• 387 comments

Daniel

User user
Premium
New Zealand
Auckland
Lazer0pz
The Guardian
Mariah Carey delivered her message while singing in a pitch nearly outside the range of human hearing. Time for what? you may wonder as you watch the clip of a latex-clad Carey pumping away on a Peloton. Time for rent reform? A gas bill strike? The end of fossil fuel production? No, it’s time for Christmas, Carey reminds us, as her Halloween costume transforms into a sexy Santa suit.
It's TIIIIIIIIIIIIME.

1667423301649.png

General Rules and Guidelines:
  • Survive the remainder of 2022 (i.e. 23:59.59 in your time zone) without listening to All I Want For Christmas Is You by Mariah Carey
  • Only the original song performed by Mariah Carey counts. Remixes, covers and the duet version with Justin Bieber don't count.
  • Hearing any part of the song counts as getting Carey'd. If you're unsure whether it's a remix or the duet version, keep listening to find out, or use apps such as Shazam or Google Assistant. If you're still not sure, it may be in good faith to consider yourself out.
  • GIFs, still images or muted video do not count.
  • When you hear the music, consider yourself Carey'd, out of the competition..
  • Do not post any links to the song in this thread without sufficient warning. This place is a safe haven.
  • While the rest of the site is free rein, keep in mind the site's rules regarding misleading (next bullet point)
  • You will not knowingly post any material that is false, misleading, or inaccurate.
  • If you play the link in the OP with any intention outside of refreshing your memory (i.e.playing it over Skype or PSN), you will be Carey'd if you hear it.
Some tips to avoid the song:
  • Do not trust anyone.
  • Avoid shopping at department stores, clothing stores, supermarkets - anything that may have a radio playing.
  • If you must step outside, consider bringing noise-isolating earphones and play loud music on them to avoid any other songs.
  • Do not trust anyone.
  • Have your computer defaulted to 'mute' and make sure that your volume is off while opening any links.
  • Do not talk to any other GTPers using Discord, Facebook, gaming voice chat, social media, or open any musical Christmas cards physically sent to them. We are all evil and cannot be trusted.
If you haven't yet heard the song, just click on the video below to watch it before avoiding it until next year.

Participant Log:
Daniel
Jimlaad43
Jordan
Joey D
McLaren
RACECAR
Casey
TB
NotThePrez
W3H5
linksracer
Nexus
Shaun
edawg456
silverman_gt
Dylan
Spacegoat
PuffelPizza
coyb20
Flex0r
AudiMan2011
Dreadmed
Northstar
Michelin
EngineDiesel
epic_apri_39
girabyt3
Tired Tyres
Hayden
Terronium-12
RandomCarGuy17
p78
kjb
RESHIRAM5
Jump_Ace
Leadfoot530
Obelisk
Obelisk's Dad
UKMikey
GTboyz
David
Shiarlis
ThrasherDBS
con360
MroczMR
A_Higher_Place
gthelmi2398
GTguy88
carsonwell
Jump_Ace
nickf1gr
Lotrzyna
wfooshee
Benny44
DeathTrooper
dhandeh
stpatty
Edax 76
DK
SnakeOfBacon
Fezzik
stpatty
Edax 76
Racin-Rev

Last edited:
Stores on November 1st and 2nd:

AQk.gif

Me staying inside and ordering things via apps:

lets-do-this-alright.gif

So yeah, I'm in.

Well, I almost made it last year by the grace of a broken music system. I know I won't be so lucky this time around, but I do have the last week of November off, so if I can get through Black Friday (when the playlist change happens) without coming into contact with the Poison Song, I'll at least have made it into December... Ahhh, what the heck!

DTegzX.gif

Back