GTPSIARPC Car Poll

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 40 comments

Which car should be used for the hot lap?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RACECAR

Owner/Promoter/Organizer/Driver/ETC
Premium
United States
Addison,Texas
GTP_RACECAR
As I have already decided, GTP's Star In A Reasonably Priced Car will be coming back for GT6. After some brainstorming, its been decided that along with a new course that we will also have a new car. Its now up to the viewing public to decide which car will be used for our guests.

For those that don't know which car is which:

Alfa Romeo MiTo 1.4 T Sport

i1qy0VBQeiDJAW.jpg

Fiat Punto HGT Abarth

237.jpg

Mazda DEMIO SPORT

Mazda-Demio-Mazdaspeed-1.jpg

Toyota Aqua S '11

i1pG9fNWMdntu.jpg

Last edited:
Okay this poll was a bad idea. I just evened everything up :lol:

Jerome

I have to go with the Mazda, I think it looks pretty good too. The Alpha has the face a hamster... I think. Or maybe it was all those sugar cubes I was given.

TB
Which is why I love it - it's so ugly it's awesome. :lol:

Honestly, in the spirit of Top Gear's SIARPC, you don't pick an awesome car. You pick the average car with a skew towards the odd, even if it's just because of the name, a la the Cee apostrophe Dee. Or the Me Too.

This. Although I think that the Alfa has much more passion in It, I voted in the Toyota. But Mazda would be reasonable enough too.

TB
Which is why I love it - it's so ugly it's awesome. :lol:

Honestly, in the spirit of Top Gear's SIARPC, you don't pick an awesome car. You pick the average car with a skew towards the odd, even if it's just because of the name, a la the Cee apostrophe Dee. Or the Me Too.

This is exactly why I had to pull the lever on the Aqua ;)

I voted for the Demio. Alfa is a bit too fancy:odd:, Aqua is a hybrid:tdown:, Punto is a Fiat:eek:

Well, the Abarth and the Alfa are too hot to be reasonably priced cars and the Aqua has a CVT gearbox so there's no manual shifting there. The only remaining candidate is the Mazda Demio 👍

It was decided for the sake of keeping things equal, it will be a course maker track. The guests will only see it when the time comes to do their laps.
I went Mazda too, for reference, but I reckon the MiTo would be a belting alternative.

Well, the Abarth and the Alfa are too hot to be reasonably priced cars and the Aqua has a CVT gearbox so there's no manual shifting there. The only remaining candidate is the Mazda Demio 👍

Good point about the cvt I hadn't thought about that. Damn can I change my vote? Lol

Voted for the Demio as it's really the only one of the 4 that fits requirements.

The Alfa and Fiat are to sporty and the Toyota doesn't have a manual transmission.

Actually despite being an eyesore (my opinion) the Mazda might be considered to much of a "Hot Hatch" by some.

Car needs to be the kind of gutless, non descript lump your grandmother would drive at 10mph under the posted speed limit everywhere.

Picked the Demio. It was even between that and the MiTo, but I went with the Demio because of personal preference.

Being a Standard and dated compared to the other options, the Abarth wasn't to my liking

Where the Aqua is strong when it comes to fuel efficiency, it lacks in quality and fun. The CVT gearbox is a turn-off.

Back