GTP's Hot Version Touge Showdown

• Thread starter Mat123
  • 5,182 comments
Can I enter my RUF RGT? :sly:

For the second class though.

Depends on its specifications. How much HP? How big is the engine? etc.

Oh, and lastly, would it be fair? :lol:

In short terms: Nope. Sorry. There will be a special class for that car.

Mat123
Depends on its specifications. How much HP? How big is the engine? etc.

Oh, and lastly, would it be fair? :lol:

In short terms: Nope. Sorry. There will be a special class for that car.

Oh I forgot power limiter wasn't allowed. :P Is it?
What about the MAX class then? :sly:

Oh I forgot power limiter wasn't allowed. :P
What about the MAX class then? :sly:

Sure. lol. In one of the episodes, someone had a car that had 600 HP, so I see why not. lol

Although, I'm still waiting for the entires for 200 class. So, you're gonna have to wait a bit longer. lol

yeah.. we should focus entirely on the 200 class before dabbling into the higher classes. hopefully this goes off well and it can become a regular occurrence.

As for power limiter, to keep things fair, maybe you should implement the LotS regulation in regards to that. We don't allow any less than 95% Power Limiter use. To prevent people from entering very powerful cars and limiting their top end while still having supercar acceleration.

(yay!! post #1,420 for me!!)

yeah.. we should focus entirely on the 200 class before dabbling into the higher classes. hopefully this goes off well and it can become a regular occurrence.

As for power limiter, to keep things fair, maybe you should implement the LotS regulation in regards to that. We don't allow any less than 95% Power Limiter use. To prevent people from entering very powerful cars and limiting their top end while still having supercar acceleration.

Ohh, I remember that. Sure, I guess I could implement that.

Alright guys! I'm out for the night! Just remember to PM me the tunes! See you tomorrow!

EDIT: I have a really bad habit of double posting... :guilty:

Just my last reminder for the day

Before submitting your tune, make sure to check the 1st post and finalize it. Thanks!

Last edited:
Alright. I wanted to keep it a surprise, but what the heck? :lol:

This is from my online test. (Standing start)

From starting line, to the end of the tunnel:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/matmedrano/8104398649/

1:02.616

My car has 199BHP, weighs 930KG, and is a rear-wheel drive.

Care to take a guess?

Haha, I remember this layout! I use to do kinda the same thing, back when I started playing GT5 xD except I would reach after the tunnel until the last stretch(High Speed Corner after the tunnel) .

Nope, it was already guessed by Onboy. A Hachi-Roku. lol

By the way, the AE86 weight distribution is wrong in GT5. It's apparently 53:47(F:R) by the way, wasn't there a Touge 200 car that had a Turbo*Cough* Starlet *Cough* LOL?

Sure. lol. In one of the episodes, someone had a car that had 600 HP, so I see why not. lol

MCR R34 xD

Last edited:
TougeSaikyouDensetsu.png

Made a banner! :D

Last edited:
I am so into 200 class. I will start to test some of my setups and decide wich one i´ll submit. There is any deadline?

Hot Version's Touge200 is 2.0L displacement maximum and no forced induction allowed. So even if the car is turbocharged or supercharged stock, it isn't eligible.

But of course, this being Mat's showdown, it's up to him to decide how to keep things fair and in the spirit of Best Motoring.
Wait, didn't the Vitz have a supercharger in that episode? I'm pretty sure it did. By the way, that "Monster" of yours, is it a Levin or Trueno?

Edit: 800th post!

~Turtle
turtle.gif

Wait, didn't the Vitz have a supercharger in that episode? I'm pretty sure it did. By the way, that "Monster" of yours, is it a Levin or Trueno?

~Turtle
turtle.gif

Yeah, you're right. I did some looking up and they do allow stock turbines in Touge200 class. It was just that one episode mentioned that class being "USUALLY" naturally aspirated. But the 2.0L displacement limit is still in effect

Yeah, you're right. I did some looking up and they do allow stock turbines in Touge200 class. It was just that one episode mentioned that class being "USUALLY" naturally aspirated. But the 2.0L displacement limit is still in effect

Which means, they don't mind any induction type as long it's under the limit it's producing. You're probably thinking of the Hot Version Japan series for the displacement limit class because they now do like, N/A Class, Turbo Class, Compact Class, 2.0L Displacement Class, FD3S One-Make Class and etc nowadays. But the classic HP limit classes are better.

Last edited:
Alright, ran a 0:59.783 with my car. Realized I had ABS1 on it so turned that off and adjusted brake balance. I'm back down to a 1:00.074.:D

Still need to work on the tune a bit, see about setting gears on a FC transmission and a few other things. Car was originally tuned on Comfort Soft tires so the Sport Hard tires combined with the latest changes by PD have made the front end almost to grippy.:drool:

By the way I'm driving with a DS3 sensitivity 7, driving line on (I'm a horrible driver without using the line for reference points.) and grip set to real in offline practice mode. If the cars are going to get run online I need to know so I can attempt to adjust the tune for that. (don't normally do any driving online because of my internet connections limitations.)

Oh and car has 200HP with power limiter set to 99.9% (201HP with 100%).
Gave it stage 1 weight reduction and window weight reduction as well.

Going to test a second car of similar vintage before doing more work on this one.:crazy::D

Last edited:
55.804 was the fastest I managed thus far. However, I have another idea for a car that I'll have to try out momentarily.

Edit: Second idea got a 54:417 on the fourth lap or so :D

Last edited:
I have a 54.540 standing start , but it's impossible to compare times with no limit of weight or performance point.

REMEMBER! The cars will be judged based on feel, rather than speed.

Holy c**p! You guys are fast!

Time to work on the 86.

TougeSaikyouDensetsu.png

Made a banner! :D

EPIC! :D

I started work on my entry. it's gonna be the shizznit!

also, Mat, are you on a wheel or controller?

Controller :P

I am so into 200 class. I will start to test some of my setups and decide wich one i´ll submit. There is any deadline?

I'm thinking next Saturday (27) would be good. I want you guys to take your time to perfect your cars. :)

Last edited:

~Turtle
turtle.gif

My monster? Trueno. :sly:

I have a 54.540 standing start , but it's impossible to compare times with no limit of weight or performance point.

REMEMBER! The cars will be judged based on feel, rather than speed.

Damn, that's fast! Was that achieved online or offline?

Last edited:
@Matt don't worry about praiano's times, he is one of the fastest drivers among the tuning forum tuners. Expect his best times to be 1-2 seconds faster than most around here with a given car and this track.

The 86 is a great car and fun to drive, I've done several different tunes for it, but in terms of speed it will get outclassed by many newer cars.

Note: Just ran a 0:59.645 with my second car. It's a handful to drive though fun in a psycho killer sort of way.:lol::crazy:

@Matt don't worry about praiano's times, he is one of the fastest drivers among the tuning forum tuners. Expect his best times to be 1-2 seconds faster than most around here with a given car and this track.

The 86 is a great car and fun to drive, I've done several different tunes for it, but in terms of speed it will get outclassed by many newer cars.

Note: Just ran a 0:59.645 with my second car. It's a handful to drive though fun in a psycho killer sort of way.:lol::crazy:

I don't really worry about being outclassed. lol. The 86 still has to go through further tuning. My best time online last night was 1:01.616, I was half asleep. :P

Hmm... A 59.645? Online? Offline? Still, that's pretty fast!

Last edited:

Most of this touge people that i know is as fast , it's not the point, i did this with the lotus 111R , not very hard to do.
What i was asking is about the final selection. You want to priorize the driving feeling but you want to race the winner tune against a winner car that i supose must be fast.
"Okay, after testing the cars, I will be deciding on which car will get to battle the "Touge Monster". My Hachi-Roku!
If it beats me, then it get's titled "Touge Monster"! "

If it's about racing , the faster must win and you need a PP limit. If it's cruising, the driving feeling is more important , i agree. I just don't understand .
:):) ><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Most of this touge people that i know is as fast , it's not the point, i did this with the lotus 111R , not very hard to do.
What i was asking is about the final selection. You want to priorize the driving feeling but you want to race the winner tune against a winner car that i supose must be fast.
"Okay, after testing the cars, I will be deciding on which car will get to battle the "Touge Monster". My Hachi-Roku!
If it beats me, then it get's titled "Touge Monster"! "

If it's about racing , the faster must win and you need a PP limit. If it's cruising, the driving feeling is more important , i agree. I just don't understand .
:):) ><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Ahh,I see your confusion (That sounded wrong. lol). Anyway, I've based the rules on the original "Touge Showdown". You see, in the original show, they based it on driving feel. Why? Bacause they are judging street cars. For them (and I myself), think that a street car should be a fun car to drive.

Now, onto my Hachi-Roku. I think that, for me, it's a very fun car to drive. So that's why I chose it.

Before the battle, I will be testing your tunes. (Remember to send them to me via Private Message.) I will pick the car that is most fun, for a street car.

Okay, so in the battle, it will be a battle of street cars. This time, it depends on who's car is quicker. So, to summarize it, the car must be fast, and fun! But mostly fun. lol :lol:

There are no PP limits, because there is already a HP limit, and Engine size limit. It's on the 1st page BTW. So, yeah, that's it I suppose. lol

Don't hesitate to raise your concerns. Every question so far has led me to improving this thread. :)

Ahh,I see your confusion (That sounded wrong. lol). Anyway, I've based the rules on the original "Touge Showdown". You see, in the original show, they based it on driving feel. Why? Bacause they are judging street cars. For them (and I myself), think that a street car should be a fun car to drive.

Now, onto my Hachi-Roku. I think that, for me, it's a very fun car to drive. So that's why I chose it.

Before the battle, I will be testing your tunes. (Remember to send them to me via Private Message.) I will pick the car that is most fun, for a street car.

Okay, so in the battle, it will be a battle of street cars. This time, it depends on who's car is quicker. So, to summarize it, the car must be fast, and fun! But mostly fun. lol :lol:

There are no PP limits, because there is already a HP limit, and Engine size limit. It's on the 1st page BTW. So, yeah, that's it I suppose. lol

Ok i understand , i've read the first post, but you can't compare a car of 200 HP 800kg or 500 kg and a sedan of 1250 kg. That what i wanted to say.
It's ok now.:)👍

Ok i understand , i've read the first post, but you can't compare a car of 200 HP 800kg or 500 kg and a sedan of 1250 kg. That what i wanted to say.
It's ok now.:)👍

I see what you mean, don't worry though. I'm sure a sedan with 1250 kg would have WAY more than 200 HP. lol :lol:

EDIT: So far, only 1 person has sent me their tune. lol

No worries, deadline is still on Saturday. :lol:

Back