- 18,335

- Corneria City
- Orbital_Goat
Don't forget an X1 championship, full damage and on a closed circuit... say monaco.. with full damge![]()
That would be insane.
Don't forget an X1 championship, full damage and on a closed circuit... say monaco.. with full damge![]()
Why not? I have raced with people all over the world in Forza 2. Have been in a lobby with someone from Northeast US, West Coast US, UK, AUS And France all at once and it worked fine.
The biggest problem is in the time zones.
Maybe not tournaments, but certainly championship series and linked feeder/division-based league systems are ideas I keep thinking about. I tried it a bit with F1:CE although it wasn't much success because CE lacked the players to really sustain more than one division of 10 players.
I'd say its highly likely we will see some kind of League being set up here on GTP using the Divisions as an initial basis and then a promotion/demotion system afterwards.
There will certainly be organised racing here, Prologue showed what this community can achieve, at its height we had battles between forum teams (GTRP, GT5_net, etc), battles between tuners, specific model races, plus the WRS stuff. And that was just with a random-matching service which had a limited method of allowing organised meetings. Now we get a full lobby service with abilities to set regulations, save replays, spectate, etc.
Yes it can work and we should give it a try. With the current format of the GT Planet Racing Division and all the members we have it would have to be restructured though. I’ve been thinking about this as well working on a format. I thought of 8 GT Planet Racing Divisions that I think we’ll all enjoy. One main rule for is all damage set to full.
*list*.
Group A: Damage
Group B: No-Damage
Another possibility?
Group C: No-Damage and assumed apology if punted into the kitty litter due to unintentional accident due to lack of skill.
No-Damage racing = no fun
No one will respect rules. Thats for sure.
Oh yeah, the reason why I stopped playing GT5P's online mode.
I hope they come up with a working penalty system for GT5....
Me too but with private rooms you'll be able to kick people out for punting so it's not a huge problem anyway.
Also generally the punters are slower drivers so as long as you're racing in a higher difficulty public event with little or no rubber band and slip stream effect they shouldn't get close enough to you to be a pain![]()
Only class I didn't think of was the BTCC ChampionshipJust chucking in some common sense here..
Some class' are easy to run. Formula, Rally, etc.. as the restrictions are easy, all formula cars have to be formula cars, all rally cars have to be rally cars.
And easy way to solve this is just to do one race and several class' Le Mans style.
Nurburgring 3 hour race. Dynamic weather and Lights. GT Class and BTCC/DTM Class and NASCAR class' will be running. You can then go for best in class and best on field.l
The reason Damage should be on for all divisions and classes to draw away ruff drivers. Plus it will force everyone that to finish to drive clean but at a fast pace. Though you do gave a good idea.I had a rough draft using this very same method. Several championships with feeder series leading up to them.
How about... the group of drivers join leagues that have Damage enabled or disabled? I don't see any reason in enforcing it if people will feel they'll be left out 'cause they don't know how well they do with Damage on 'cause they're not used to it etc.
Group A: Damage
Group B: No-Damage
This can work for new drivers coming to Gran Turismo and GT Planet.Another possibility?
Group C: No-Damage and assumed apology if punted into the kitty litter due to unintentional accident due to lack of skill.
It may not be ideal integrating this group into a serious tournament or league but I'm sure there are plenty of people who try to race cleanly but will occasionally and unintentionally cause a crash while trying to overtake or by missing a braking point. Obviously there will always be random ad-hoc races and organised casual races but it would still be good for the less committed and/or skilled members to be included in some form of competition which will eventually help them develop into better drivers.
I'm really looking forward to racing online with GTP members but the reality is I will probably only have time to do it once a week at best especially with the offline GT Mode to progress in. As much as I would love to be in a league if it requires more involvement than this it probably won't work for me![]()
The reason Damage should be on for all divisions and classes to draw away ruff drivers. Plus it will force everyone that to finish to drive clean but at a fast pace. Though you do gave a good idea.
I would be down for a tournament/league like this. Also, to avoid timezone issues, have races rotate start times according to median time zone (i.e Race one in US central, race two in european central, and race three in asian central, and so on and so forth...) This way, no one has to stay up until 4am to race, or not participate due to that same reason. Just throwing that out there, even though there might be a more efficient way of managing time zone differences, which highly limited the success of the Forza 2 tournaments.
I would love to participate in such a tournament, in the actual races if there is enough resources you could have a referee/marshall spectating the race incase of foul play and handing out penalties accordingly. As the spectating feature would be nice, also having a person stream the race live would be good as well for those of us that would like to follow the tournaments.
I would be down for a tournament/league like this. Also, to avoid timezone issues, have races rotate start times according to median time zone (i.e Race one in US central, race two in european central, and race three in asian central, and so on and so forth...) This way, no one has to stay up until 4am to race, or not participate due to that same reason. Just throwing that out there, even though there might be a more efficient way of managing time zone differences, which highly limited the success of the Forza 2 tournaments.
Finally, how many races should be run each season? Should there be an off-season? If so, how long and when? How long should each race be (I'm thinking 2 hours maybe)? And how should we decide which tracks to use? I know we need 16-car compatibility for each one, but beyond that are there any restrictions? Do we consider only the longest or "master" variant of each course, or do we allow any 16-car course to be used? If it's the former, do we make an exception for oval courses with infield road circuts? Do we want specific numbers of each type of course (say 2 oval, 3 city, and 15 normal courses to round out a 20-race season) or do we just throw them all into on pot and choose the ones we like most? Should we ban or allow the use of more than one variant of a specific course? Again, what about road/oval combined courses? What defines a course - for example if Rome 90's were to be added by DLC, would it be considered seperate from the new Rome circuit by virtue of sharing little to no road? What about Cape Ring North and South which technically share no road but are part of the same grounds?
Learn to math. 16 + 16 = 32 not 36
Also, I forgot a couple questions. Should Street Stock be run on street tires or sports tires? And do we exclude historic circuits like Fuji 80s/90s and the old Hockenheim (if it's in) because they don't exist anymore?
Also, I predict much difficulty in properly categorizing the carryover cars in time for launch, if only due to the number of cars that could be categorized as CPT, or...? For example the Volvo 240 and Nissan Primera which could be either CPT or MSW, and the early-mid 80s Skylines which could be either CPT or SPC. Not to mention the whole tuner car thing.
And if, by some feat of massive petition, we convince Kaz and PD to implement DLC after all, how would we go about rating and approving courses?
Why not impose HP-cap limits like in GT2?
1. Normally Stock race Classes run on Sport Tire with a DOT Race Tread Depth. But it's been know to change.Also, I forgot a couple questions. Should Street Stock be run on street tires or sports tires? And do we exclude historic circuits like Fuji 80s/90s and the old Hockenheim (if it's in) because they don't exist anymore?
Also, I predict much difficulty in properly categorizing the carryover cars in time for launch, if only due to the number of cars that could be categorized as CPT, or...? For example the Volvo 240 and Nissan Primera which could be either CPT or MSW, and the early-mid 80s Skylines which could be either CPT or SPC. Not to mention the whole tuner car thing.
And if, by some feat of massive petition, we convince Kaz and PD to implement DLC after all, how would we go about rating and approving courses?