GTP's Hot Version Touge Showdown

• Thread starter Mat123
  • 5,182 comments
t400 results
NOTE: Each car was tested based on their driving feel and characteristics, lap times have little to no effect in the way I scored them. Each entry was tested with 3 laps and a timed section consisting of the first two sectors on Mt.Akina.Before each lap there was a warm up lap. Also, this is my first time doing this and hope you guys enjoy the results.

FF CLASS---
Krenkme's SRT4: This car was a joy to drive around the course. Expecting crazy understeer and mad front-tire wear, it was truly a surprise. The initial turn-in makes one believe it's actually an back-wheel drive car, while the transmission provided quick acceleration on exits. A downside to this though, is that there's a bit too much mid-turn rotation, and might cause some drivers to hit the gas and cause understeer due to it's quick-revving nature. On the banked high speed turn, the inside tire tended to light up as well.
Fastest lap: 2:59.657
Section Time: 1:38.0
Good: Quick revs, turn-in
Bad: Wheel spin, mid-turn rotation
Score: 97

RJ's Integra R: Another surprising car. It's more stable than the SRT4 through a turn, although it tended to understeer a slightly bit more. Not as fast revving, but the gearing setup makes up for that, providing quick shifts and a good top speed down the straight. Tires also lit up on the banked corner as well though.
Fastest lap: 2:59.270
Section Time: 1:37.3
Good: Stability, Turn-in, transmission
Bad: Wheel spin

4WD CLASS---

TakumiFuji01's Evo IX: This evo was certainly a smooth ride. It just grips, utilizing all 4 tires in a turn. Ditching the AYC for the LSD also helped in increasing the cars driving feel. Sadly, thr car just felt underpowered, and was heavy as well, which led to the front tires wearing out faster than the other entries. If it a bit lighter, then it would be perfect. Nonetheless, it's a great car to use when learning a track.
Fastest lap: 3:00.831
Section time: 1:36.2
Good: Grip, handling, stability
Bad: Heavy, sluggish acceleration, tire-wear
Score: 96

DriftAssassin's Impreza Spec C RA: This car just grips. Really grips. Never did the car feel that is was going to under or over steer. It just felt like a lighter car. Handling response is excellent, with the downside being that exit acceleration was a bit slow, and probably due the power curve. It would help if 5 and 6 gear were lengthen a bit to match the curve better.
Fastest lap: 2:57.587
Section time: 1:33.8
Good: Grip, handling, rotation
Bad: Exit acceleration

DC's WRX STI '07: This subby was fast, but suffered from understeer. The steering response just felt slow, but stable. The understeer did lead me to perform some drifting around corners to counter it, which was fun. It certainly needs work on it's differential settings.
fastest lap: 2:56.525
Section time: 1:33.4
Good: steering, drifting
Bad: understeer, LSD
Score: 95

FBB's Evo IX: This car was a good ride as well. The AYC provided stability during cornering, with the gears providing acceleration on exits. The major downfall of the car is what gives it the stability, as the AYC kills any rotation mid-turn whenever one just touches the accelerator. Other than that, it's a solid tune.
Fastest lap: 2:57.145
Section Time: 1:34.0
Good: Stability, gears
Bad: Understeer due to AYC

Slender's WRX STI '10: This car is fast. Just hit the gas and steer and it does it flawlessly. This car can seriously leave M3's and NSX's in the dust. I want to give it a perfect score, but it just feels a bit dull. It felt more like a tool for going fast. It grips and steers and accelerates throughout corners.
Fastest lap: 2:54.950
Section time: 1:32.8
Good: Grip, cornering, acceleration
Bad: slight understeer, a bit dull
Score: 99

Taikun's Celica GTR: car was a blast to drive. It really gave the impression of being an old school rally car. It was fun to slide around the track. Sadly, it suffered from understeer and a stiff handling feel.
Fastest lap: 3:04.884
Section time: 1:39.7
Good: Fun slides
Bad: Understeer
Score: 95

FR CLASS---

Rob's M3 CSL: A very fast and stable car, emphasizing why M3's are one of the top cars in GT5. It grips well, and although acceleration is a bit sluggish due it being a heavy car, it's able to maintain its speed up in turns. It feels like understeering at times, although that's probably was a sign of me not going fast enough while driving it. Gears were also set up well.
Fastest lap: 2:54.862
Section time: 1:33.9
Good: Grip, gears, cornering
Bad: Understeer on corner entry

Track's 350z: This Z was certainly a solid entry. It has a luxurious smoothness in it's handling, and thus it was easy to push the car to the limit. It also has a good amount of grip in corners, although it did suffer from understeer. This is one car that would definitely make a good daily driver if it were real.
Fastest lap: 2:57.346
Section lap: 1:34.7
Good: Smoothness, grip
Bad: understeer
Score: 98

Orido's G35: The only entry that came without ABS, it just showed how well the car's balance was set up. Brakes are definitely above average, providing stopping power while not locking up during quick braking sections. The car's major weakness is it's weight, causing understeer mid-turn.
Fastest lap: 3:01.879
Section time: 1:37.1
Good: Brakes, stability
Bad: Understeer, weight

MR CLASS---

Snake's NSX R: It's a very quick car. The response the car has is astounding, and the stock gears definitely are a great combo, though I wish 5 were slightly longer. It definitely has the grip and rotation to go fast around the track, and being an NSX lover myself, it certainly is a very well built car.
Fastest lap: 2:53.356
Section Time: 1:33.2
Good: responsiveness, gears, grip
Bad: oversteer mid-turn
Score: 98

CG's NSX R: Being my car, it was the easiest to understand it pluses and minuses. It has the rotion, the speed, and grip, but it's all delicately balanced and easy to mess in it. It suffers from oversteer if one is not careful. This car will definitely eat anyone who can't handle it.
Fastest lap: 2:52.592
Section time: 1:32.9
Good: Rotation, cornering, acceleration
Bad: oversteer, gears

Last edited:
Slender's WRX STI '10: This car is fast. Just hit the gas and steer and it does it flawlessly. This car can seriously leave M3's and NSX's in the dust. I want to give it a perfect score, but it just feels a bit dull. It felt more like a tool for going fast. It grips and steers and accelerates throughout corners.
Fastest lap: 2:54.950
Section time: 1:32.8
Good: Grip, cornering, acceleration
Bad: slight understeer, a bit dull

Not bad result :) The transmission was built for the Nurburgring and shortened with Final gear for Akina. Suspension wise was molded around my T300 Tune.

I noticed there are 2 results with no score...

Orido's G35: The only entry that came without ABS, it just showed how well the car's balance was set up. Brakes are definitely above average, providing stopping power while not locking up during quick braking sections. The car's major weakness is it's weight, causing understeer mid-turn.
Fastest lap: 3:01.879
Section time: 1:37.1
Good: Brakes, stability
Bad: Understeer, weight

Thanks for the excellent review there :) I know the weight will be an issue, but I really like the car. Did you test it with no ABS ?:scared: The driving options must have carried over even when borrowed. I tuned it with no ABS, but I thought the testers would use ABS 1, which why I stated in my posted tune, the BB is suitable for both. Anyway, your lap time is very good, my best probably only 3:02 something. To avoid understeer, the car needs to have smooth throttle and trail braking on corner entry, but often carrying a bit too much speed would hurt the car balance due to it's weight :(

At least, I am happy with the score.

Nice work 787. I'm glad my Evo was pretty well recieved. The AYC was tricky but I got far better results with it than I did with the LSD's. Then again LSD's seem to be my biggest weekness.

im sorry but i would like to know if there are any or will be any Hot Version Touge Drift Competetions, i for one would that to participate in those very much and will the sport hard tire rule in place i think it would be a great for high speed drifts, i for one find comfort hards very slow, if there isnt and anyone would like to maybe make our own little battle please add/message/friend me and lets go drifting :)

This isn't a drift comp. It's Touge Tuning. I drift as well as tune for Touge and they share very little in common. I sent an FR so if you wish to drift I'm usually on.

I just asked because there are actual Hot Version Touge Drift competetions as well in real life, though they don't happen as often as the regular touge battles and thought they might be included as well to keep with the spirit of the show.

I'm a little confused- which class/classes are you accepting tunes for now?
I'll get the track and see if I can come up with something worthy of submitting, sounds fun 'till GT6 is here! :)

I'm a little confused- which class/classes are you accepting tunes for now?
I'll get the track and see if I can come up with something worthy of submitting, sounds fun 'till GT6 is here! :)

We aren't accepting entries at the moment, as we are in the process of posting results from the testings that have been conducted.

The current class may be the last, as everyone has pretty much left.

We aren't accepting entries at the moment, as we are in the process of posting results from the testings that have been conducted.

The current class may be the last, as everyone has pretty much left.

Ok no Problem, I hope you guys do something similar with GT6, I'm soooo late with GT5 lol

Back