GTPlanet vs. Wham! - Round 3 (Endorsed by George Michael!*)

• Thread starter Daniel
  • 882 comments
Well, I am the first official casualty. In an Arby's of all places. Let me explain:

I was stopping late night at an Arby's after a basketball game. At the counter, I overheard on the radio (which they were playing in the speakers) this:

"Halloween is over and it's time for Christmas spirit! Here is "Last Christmas" on 100.7!"

Rage ensues.

"Um, yes, can I have that WHAM! And Cheese served hot? Thank you".

The first to sign up, and the first to be Whammed! How's it feel? :P

I'll cut off all sign-ups at December 1st. Make sure you've posted here before that and you can stay in.

Didn't we have the extra fear last year that George might kick the bucket which would lead to an unprecedented playing of Wham! tunes?

I think I've got a good plan for this year. The only radio station I tune into is a classic rock station which would never even consider playing the tripe, I'll avoid real world shopping where possible though the chance of it coming on in China is less than else where but it does happen, I'll not be tricked by any links on here because I don't have access to YT and finally I've stolen the jack from my office sound system so they don't have a chance of Whamming me.

I feel pretty safe.

Unlucky man, I think I only got half way through December last year. It's not a nice feeling.

That is horrible! the first causality....

Ive kindly asked my wife to listen to that song (she loves it) when i am not home. lets hope.....

Any sign of the song on commercials? That would be an easy way to be eliminated.

Didn't make it though the first year, but I believe I did last year. I don't think I posted my victory in the thread, but I'll try to remember this year.

Just had a look at our Christmas compilation CD, and the Wham! version is not on it. YEEEEESSSSS. Lets see if the boombox baddie doesn't strike again (see GTP vs Wham 2011).

There was a way Death could have survived his ordeal.
Step 1: Cover ears before song starts.
Step 2: Run out of establishment yelling "I'M NOT LISTENING I'M NOT LISTENING LALALALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU LALALALALA"

^You would look like a bit of a weirdo. But that's just a sacrifice to make to strive for victory I guess. :lol:

I'd like to get this as big as possible, so could you guys maybe tweet about it using #InternetVSWham, upvote the Reddit page or mention it on Facebook? It would be awesome to have a huge amount of people participating (or at least trying to :P).

Thread enemy no.1:
(Easy, no music file, just a picture... :lol:)

wham.JPG

I'd like to get this as big as possible, so could you guys maybe tweet about it using #InternetVSWham, upvote the Reddit page or mention it on Facebook? It would be awesome to have a huge amount of people participating (or at least trying to :P).

[INSANERANTING]I see what you're doing... Trying to make us tell people on facebook meaning they WHAM US!!! Just so you can have your pretty little Wham Survivor Trophy, ALL to yourself. Ha!! Well I'm NOT FALLING FOR IT!!! You'll never take me alive! Hoohoo![/INSANERANTING]

:D

Actually, that's exactly what I was trying to do. Which means you'll have to try even harder to survive :mischievous:

How do I manage to anticipate the reasoning as to why people do things!? I feel like a genius now, but only until I get my NCEA results back. :P

This looks fun so I'm going to do it. I think I have no chance at winning. My school in the Christmas time is another world. They played this song last year during announcements so I expect it again this year. I carry my MP3 and headphones with me all the time anyway.

Oh it's this time of the year again. Am in.

By the way, I actually like the song quite a bit. *troll dad flies away*

Back