GTPlanet vs. Wham! - Round 3 (Endorsed by George Michael!*)

• Thread starter Daniel
  • 882 comments
I think we should let Death live.
After all - it isn't even Rememberance Day, yet - so maybe we should have a Start Date, when all members entering are polled and put up, then struck off as they fall. The Start Date would be also the cut-off date for Entrants, so that no one can sneak in here a week before Christmas and win by getting in on the last laps.

Vote for Death! Now! Pore guy was the first to enter :(

I think there should be a list for the ridiculously early losses and another for the proper 'competition' after the cut-off date for entrants.

I think we should let Death live.
After all - it isn't even Rememberance Day, yet - so maybe we should have a Start Date, when all members entering are polled and put up, then struck off as they fall. The Start Date would be also the cut-off date for Entrants, so that no one can sneak in here a week before Christmas and win by getting in on the last laps.

Vote for Death! Now! Pore guy was the first to enter :(

Nah, why do that ? Fine as it is.

I'm in, IIRC I made it rather deep last year, hopefully I can make it all the way this time.

Edit: Dec. 14 was the date last year, going to try beating that.

I'm not even gonna try. I like listening to the local stations that switch over to Christmas music from Thanksgiving to Christmas too much. It's unfortunate but I pretty much get a Whamming on the daily.

I'm out, despite that the Irish radios won't play Christmas songs for another 3 weeks, there was about 3 seconds worth of it on an ad earlier, still a Wham! unfortunately... :(

Anyone who sees the Now! That's what I call Chistmas CD ad, get out of there within 5 seconds, or you're a goner.

Does an instrumental karaoke version count? I didn't hear it, I just want to know.

Anyone who sees the Now! That's what I call Chistmas CD ad, get out of there within 5 seconds, or you're a goner.

Are you 🤬 kidding me?

Bad luck, Akmuq. It's just a reminder to everyone that as soon as a Christmas compilation CD is advertised, either run out of the room, mute the TV, put on top grade ear muffs, or scream so loudly that you can no longer hear the TV. Even if you're in a shop, run, or scream.

Shops start to visualize the upcoming X-Mas season. But still not whammed.
Maybe the reason is the outfit some nice people gave me for free and that I`m locked away 24/7...
Zwangsjacke.jpg

Just kidding about the outfit.

Whammed - 13:09 PM 12 nov. Played during work, my co worker actually turned the radio up! :-(

EDIT:
Just for the fun of it, I'm gonna keep score for the rest of 2012, just to see how many times the average human gets whammed (hehe) during the christmas season.

I'm in, but I don't know if I'll be very successful like I was last year. I bet in the next two weeks they'll start playing it at work, and I won't be able to escape it. :lol:

People getting whammed already, and I haven't heard any christmas songs at all yet.

I got whammed on January 1st this year, when 2012 was 15 minutes old. For me it doesn't matter when it happens. 2012 goes to George.

I don't know how I missed this thread until now, but count me in. I haven't been whammed yet this year and hopefully I won't be.

I'm in ... Even though I went to the Christmas light's turning on, and a bunch of Christmas songs played ... It wasn't on :D

Im in as well if its not too late! :) i listen to the radio, but its radio 1 and the rarely play christmas songs..so i think the only place i can hear it is when im out..

I won last year, this year will be a bit of a fluke though. I should be fine until December 12th, I'm at University and I won't be shopping or anywhere that song would be played. When I get back to Ontario and do my Christmas shopping, that'll be the tough part.

I thought I was in trouble this morning when they were talking about it on Sky News. Thankfully the track was a no-show.

I was Wham'd a few weeks ago... By my phone. It turns out I had that song on my playlist. I should admit that I quite like those christmas songs. Feels like nostalgia. Also our "OMG, like, thurd world or something, like, totally, like" deserves a cred for not forcing all that commercial crap half a year before the holidays happen.

So - just to clarify (:D), it doesn't matter how you hear the original song (radio, someone else etc.), if you hear 1 second of it you're out(?)
And can you also explain; if someone - essentially - rickrolls you (except with Wham!...obviously...) does that count? :)

Right - here goes!...

Back