GTPSP Hybrid possible?

• Thread starter hardtofind
  • 20 comments
gtpsp uses same source as gt4 (i mean car database).is there any possibility of using codes or something with gtpsp.like in gt4.
or maybe some one finds a way to edit gt.vol file.:D

I think 'cwcheat' is the answer.it s like armax or gameshark codes.there are money codes,challenge or drift point codes.i found a "change hud" code.so why not hybrid codes:D
_C0 Toggle HUD (R+[])
# <*by faceless81*>
# <*toggle HUD between full,lower,none*>
_L 0xD0000008 0x10008200
_L 0xE1020000 0x017FFF16
_L 0xE1010000 0x0153AAC0
_L 0x0153AAC0 0x00000002
_L 0xE1020001 0x017FFF16
_L 0xE1010002 0x0153AAC0
_L 0x0153AAC0 0x00000001
_L 0xE1020002 0x017FFF16
_L 0xE1010001 0x0153AAC0
_L 0x0153AAC0 0x00000000
_L 0xD0000005 0x30008200
_L 0xE1010002 0x0153AAC0
_L 0x017FFF16 0x00000001
_L 0xE1010001 0x0153AAC0
_L 0x017FFF16 0x00000002
_L 0xE1010000 0x0153AAC0
_L 0x017FFF16 0x00000000

gtpsp uses same source as gt4 (i mean car database).is there any possibility of using codes or something with gtpsp.like in gt4.
or maybe some one finds a way to edit gt.vol file.:D

Well, like hardtofind, I think that cwcheat would work. I played around w it on my psp, since I got rid of my ps2 and haven't hybrid'd anything in a while.

Looks like however it IS setup, we need to figure how to find the addresses;

What i found so far, editing the max ammount you can change in the settings screen. But its still capped, which would make sense. Diff cars have diff values, so there may still be hope.

Now, since theres 30 favorite spots, then theres probably 30 cars we can hybrid. Looking at how the trade/share setup works, it'll copy the STOCK car over to another garage (well, if they got smart by now lol).

What I'll try doing is going thru the memory reader, and compare values to the addresses for gt4 and see if it can be worked.

GT4, each car had 3(i think) settings. The addresses we would modify, would change each setting individually, for each car. So each car, in theory was 3 in the garage (car1, setting a, b, c - make sense?).

GT PSP, has 30 "favorites" w one setting each, so if we can really play w the cars when they're in "favorite" mode, then that means we can have 30 hybrids in the garage. Which isn't bad at all.

I don't have any doubt that we theoretically can hybrid gt psp, since using CFW, we can use cwcheat to see and edit the memory live and setup codes in a snap (and tweak as necessary on the fly). That tool alone makes it easier to do this vs previous methods initially.

The only question is, what addresses. I doubt the gt4 hybrid codes would work, even if it is the same "database". Simply because of the layout, and how it is different btwn the 2 games. However, they might be able to help us out in finding new codes for PSP.

If we can get many testing, we can look at different parts of memory and see what we can dig up collectively and find the codes we all can play with in a snap.

PS. I wanna recreate my old GT2/3/4 hybrids so I'll do what i can to make this happen lol! Bluebird w/ a SR20DET would be fun, CRX w/ J32 from the CL-S, R32 w/ 6-speed and Mines transplant, 3-Rotor AWD anything would be fun as hell to rip around!

actually after playing with it for a while now, the layout of the game might mean it might require a different approach;

previous gt games (gt4 + earlier for example);
-cars put into garages can be tuned depending on degree of parts equipped.
-players can have x amt of cars in their garage at any given time.

gt psp
-cars put into garages can be tunes if set to "favorite", 30 slots for this.
-players can have x amt of cars in their garage.
-cars not in favtorites go back to "stock" equivalent.

hybrid possibilities (maybe);
if the engine carries characteristics from previous games, we can expect;
-possible code address for chassis
-engine may be another possibiliy
-power adding may be with changing the %increase, I found the code to do it and it reflects at the screen (8bit search). Problem is, it is limited to whatever that car is limited to (if its limited to 20, 25, etc...)
-might be able to find another address for the value that is not capped?
-suspension should be another "part" code
-tires, body, color, etc..
-I can probably find the values for ride height, etc..

now, the question I'm working on answering: are the values for the codes reliant on the 30 favorite slots or not? would a code affect car# 30 on the favorite slot, or affect car# 80 in the garage?

probably the easiest way would be to find the code for 2 cars next to each other on the garage. subtraract the difference w/ a hex calc and figure out the offset for the cars. begining address would be whatever care # you started at - (offset x that #). sounds wierd but kinda makes sense. its how i used to look up codes in gt4 when we were tryin to translate them btwn the diff versions. even had a old xls that autocalced the codes, dunno where that is now :)

That sound lots of work :D
i messaged you in private but i m asking again here.is there anything i can do to help?
first i want to try "power %" setting in single races than if we find any engine codes, start sapping engines :)

That sound lots of work :D
i messaged you in private but i m asking again here.is there anything i can do to help?
first i want to try "power %" setting in single races than if we find any engine codes, start sapping engines :)

lol, yeah just got the PM notification haha! Well, I already found a code to modify that % and the weight %, however they're still "capped" at whatever value the car itself is. So if ur car maxes @ 20% then its stuck at 20% even if I set the code to 25x, 55, 200, even up to 255. It internally caps at 20%. Same thing with the weight. I dropped the weight down to 1%, but it still caps @ 85%.

Only way to see, is by looking thru the memory and seeing if we can identify the values (car settings, then maybe eventually find chassis/engine/suspension).

I searched the game and found ridiculous ammount of 8bit variables, and I cant tell yet but seems like it grows as i buy more cars. So, looks like the right place to start if any.

PS. If you (or anyone) wants to help, make sure ur psp is able to run cwcheats and gtpsp. I used my own copy of gtpsp and dumped my own iso to patch, incase anyone wants to bring the lovely "piracy" argument to light because they don't understand how this works. No offense to anyone, just wanted to bring that up.

psp requirements (roughly, I suppose):
-psp w/ CFW, need this to load CWCheats (or your favorite homebrew memory searcher).
-dump an ISO from your GTPSP disk, you need to patch it to play with your CFW.
-memory card big enuff to hold the "fixed" iso
-load the game ISO and cwcheats (or whatever u use)
-patience, need to search and find addresses and test them!

PS2. I'm not going into "how do i get cfw on my psp", "where do i find cwcheats", "why wont this work". Google it up, this is about Hybrids - and in order to help, you already need to be able to do all that listed above. Sorry, just trying to make things simple for everyone lmao! Worry about the savegame requests untill AFTER we successfully make some functional hybrids.

Hope that makes things kinda clear lol

PS3. If anyone wants the $$$ code to start with

addr: 2080EA00
hexv: 000F4240 <- that should set u up at a cool milion
hexv2: 02FAF080 <- that is more like 50mil
VALUE: put how much you want in decimal

EDIT: (put the code in CWCHEATS FORMat)
_C0 I'm rich! (50mil bonus)
_L 0x2080EA00 0x02FAF080

does changing power or weight works with single player and time trial?
where do you look for codes ,in garage or settings menu?
sorry .i m real noob about this.

its ok, we were all noobs at one point. shoot, hybrids is different territory than what i normally do, but the idea is still the same.

think of it as the same as a money code, when you turn it off, you still have 50mil (or whatever the code is set to). And the game works off that value.

The codes should be able to be entered anywhere, because it would change a property of that car. Whenever you load the car, all its values get loaded, even the "hybrid" ones. Thats how it worked in previous gran turismo games.

This one looks a lil different. So we gotta figure (I guess) where the cars are stored in memory. try and modify car#1 , look for car#2, change that, etc...

The layout kinda puts a lil problem in there. Assuming the cars are loaded like they previously were, then each car loads as follows (really really simplified);

car#1 (for example)
car1 name (shows as this name in garage, races, etc) - 89 skyline gt-r
car1 chassis (suspension physics, weight, wheelbase, etc) - 89 skyline gt-r
car1 suspension settings (height, damper, camber) - individual 8bit values
car1 engine (engine that gets loaded for car) - 89 skyline gt-r
car1 tires (Fr) - 89 skyline gt-r S3
car1 tires (Rr) - 89 skyline gt-r S3
car1 favorite - boolean yes/no (1/0)
car2 name...

in that above example, if we can hybrid, thats probably what we can expect. just have to figure how to find that car1 value, and then car2 so we can figure the offset. once we have that, if we need to hybrid car# 500 in our garage, we can calculate the new code something like:

80123456 0000FA12
-made up car1 engine code
offset is every 200000, so we add that to the first address to find car2. add that value multiplied by the car# you want to modify and that will give you the new address. theoretically it makes sense lmao.

since there arent any "parts" like in previous games, only adjusters are the "favorite" drift settings. which appear to be tied into whatever "car name" is loaded. if a civic allows 25% and a race jgtc allows 15% or no adjustment, then thats what that is limited to. a civic with a race jgtc engine would allow 25% vs 15% or no adjustment. other settings like ride height, camber, etc.. can still be tweaked. they were the 8bit values, which there were tons of. might seem like it locks up, but its just searching thru that many addresses. took me about a min or lil more to search for the power, suspension, etc.. now, going to go back and do it. and write it down, since cwcheats didnt save the db like it was supposed to...

EDIT: Update (somewhat).

Opened my disk and copied the huge GT.VOL file, working on extracting the data. Time to sift thru and find out "parts" addresses if they exist, if anyone wants. Basically take your GT.VOL file off the UMD (by whatever methods you have available to you using your disk). Expand it, and go thru and see if we can find anything usefull. I had a bunch of info on GT4 addresses/part #'s from sucahyo, speed drifter + tek and myself, so we can try and look thru the .vol and see if we find anything similar (should be part/chassis/something). It may be 1% progress, but its better than nothinng lol!

Last edited:

actually, to give u a short answer lol;

the "adjuster" codes for drift, didnt really have any affect in other modes when i messed w them. only hope is to hybrid the cars, in the sense of swapping engines, chassis, tires and making our own settings. unless theres a code to "enable" drift mode all the time so it lets those settings take effect. but that might really REALLY screw things up, so i wouldnt mess w it.

i searched and found car engine codes and body codes.there are no parts.just engine and body.but i couldnt find favorites location.if we can manage to address cars location we can change engine.any ideas?

I used to build hybrids on GT1, 2, & 3. I notice the last post for this was 15 days ago. Any progress? I'm willing to help. I have cfw, cwcheat & iso. Very interested in building. :drool:

I used to build hybrids on GT1, 2, & 3. I notice the last post for this was 15 days ago. Any progress? I'm willing to help. I have cfw, cwcheat & iso. Very interested in building. :drool:

i found special cloured cars and codes.cars seem to be only one part so far.it means bad news.i sent codes and car list to gtpsp forum.check them and may be you can come up an idea :D

Thanks Turkey. I'll be working on these for a couple of hours before I have to go to work.

Back