GTPSP save data

• Thread starter Ultraboy94
  • 15 comments
Ultraboy94
xbox? don't make me laugh!
i am looking to upgrade my current PSP-1003 model to a PSP-3000 today, but i am worried that GTPSP will delete my savedata if i do this. is the savedata confirmed as locked?

many thanks.

New PSP = new data.
You can't carry over your previous data.

What you can do is trade & share the cars.
But all the driving challenges will have to stay in the old psp.

thanks.
since i was using my old psp to take money off (trade-in) im going to have to start agin. oh well. luckily i only had the game for a week anyway, so i havent got really far into it...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't your games' savedata on the memory stick? Or can't you put it on it?

it detects that my save was made on another psp system, then says to continue i need to delete it.

just like ps3 data. why do they have to do this?

it detects that my save was made on another psp system, then says to continue i need to delete it.

just like ps3 data. why do they have to do this?

I have another question. So if you copy a GT PSP save file to another memory stick, but use it on the same PSP that created the save file, it would still work?

Reason is I have my current save gave on a 512mb memory stick but I would like to get a larger one so I can copy the game to memory. I haven't done this so far because I thought I wouldn't be able to copy over my save file.

Save your previous file to your computer than delete it on your psp and try other psp game saves and if it doesnt work than just but your old save back on your psp. Also the game save has to come from the same model psp 1000,2000. And the psp nickname must be the same for it to work.

So what's the final word on this? Is GTPSP's gamesave transferable at all? I'd hate it if my system dies and I have to start over :(.

I have another question. So if you copy a GT PSP save file to another memory stick, but use it on the same PSP that created the save file, it would still work?

Reason is I have my current save gave on a 512mb memory stick but I would like to get a larger one so I can copy the game to memory. I haven't done this so far because I thought I wouldn't be able to copy over my save file.

Anyone got an answer to this question? I'm looking to upgrade my memory stick too so I wondered if I could keep my save, I will be using the same PSP.

Anyone got an answer to this question? I'm looking to upgrade my memory stick too so I wondered if I could keep my save, I will be using the same PSP.
Yes, dosent matter what the memory stick is, just as long as it's the same psp.

Yes, dosent matter what the memory stick is, just as long as it's the same psp.

Great, thanks for the info. I figure if I trade in my old 8GB stick it shouldn't cost much for a 16GB one, and I can start to make use of the new PSStore games, since a lot of the new releases are actually generally cheaper in the store than on UMD here (the UK) and I do like the PS3-esque convenience of not having to pop in another disc for a new game. The GO is just too flawed though...

Great, thanks for the info. I figure if I trade in my old 8GB stick it shouldn't cost much for a 16GB one, and I can start to make use of the new PSStore games, since a lot of the new releases are actually generally cheaper in the store than on UMD here (the UK) and I do like the PS3-esque convenience of not having to pop in another disc for a new game. The GO is just too flawed though...
16GB memory cards are great. I have one, lots of stuff loaded on to it. But watch out, there are many fakes and most people can't spot them. Try play.com for memory cards, you want the sony 16gb pro duo mark 2. Also make sure that it is being sold by play.com not an individual seller. Search "16gb pro" without the quotes of course and pick the very first one, "sony 16gb pro duo mark 2" . This one is a real one.

Thing is cards from here are really a lot cheaper than here. I have bought a few memory cards from eBay before and they work fine (pretty sure they're not fake) but I do try to go for ones with actual pictures of the packaging, or ones from individual sellers, as they tend to be the most reliable. Is there really a big issue with accidentally getting a fake card?

Back