GTplanet world Tournament/League/championship,would it be possible?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Akira AC
  • 88 comments
  • 6,992 views

would you like to be in a GTplanet global tournament in a near future?

  • Yes

    Votes: 149 70.6%
  • No

    Votes: 9 4.3%
  • Maybe after completing GT5's career mode

    Votes: 53 25.1%

  • Total voters
    211
Messages
4,366
Antarctica
Antarctica
With recent news and with what we know about online multiplayer,the question of what users can make with this feature has starting to emerge,of course GT planet has successfully organized online events such as WRS week events,which rely only on user's feedback and participation,of course there is a huge difference between online races and time attacks but there is a model that seem to work,the Forza Mortorsport 2 online racing tournament model seems to work pretty well,so allow me to elaborate:

Well in FM3 the racing model is based on random online race lobbies,but no tournament or anything similar,FM2 had tournaments that were organized under a time attack classification,distributing players by skills like bronze,silver and gold ,so the players got classified and then organized into 8 players races following a tournament model,the races where schedule according to weekends time like GMT Saturday 00:00 hour and so on,where the maximum amount of players could participate in such races and continue their championship next week in a automatic accorded race,sadly the championship races where schedule one day after another making them quite hard to participate.

I do believe that such events can be organized in a way that players can both participate in a well structured manner indicating hosts with the best connections and at times where internet traffic isn't too unstable.

This will require a lot of organizations skills but such events could enrich the whole GT experience once career mode runs out.

So in definitive I want to know the opinion of the regular user,if you will participate or not or and how will you fill with such tournament parameters.

I will work in the concept if there is a positive feedback among user,this is just a poll but this is to determinate if a Global GTplanet tournament could be possible and could be done.

Akiraacecombat
 
Last edited:
I would do this for sure. I hope there are online leagues/ladders as well.
 
Bring it on world. :)
 
Also long as they get the MP sorted, as I'm not losing to some idiot who rams people off the road like in GT5P!
 
I would probably play if it's possible to do. But my driving skills sucks haha
 
Also long as they get the MP sorted, as I'm not losing to some idiot who rams people off the road like in GT5P!

After a few races in the small leagues we will see who is suited to this, and who did not. Then after few weeks, we can organize a decent league. If there will be plenty willing, we will make a big qualification for all comers and then divide the races for 16 cars divisions (pool 1, pool 2 etc.) Like in Live for Speed leagues.

Maybe team racing? In future.

p.s> oh yes, we have to split this for europe, americas and asia divisions.
 
Would be really cool, i would compete in it for sure!

But isnt the global servers limited to North America, Europe and Asia?
 
Define the rules more but yes I'm definitely interested.

No preference, really only because I've never played racing games online, except the limited bs American driving experience in gt5p. not fun.
 
I'd be in, I would love to test my driving abilities against other GTPers in actual races. Will there be a DS3 division as even though I LOVE GT I cannot justify spending $100+ on a wheel at this moment.
 
I'd like to participate in this as well! Is it possible for GTPlanet can track our stats in these tournaments though?
 
Waaaaaaaaaaay too early to be thinking about tournaments now.
 
It would be nice if users were able to create custom online leaderboards, with the host or admin inviting players via PSN IDs to join and battle it out.
 
Isn't this what the WRS is supposed to be?
 
I haven't been in one WRS event that was more than just single player racing Akmuq, not even sure if they hold such events either.
 
We've run 3 events on GT5 Prologue that matched racers on a head to head basis (online format).

These were all major events, with large numbers of entrants (close to 100 entrants in each).

The online play in GT5 opens up many possibilities for the evolution of the WRS.

There will always be a place for Time Trials, but online play could help add to what the WRS has to offer.
 
Great to hear EDK.
 
EDK
We've run 3 events on GT5 Prologue that matched racers on a head to head basis (online format).

These were all major events, with large numbers of entrants (close to 100 entrants in each).

The online play in GT5 opens up many possibilities for the evolution of the WRS.

There will always be a place for Time Trials, but online play could help add to what the WRS has to offer.

We will be qualifying again when GT5 arrives, right?
 
Yes it would be possible.
 
Maybe not tournaments, but certainly championship series and linked feeder/division-based league systems are ideas I keep thinking about. I tried it a bit with F1:CE although it wasn't much success because CE lacked the players to really sustain more than one division of 10 players.

I'd say its highly likely we will see some kind of League being set up here on GTP using the Divisions as an initial basis and then a promotion/demotion system afterwards.

There will certainly be organised racing here, Prologue showed what this community can achieve, at its height we had battles between forum teams (GTRP, GT5_net, etc), battles between tuners, specific model races, plus the WRS stuff. And that was just with a random-matching service which had a limited method of allowing organised meetings. Now we get a full lobby service with abilities to set regulations, save replays, spectate, etc.
 
The forum tornament would be cool to compete in. Someone just set up an account yesterday to advertise it but he didn't get permission so it will probably get locked.
 
Yes it can work and we should give it a try. With the current format of the GT Planet Racing Division and all the members we have it would have to be restructured though. I’ve been thinking about this as well working on a format. I thought of 8 GT Planet Racing Divisions that I think we’ll all enjoy. One main rule for is all damage set to full.

GT Planet Le-Mans Championship
Classes; LMP1, LMP2, GT1, GT2, GT3
RUF SUPER CUP
BMW SUPER CUP

GT Planet DTM Championship

GT Planet NASCAR Championship

GT Planet World Rally Cross/ WRC Championship

GT Planet Super Touring Championship
Classes; ST1 (Front wheel drive cars with full race prep, ST2 (front wheel drive cars with factory body stage2 weight reduction and roll cage in place.
GT Planet D-1 Drift Championship (No Race Cars Allowed)

GT Planet Formula Championship

GT Planet Time Attack Championship (No Race Cars Allowed)
All cars must have a roll cage
Classes:
Super Class, Street car with full race prep max HP 1000, race tires allowed.
Tuner Class, Street car with stage2 weight reduction, front, rear spoilers allowed, rear diffuser not allowed, Street Tires only no Race tires allowed, Max HP 700.
Sport Class, Factory body must stay intact stage 1 weight reduction max HP 500, Street tires only.
 
I'd be down, but only after putting in a great deal of time into the career mode - not 100% mind you, but at least 2/3rds of the way complete.
 
Sounds good, but I hope there will be noob championships too, I never qualify for anything.
 
Sounds good to me. I will want to take a bit of time to get used to the game and get a few cars first of course.

Forza 2 had a very good online system. Something like this may be better in a private lobby setup but is hard to tell until we actually see what options we have in GT5. Could be very interesting.
 
Don't forget an X1 championship, full damage and on a closed circuit... say monaco.. with full damge :)
 
Online racing world wide won't work because of a little thing in online gaming called ping.
 
Online racing world wide won't work because of a little thing in online gaming called ping.
Why not? I have raced with people all over the world in Forza 2. Have been in a lobby with someone from Northeast US, West Coast US, UK, AUS And France all at once and it worked fine.

The biggest problem is in the time zones.
 
Yes I have even raced against people from Japan (complete opposite side of the world from me) on GT5P and the race played out smoothly.

I agree with HBR the time zones are the kicker. As when I'm ready to race here (usually 6pm) it's 11pm in London and 8am in Tokyo. Their should be continental classes and world wide classes for people who can do such things.
 
Just chucking in some common sense here..

How about the exact class' and there descriptions be created AFTER enough people show interest.


While it is all well and good to decide Class X should be 200bhp max, road tyres, only these things allowed... there may not be people.


Some class' are easy to run. Formula, Rally, etc.. as the restrictions are easy, all formula cars have to be formula cars, all rally cars have to be rally cars.


We can then run subdivisions in these on who is interested and wants to play and is in teh correct time zone.. etc... There is no point setting out 15 class' fo each time zone only to realise that there are only 6 people wanting to do each class.


And easy way to solve this is just to do one race and several class' Le Mans style.


Nurburgring 3 hour race. Dynamic weather and Lights. GT Class and BTCC/DTM Class and NASCAR class' will be running. You can then go for best in class and best on field.

But before the specifics are worked out you need to find if you have enough people interested in doing a 3 hour Nurburgirn in those conditions at 3am GMT.



And finally, not everyone has the same internet. Yes you may have awesome super fast and be able to race someone on the other side of the world, but in some countries (such as australia....rrr) interenet is 99% horrible and hence some may not be able to run it as well
 
Back