90s records and some reissues. It seems the vinyl production plants are struggling at the moment for whatever reason, so there quite a few delays on records ordered a while ago.
Not a problem.

pressing plants are currently 9 to 12 months behind depending on which company is being used. Smaller labels are feeling the brunt of it. I’ve got some records on order with On The Corner Records and we’re getting on for 10 months.

plus we’ve got record store day, love records days and quite a few monthly subscription services which are hogging all the pressing at any given time. Then big labels, COVID and Brexit have taken their toll too. Some smaller labels are looking at CDs now.

Be With Records posted an interesting post up the other day about preparing artwork for the records months in advance, due to the delays.

7F9CEB8E-D635-4440-957C-9EF0A9C51A39.jpeg

Last edited:
Another two added to the racks.

The Psychic Circle - Seven Colours of the Psychic Circle

Fuzzy, Psych Rock with a 70s horror film edge. Great stuff.

BA0EE21B-9011-4884-B785-1D45FF1341DB.jpeg

29564D3A-CF4E-4644-AE0C-94996472E7CA.jpeg

And a record I’ve been after for a while now. Tetsuo (The Iron Man) soundtrack. Industrial and synth craziness. Shown here with the Blu-ray of the film and it’s companion move Bodyhammer.

38BB844B-51A1-45B9-BB28-407D58B6A9C2.jpeg

8CAF911C-28C6-4B38-8934-A02F94232B5D.jpeg

@Sprite Did you see there's a new Pete Cannon N4 release out? A second round of his Amiga Format magazine tunes. Absolute fire once again. I managed to slip in at the last minute, but I believe they have now all been sold out. I wondered if you had been one of the 500 people lucky enough to get in.I really enjoyed that Psychic Circle album by the way!

I have been a bit of a naughty boy recently, picking bits 'n' bobs, with some great new/old releases and some classic used bits of wax along the way. You've guessed it... all Jungle/Harcore as is my want. Well, mostly.

I picked up this for 90p in Mint condition in a flea market box. Bit of old skool Japanese punk... I searched all other boxes for more, but to no avail. Sometimes stuff like this pops up in Hong Kong street markets where people bought them in period, listened to them never and chucked them out. It's high up on the scale of throwaway societies...

www.discogs.com

Crack The Marian – Growing Up (1987, Vinyl)

View credits, reviews, tracks and shop for the 1987 Vinyl release of "Growing Up" on Discogs.
www.discogs.com
www.discogs.com

Modern Jungle

www.discogs.com

FFF & Dub-Liner – SPIN 001 (2019, Vinyl)

View credits, reviews, tracks and shop for the 2019 Vinyl release of "SPIN 001" on Discogs.
www.discogs.com
www.discogs.com

Peak old skool Jungle

www.discogs.com

DJ Dopeski – The Clash / Dope (1995, Vinyl)

View credits, reviews, tracks and shop for the 1995 Vinyl release of "The Clash / Dope" on Discogs.
www.discogs.com
www.discogs.com

Reissued classic Jungle

www.discogs.com

LS Archives Vol 1 (2021, Vinyl)

View credits, reviews, tracks and shop for the 2021 Vinyl release of "LS Archives Vol 1" on Discogs.
www.discogs.com
www.discogs.com

Classic old skool Jungle DJ promo on transparent vinyl (white label says simply 'Ron', so wonder if it was a promo for DJ Ron in period. I am connected with the artist now through me doing label design, so I will ask him down the line)

www.discogs.com

DJ D Lux – Dub Fe Dub (1994, clear, Vinyl)

View credits, reviews, tracks and shop for the 1994 Vinyl release of "Dub Fe Dub" on Discogs.
www.discogs.com
www.discogs.com

Reissued dark Jungle Tekno

www.discogs.com

Mole The Dipper & The 3d Crew – Mixed Biscuit Vol 2 (2020, Vinyl)

View credits, reviews, tracks and shop for the 2020 Vinyl release of "Mixed Biscuit Vol 2" on Discogs.
www.discogs.com
www.discogs.com

Classic peak old skool Jungle

www.discogs.com

The Gambino Family – Hold On / Roll The Drums (2021, Vinyl)

View credits, reviews, tracks and shop for the 2021 Vinyl release of "Hold On / Roll The Drums" on Discogs.
www.discogs.com
www.discogs.com

Reissued rough seminal Hardcore/Jungle sounds

Reissue of one of the most famous Jungle tracks ever created

Reissued tearing Jungle

Reissued classic Hardcore

Reissued classic Jungle Tekno

Reissued classic Hardcore

Used classic Hardcore - always wanted this

Used peak Jungle

Now, this eclectic compilation has one track tucked away on it that is one of my favourites but costs an arm and a leg in its original form, which is Dance Of The Sarooes (Nookie Remix)

Used classic Jungle on 10" green vinyl - one of the greatest Jungle tunes out there being The Rumble (Boom Shaka Mix)

Managed to get this class Metalheadz album in its original tin box. Some of the best producers at the time get fresh and experimental.

Classic Hardcore/Jungle box set

Used peak Jungle - Theme is a ripping piece of music

Another jaw dropping piece of Jungle / Drum and Bass for the wonderful T.Power

Contemporary dark Jungle Tekno

Then a couple of Hip Hop albums Mint in their shrink wrap which were a really good price in a back street record shop. Bought them to sell on later, but ended up listening to them online and they took me back to the rough East coast HH sound of the 90s that I love, so I will be keeping these!

Classic Hardcore/Jungle and some 'lost' DAT stuff from legendary label Suburban Base Records

I think that's just about it...

Last edited:
Wow that’s a nice haul @Rue I did manage to get the new Pete Cannon. So chuffed to have nabbed one.

Also Aphex Twin did an inventory check sale from his pop up stores and I managed to bag the London & Manchester white label 12”s for £15 each and they normal go for crazy money on the SH market.

Wow that’s a nice haul @Rue I did manage to get the new Pete Cannon. So chuffed to have nabbed one.

Also Aphex Twin did an inventory check sale from his pop up stores and I managed to bag the London & Manchester white label 12”s for £15 each and they normal go for crazy money on the SH market.
Blimey! You did well there, mate.

Boom! Kemet Records just did a reissue of one of my all time favourite Jungle tunes. Never clicked 'BUY' so quickly...

Last edited:
@Rue the Pete Cannon EP dropped this week. What a banger.

4 tracks and each is excellent. Also had shipping confirmation for the Aphex EPs too, so they should be here either tomorrow or Thursday.

EC1A802F-3D29-4303-8717-37D8A5AE63C7.jpeg

C1CA072B-2463-431B-B421-A3F39E8906CF.jpeg

And just like that the two Aphex Twin EPs have arrived. Pressing and mastering are fantastic. £15 each and can go well over £120 each on the SH market. I was so lucky to drop on these brand new from the label.

6EA97941-6D98-4052-BDD3-29DB7529198A.jpeg
85612764-7AF4-4207-B319-C995CE5B8787.jpeg

Nice work! My Pete Cannon also arrived a couple of days ago. Tearing tunes!

Edit: Love the reference to Amiga racing games on the artwork too :)

Last edited:
Back