GTP's Hot Version Touge Showdown

• Thread starter Mat123
  • 5,182 comments
Nope. Rolling start. :)

Oh, yeah, you can adjust the gear ratios. But I recommend the close ratio transmission, since the track doesn't depend too much on speed.

No, I was suggesting you do the "recording"/testing in a race, so the pit area is voided and you can have a consistent starting point. I guess. :lol:

Hmm…there's a lot more the tranny can do apart from giving you more speed. ;)

No, I was suggesting you do the "recording"/testing in a race, so the pit area is voided and you can have a consistent starting point. I guess. :lol:

Hmm…there's a lot more the tranny can do apart from giving you more speed. ;)

Oh, that? lol. I thought you meant when racing. lol. Nah, I'll be doing the testing in race mode.

Oh, tranny... lol

Oh, that? lol. I thought you meant when racing. lol. Nah, I'll be doing the testing in race mode.

Oh, tranny... lol

Ah, I see.

No, not that tranny. Tranny as in transmission, but yea, there's more than one way to use it. I guess.

@Onboy we should get krenkme to do up his VW van!:D
Thing was incredibly quick through the first two sectors of Eiger Nordwand short in the 386PP classic car Shootout. It was only the uphill sectors that kept it from doing much better in that event.:crazy:

Thing was incredibly quick through the first two sectors of Eiger Nordwand short in the 386PP classic car Shootout. It was only the uphill sectors that kept it from doing much better in that event.:crazy:

Haha! That's cool!

Last edited:

I didn't take part in that one, so I wouldn't know. :P But yea, sounds so like him to do that as well. :lol:

Well, that's detailed, ain't it? :lol: Lotus Elise.

And BOOM! goes your time, 0:56s in my car. :P

Edit: Forget that, was rolling start. :lol:

Well, that's detailed, ain't it? :lol: Lotus Elise.

And BOOM! goes your time, 0:56s in my car. :P

NOOO!!!!!! It's not a Lotus :lol:

Wait, what tires did you use? How much HP? Gimme more details! lol

EDIT: AHAHA!!! :lol:

Thanks. Really helps. :lol: AE86 then. :P

Anyway, test complete. Still faster. 1:01.726. And it still drives awfully so that's missing the point.

AE86. Got that right!

I had an MR-S that could do it in just 1:01.691, but I decided not to use it. I wanted to push myself to the 86's limit's.

I've been waiting so long for someone to do a Hot Version Touge Showdown here on GTP!!!!

Now, as one of the primordial tuning garages to specialize in touge setup, and as an avid fan of Hot Version, I must offer my two cents.

The touge 200 class is naturally aspirated 2.0L engines or smaller. and no forced induction allowed. as for weight reduction, lightweight materials are allowed and i believe weight reduction stage 1 should be the limit as you may see some cars with he back seat removed, spare tire, etc. but they have to have full A/C, radio and interior panels.

that being said, I'll definitely be entering this showdown.

I've been waiting so long for someone to do a Hot Version Touge Showdown here on GTP!!!!

Now, as one of the primordial tuning garages to specialize in touge setup, and as an avid fan of Hot Version, I must offer my two cents.

The touge 200 class is naturally aspirated 2.0L engines or smaller. and no forced induction allowed. as for weight reduction, lightweight materials are allowed and i believe weight reduction stage 1 should be the limit as you may see some cars with he back seat removed, spare tire, etc. but they have to have full A/C, radio and interior panels.

I knew you'd show up. :dopey: :lol: I use quite a lot from your tunes. lol

I didn't notice that the back seats were allowed to be removed. lol

Thanks again for the feedback!

I knew you'd show up. :dopey: :lol: I use quite a lot from your tunes. lol

I didn't notice that the back seats were allowed to be removed. lol

Thanks again for the feedback!

I believe the Seeker EG6 that went against the RE-FD3S had a full roll-cage, carbon body panels and rear seat removed.

Also, I'd like to guess your touge monster is a Mazda Roadster NA Special Package :sly:

I believe the Seeker EG6 that went against the RE-FD3S had a full roll-cage, carbon body panels and rear seat removed.

Also, I'd like to guess your touge monster is a Mazda Roadster NA Special Package :sly:

Nope, it was already guessed by Onboy. A Hachi-Roku. lol

So…to reiterate. Weight reduction is allowed now, but only up to stage 1, and "aftermarket" turbo-ing is banned?

So…to reiterate. Weight reduction is allowed now, but only up to stage 1, and "aftermarket" turbo-ing is banned?

Turbo is allowed for Touge MAX, though.

Anyway guys, don't worry about the changing rules, I will inform you once you send in your tunes. So, for now, keep working on those cars, and GOOD LUCK!

I have a question..

Are there any cars you will be banning from this showdown? I know you're judging by overall feel but there are those that will still go for the fastest car available.

And at 200hp, some rather imposing cars come to mind. ie: Caterham Fireblade, Lotus Elise, Arta Garaiya and the Tommy Kaira ZZ-S, to name a few.

I have a question..

Are there any cars you will be banning from this showdown? I know you're judging by overall feel but there are those that will still go for the fastest car available.

And at 200hp, some rather imposing cars come to mind. ie: Caterham Fireblade, Lotus Elise, Arta Garaiya and the Tommy Kaira ZZ-S, to name a few.

Yeah, cars such as those you mentioned, obviously are not allowed. Instead, they will have their own class. I won't reveal it just yet. It's still in the works.

Hot Version's Touge200 is 2.0L displacement maximum and no forced induction allowed. So even if the car is turbocharged or supercharged stock, it isn't eligible.

But of course, this being Mat's showdown, it's up to him to decide how to keep things fair and in the spirit of Best Motoring.

Hot Version's Touge200 is 2.0L displacement maximum and no forced induction allowed. So even if the car is turbocharged or supercharged stock, it isn't eligible.

But of course, this being Mat's showdown, it's up to him to decide how to keep things fair and in the spirit of Best Motoring.

This right here^ :lol: I'll be working on the OP again. lol

Really BIG thanks again to you guys helping me out.

I'm really very sorry for the constant changing of rules. :lol:

Alright, this is it. The final changing of rules.

Touge 200: Cars up to 200HP-2.0 Liter (Stock turbo Engine is eligible) (Sports hard)
Touge 280: Cars up to 280HP-3.0 Liter (Stock turbo Engine is eligible) (Sports hard)
Touge MAX: Cars over 280HP-No Limit (Turbo or Supercharger is allowed) (Any Sports tires)

Tuning Restrictions: Weight Reduction Stage 1, Carbon hood, and Window Weight Reduction only.

Power Limiter: Any less than 95% Power Limiter use is not allowed.

Transmission: Say, for example, an AE86, buy the 5-speed close ratio transmission, instead of the FC transmission. Why? Because the FC transmission has 6 gears for the AE86. An AE86 doesn't have 6 gears stock.

Everything else is allowed

Aids allowed: ABS only. Don't use it if the actual car doesn't have it.

Last edited:
Back