GTPlanet vs. Wham! Episode IV: No More Hope

• Thread starter Daniel
  • 1,044 comments
Ah, for the love of Vishnu! :ouch:

I'm strolling through some tiny town in the middle of Chinese nowhere and searching for some food when I hear a familiar jingle.

"No, please no" I think to myself, already knowing my doom is imminent.

From the doorway of a tiny mobile phone retailer sit an amplifier spewing Last Christmas into to street.

For a second I prayed for a cover version but my prayer was in vain. There was george.

And within that moment another GTPer had fallen, so unexpectedly and so close to the end.

I think it's the longest I've gone in several years but I just can't seem to beat Wham!.

Still, the locals got a good chuckle from seeing a random foreigner yell "Arrgghh! Bollocks!" For no obvious reason.

I have been skating on thin ice, but still haven't been Whammed. Recent bullet dodging includes, going to the gym and they have Christmas songs on, telling the wife that if she Whams me, the Christmas tree will be going back in the loft and the closest was today. I had to get a couple of parcels from the post office, I normally drive and nip in, while the wife sits in the car in case of traffic wardens on the prowl, this time she got the parcels, only to tell me that Wham was playing. Luck is with me so far!

Christmas songs are being played in school. I have had to make it clear that I cannot get Whammed.

I got Whammed! twice today.

At 8:16am, I was on the bus, sorting out my earphones when...

"Ooooooo-whoaooooooohooooooooooooh~..."

And I mutter, "GodWhammit!" under my breath.

The second Whamming! was at ~11:50am. I was looking for somewhere that sold Santa hats, and upon entering a discount store, the final seconds of "Last Christmas" played out. Another "GodWhammit!" escaped my lips.

2 IN ONE. Someone just put the NOW Christmas album on and tried to force some headphones into my ears, but I realised and kept them out. Then the teacher put it on, I quickly realised before it started though and blocked out all sound. But i'm still going strong!

Forgive me @Daniel , for I have been whamed. Hard.

The attack fist occurred on Sunday the 8th. I was planning to report the attack on the following day, but alas, work kept me busy. This delay report of mine seriously infuriated George Michael, and I got whammed two days later.

As the weekend approached, I thought I had enough punishment and was going to report my wham on Saturday the 14th. Coincidentally, that is my wife's birthday date, so I decided to spend the day with her and report the wham later that day. Such thing did not happen as I was away from a quick visit to GTPlanet. This further delay got Mr. Michael even more furious! Leading to a TRIPLE attack on Sunday. Which brings the total of whams on the same week to 5.

I now finish my report in hope that these attacks end soon and I can resume my normal life...

Last edited:
I've been Whammed senseless recently. Even deliberately Whammed myself for the hell of it on Sunday when cooking the Sunday roast and looking for a decent Xmas playlist on Spotify!

Word of warning: There aren't any good Xmas playlists on Spotify. :indiff:

I'm still in the clear, but time is quickly coming to a head - soon I'll be out shopping for Christmas dinner and the likes, and then I'm going to be in real trouble. :scared:

@Daniel or I need to go through and do some updating.

For the time being, I'm still in. Although I am listening to Pandora on shuffle so who knows for how long.

How many is still in, apart from those mentioned on this page, along with myself? :embarrassed:
Still alive. Biggest danger is coming Thursday when I go shopping with my mom for Christmas gifts at assorted places in the area - I have already done my online shopping; special people need special gifts, even when it's only 2 people that are deserving of special gifts (besides family.)

I'm still clear, having only heard some other version of it, possibly the Taylor Swift one.

Still more shopping to do, though.

I hit the big city tonight, to do some Christmas shopping. Never got Whammed, but the country/western station on my presets just about gave me a heart attack on the way home. It was a cover, but wow was that ever close, and straight outta left field.

Back