GTR2 Official!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 923 comments
I'm pretty sure it can be turned off in the settings. Can't check just now, but unless you find it before then, I'll report back when I've checked for myself.

Edit: yep, should be under "realism"

Last edited:
Ok, I'm getting really fed up with GTR2 right now. The only thing that's stopping me from enjoying it is the unmistakable feel of steering assist, which steers when it wants to instead of when I want it to. How do I turn it off?
Go to Realism in options and turn off steering assist.

So I did that and as far as I can tell, it had no effect. However, I did find something irritating: the Force Feedback seems to be responsible for this. When I turn it down, completely stopped but when its turn up, it does it and it feels like it just wants to yank the wheel out of my hand. I even testing just going down a straightaway and downshift for a corner and the wheel turned all by itself. Can't drive at all like this, its so damn annoying. Weirdly, I didn't have this issue with the Thrustmaster Wheel as it felt pretty comfortable.

Edit: Just found what the problem was: The ForceFBEffects (In "Controls" under "Force"). Turned that off and none of that irritating, violent jerking of the wheel is happening. I have the wheel back in my control AND I'm enjoying the same amount of comfortable FFB as I do on rFactor. Might find myself going back and forth now, something I wasn't expecting to do.

Last edited:
This afternoon I had the chance to take out the Lister Storm at Hockenheim and I think I am in love. That sound :bowdown: It roars, it rumbles, it spits fire , my god that car is sexy.

The cars reacts to the bumps and the sound does thé same. Physics wise it seems much more advanced then GT6.

Need to startup a proper career:dopey:

Started out with a Dodge Viper and AI 90%. The AI is to slow as I took my first win with a 8 seconds gap. The AI is very nice to drive against and I did play the original GTR but GTR2 seems a real step up 👍

I play with a DS3, no assists.

For the last couple of weeks I have been playing around with GTR2 and RACE07 and I started wondering what all the new games really add besides updated graphics. Are physics in AC , Raceroom or pCARS really so much better :confused: or does the nice visual sauce make our minds a bit misty :confused:

Would like to hear some opinions :cheers:

Last edited:
Brand new laptop, Windows 8, and GTR2 won't start. Always loops back to graphics config screen. Tried running all config files in XP compatibility mode, and with admin permission, nothing but same result. Also get random Bink32 dll file errors despite it being installed (as far as I am aware).

Brand new laptop, Windows 8, and GTR2 won't start. Always loops back to graphics config screen. Tried running all config files in XP compatibility mode, and with admin permission, nothing but same result. Also get random Bink32 dll file errors despite it being installed (as far as I am aware).
Strange. I can run GTR2 on Win8.1 with no issues whatsoever. Try reinstalling. Do you have any mods installled?

Strange. I can run GTR2 on Win8.1 with no issues whatsoever. Try reinstalling. Do you have any mods installled?

No, I can't even get past the config screen on start up.

Just loops past this.
upload_2015-6-20_18-0-1.png

Like I said in your comment, try following:

- Right-click the executable
- Find the option that says something about running with GPU
- If it's said to run "integrated" by default, that might be your problem (certainly was for me). Try running it on a different GPU (can be done literally where you'd currently be) and see if that solves it

I'm thinking of starting a racing series for GTR2 called Quick Racing Series. Races would generally be between 3-8 laps (based on time to complete a lap in the car/track). Would I need to create a different thread for this and if so, what would I need to include in it? Never really tried this before.

1999 LeMans (Toyota GT-ONE TS020)

1997 FIA GT Laguna Seca (McLaren F1 GTR Longtail)

Would it be possible for someone to tell me how to make a skin for a car and how to make it appear in game? I'm hoping to create a few LeMans' grids but don't have any experience in making skins or anything.

Alright, found a tutorial for it and made a basic skin for the Viper GTS-R but the template is a .psd and won't let me save the file as a .dds. This is how it looks so far:
bandicam 2015-08-20 11-04-50-002.jpg

Anyone here good with 3D Sim Ed and adding track marshals? Cannot get them added no matter what I do :irked:

Last edited:
Anyone know how to make a read only .gdb editable? Downloaded the VLM LeMans track for P&G and I want to put the maximum laps from 380 to 60 so that I can run a 3 lap race but it won't let me.

Anyone know how to make a read only .gdb editable? Downloaded the VLM LeMans track for P&G and I want to put the maximum laps from 380 to 60 so that I can run a 3 lap race but it won't let me.

Really dumb question I'm gonna ask.

You open it with the notepad right?

Really dumb question I'm gonna ask.

You open it with the notepad right?
Yes, I always open a .gdb with notepad.

Edit: I can open the .GDB and change the laps but when I go to save it it says access denied. I've unchecked READ ONLY for the GTR2 directory, game data and locations but still not working.

Last edited:
I'm having a bit of an issue. I just got Albert Park and the F1 2005 mod and want to run it at 10% length but when I do it still defaults to 57 laps instead of 6.

GTR2 1706.jpg

Note how "Race Laps" is set to 6 yet it says 57 laps for the race itself.

I've checked the track's GDB and race distance is at 57 laps.

I'm having a bit of an issue. I just got Albert Park and the F1 2005 mod and want to run it at 10% length but when I do it still defaults to 57 laps instead of 6.

View attachment 476644

Note how "Race Laps" is set to 6 yet it says 57 laps for the race itself.

I've checked the track's GDB and race distance is at 57 laps.

Check the series settings, they can over ride track GDB settings.

Waiting for permission to release new Super Touring AIW files. Been a lot of work for myself.

So, anyone know of:

1: A fix that actually works for RaceKings Nordschleife (AI doesn't suck, pit lane actually works and cars don't pass through)

or

2: A N24 that isn't Racekings that can support over 70 car grids? RaceKings can support 104 but the glitches :(

Question: Is there a way to lower the chance of the AI crashing? Almost every race I do, no matter how long it is, has at least 1 AI car in the pits because of aero damage.

You could either decrease the severity of damage or the aggression of the AI.

This is my new favourite mod on GTR2.

2019_sr_grid_mod_01.jpg

2019_sr_grid_mod_02.jpg
2019_sr_grid_mod_03.jpg
2019_sr_grid_mod_04.jpg
2019_sr_grid_mod_05.jpg
2019_sr_grid_mod_06.jpg
2019_sr_grid_mod_07.jpg
2019_sr_grid_mod_08.jpg
2019_sr_grid_mod_09.jpg
2019_sr_grid_mod_10.jpg
2019_sr_grid_mod_11.jpg

Features most of the cars from all the major LeMans endurance series for 2008-2014 and a few cars from 2015. Includes ALMS, LM24, ELMS, AsiaLMS, ELMS & TUSCC.

Link: http://www.esport-racing.de/include.php?path=download&contentid=2019

DO NOT install the extras folder of the mod as it changes the menus (and the menu language to German) and the ingame HUD (If you use a custom HUD).

This post marks my debut to this thread.

Previously here on GTPlanet, I seen a few of those fantasy-style races using GTR2. I started watching a few of these events in YouTube videos. I still have the first GTR. These days seeing the GTR2 videos, I became a good bit more convinced (especially recently) about GTR2 after having been an rFactor gamer for a good while. While not overly a hardcore sim racing type, I do love a good sim racer. So in thinking of GTR2 and what I felt like I've missed when my former PC wasn't as capable enough of playing GTR2, I am wanting to get GTR2 to my gaming collection. Maybe the factors I was thinking of were that of time and weather. I'm told that GTR2 is better in the AI racing department than rFactor. Part of me also wants to try to set up my own sort of fantasy races and make my own kind of videos.

So I have slowly been convinced to try out GTR2. I want to thank people like you all here on GTPlanet for sort of convincing me to want to get GTR2.

By the way, that SR GRID Mod from eSport Racing mod looks very cool. As a fan of GT/sportscar/endurance, that is a mod I surely will want to try out if and when I do get GTR2.

This is my new favourite mod on GTR2.

2019_sr_grid_mod_01.jpg

2019_sr_grid_mod_02.jpg
2019_sr_grid_mod_03.jpg
2019_sr_grid_mod_04.jpg
2019_sr_grid_mod_05.jpg
2019_sr_grid_mod_06.jpg
2019_sr_grid_mod_07.jpg
2019_sr_grid_mod_08.jpg
2019_sr_grid_mod_09.jpg
2019_sr_grid_mod_10.jpg
2019_sr_grid_mod_11.jpg

Features most of the cars from all the major LeMans endurance series for 2008-2014 and a few cars from 2015. Includes ALMS, LM24, ELMS, AsiaLMS, ELMS & TUSCC.

Link: http://www.esport-racing.de/include.php?path=download&contentid=2019

DO NOT install the extras folder of the mod as it changes the menus (and the menu language to German) and the ingame HUD (If you use a custom HUD).

Is there anywhere else you can get this? esport is painfully slow.

Back