2019_sr_grid_mod_04.jpg
2019_sr_grid_mod_05.jpg
2019_sr_grid_mod_06.jpg
2019_sr_grid_mod_07.jpg
2019_sr_grid_mod_08.jpg
2019_sr_grid_mod_09.jpg
2019_sr_grid_mod_10.jpg
2019_sr_grid_mod_11.jpg

Features most of the cars from all the major LeMans endurance series for 2008-2014 and a few cars from 2015. Includes ALMS, LM24, ELMS, AsiaLMS, ELMS & TUSCC.

Link: http://www.esport-racing.de/include.php?path=download&contentid=2019

DO NOT install the extras folder of the mod as it changes the menus (and the menu language to German) and the ingame HUD (If you use a custom HUD).
Is there anywhere else you can get this? esport is painfully slow.
You have to commit to the download when you get from esport, I learned the hard way that the download cancels of your computer goes to sleep. Wasted an hour and half of my life.

The WEC mod is very similar to that mod, you can get it from EEC. It may or may not be as complete, but it's the same thing. Might still take as long, but I downloaded it a while ago so I can't remember. Anything is better than esport's server though.....

This is my new favourite mod on GTR2.

2019_sr_grid_mod_01.jpg

2019_sr_grid_mod_02.jpg
2019_sr_grid_mod_03.jpg
2019_sr_grid_mod_04.jpg
2019_sr_grid_mod_05.jpg
2019_sr_grid_mod_06.jpg
2019_sr_grid_mod_07.jpg
2019_sr_grid_mod_08.jpg
2019_sr_grid_mod_09.jpg
2019_sr_grid_mod_10.jpg
2019_sr_grid_mod_11.jpg

Features most of the cars from all the major LeMans endurance series for 2008-2014 and a few cars from 2015. Includes ALMS, LM24, ELMS, AsiaLMS, ELMS & TUSCC.

Link: http://www.esport-racing.de/include.php?path=download&contentid=2019

DO NOT install the extras folder of the mod as it changes the menus (and the menu language to German) and the ingame HUD (If you use a custom HUD).

What is this, the "All my want" mod?

Whatever it is:

upload_2016-1-20_1-2-1.png

I bought GTR2 recently on Amazon. Once I get the game finally, I will go through and play it to join the ones who have this classic game.

You might want to consider cancelling that order and purchasing it via Steam..

So, what would one need to open a CAR file? Sorry if I've already asked this, but I had something I was doing and I'm trying to get a file to open.

GTR2 arrived in the mail today. I now officially among the GTR2 owners. Most of my time so far was in getting settled in with GTR2. Once everything is set up proper, I surely will look at trying to enhance the GTR2 experience on my end.

I mostly have settled in with GTR2. Only real problems have mostly been trying to run the game windowed, despite the fact I specified to run the game windowed. Maybe also I tried to get the game going in WinXP SP3 compatibility since I'm using Windows 10. The reason why I'm trying to run the game windowed is to try to test playing this game and the potential to make videos. One of my ultimate sort of goals is to make my own sort of videos as well as a fantasy championship.

On the racing front, I haven't had much luck trying to win races. I did a few of the custom championships and can't seem to win. I don't want to make the game ridiculously easy to try to win. At the same time, though, I don't want to make it too difficult to where I completely avoid doing those races. Best result I racked up so far was a 2nd Place finish at Oschersleben racing a Corvette. I only knew it was a matter of time before the Vitaphone Saleen S7 would eventually pass me and win.

Now for a few notes... one thing I didn't notice about one of the cars is that the Lotus Elise in the game is a center-drive car. I was doing the braking exercises in the Driving School and noticed the driver sits in the center. It was something I didn't really notice at first. I have only one mod right now for GTR2, and it is an F3000 mod. I went with this mod to gain inspiration to make a fantasy championship to maybe make skins for and make a series of videos with.

I am basically just weighing my options and getting accustomed to the game at this point. One other note I wanted to make is that I feel more comfortable having a physical copy of the game than have the Steam version. This is a completely different topic, but I am still fairly old-fashioned on a lot of things.

One other note I wanted to make is that I feel more comfortable having a physical copy of the game than have the Steam version. This is a completely different topic, but I am still fairly old-fashioned on a lot of things
I'm much like you in that respect, although I am becoming more appreciative of the benefits of digital copies when it comes to gaming

I snapped up the Steam versions of GTR2 and GT Legends last year when they were very cheap even though I have them both on disc

I've left them mod-free because my disc installs are heavily modded and its nice to go clean and light sometimes. Same goes for rFactor

On the console front, I spent big on the Ultimate digital version of Forza 6 for my X1 and I'm loving it :cool:

So John, do consider the benefits of digital copies at some point. They are so, so convenient 👍

On the racing front, I haven't had much luck trying to win races. (snip)...At the same time, though, I don't want to make it too difficult to where I completely avoid doing those races. Best result I racked up so far was a 2nd Place finish at Oschersleben racing a Corvette. I only knew it was a matter of time before the Vitaphone Saleen S7 would eventually pass me and win.
Second in the Corvette is actually pretty good, relatively speaking. It's not as fast as the Ferraris or the Viper down the straights, and the Saleen can, at least in the right hands, outmaneuver absolutely everything (while shredding an extra set of tires... or two, or three).

Hi all,

I'm brand new to GTR2 and I'm loving every second.

Being a first time PC gamer the idea of modding is new to me but I'm enjoying the freedom to add cars such as my beloved Marcos LM600 into the game.

I am quite keen on having my dream GT field at one point in time, which would require classifying the cars. So far I am yet to find a solution, and some cars remain unclassified as I'm not sure how to put them into the classes I see fit...

For example, how would I put the Ultima from the WSGT mod into G2?

If anyone could help I'd be grateful, and remember, you're dealing with a total novice!

Hey @adam46!

What you can do is opening the corresponding gdb file in your GTR2/Gamedata file with notepad (I'm assuming it's the FIA2004 one), then from there you see a bunch of car class names.

You can find out what classes the specific car is in by looking into that car's .car file. You can add the G2 class designation into that line whatever it's called in the corresponding GDB. You should be able to find it in the car selection list for G2 now!

Hey @adam46!

What you can do is opening the corresponding gdb file in your GTR2/Gamedata file with notepad (I'm assuming it's the FIA2004 one), then from there you see a bunch of car class names.

You can find out what classes the specific car is in by looking into that car's .car file. You can add the G2 class designation into that line whatever it's called in the corresponding GDB. You should be able to find it in the car selection list for G2 now!

Hi, thanks for this information!

Unfortunately, I'm not seeing .car files under the Ultima or the others I have checked thus far... :(

EDIT: Ah they're within each teams' folder! I see!

Last edited:
@adam46 Yeah--I was about to post these screenshots.

Screenshot_196.png
Screenshot_197.png
Screenshot_198.png
Screenshot_199.png

Screenshot_200.png

To make a new series, just copy a GDB from the Gamedata folder and edit to your desire, and classify your desired cars as wished.

My Laptop is frying just from looking at all that :lol:
@adam46 Yeah--I was about to post these screenshots.

View attachment 523199 View attachment 523200 View attachment 523201 View attachment 523202
View attachment 523203

To make a new series, just copy a GDB from the Gamedata folder and edit to your desire, and classify your desired cars as wished.

That stuff is music to my ears and pleasing on my eyes. Love this game so much and so much fun to mod and edit. 104 car 5 class GT events at Silverstone never get old.

That stuff is music to my ears and pleasing on my eyes. Love this game so much and so much fun to mod and edit. 104 car 5 class GT events at Silverstone never get old.

My favorite is mixing up GT500 cars with the FIA GT1s and letting them rip on Potrero de los Funes.

My favorite is mixing up GT500 cars with the FIA GT1s and letting them rip on Potrero de los Funes.

I've started using default cars with add on skins and a few extra stand alone mods thrown in.

I once did (and still has it to this day) a real fustercluck of a class with anything from the GTL and Race 07 conversions over the default cars, DTM and GT500 to stock cars and Formula RaceRoom.

I'll just say that the racing never gets boring and pretty much every category has won overall at least once.

I'm having a little trouble with creating "blank" versions of the TVRs (because reasons), particularly their "mask", i.e. metallic effect. I can't seem to get the windows right for some reason.

Anyone got a link for MethylEfyl's "Sounds of GTR2 b.0.7.5" mod? All links I find are dead.

All links I find are dead.

Story of my life whenever I find anything interesting.

In other stories, in these days of holy, I got bored and decided I wanted to make something different which involved the radio comms on GTR2.

This, for now, is pretty much the result:

Story of my life whenever I find anything interesting.

In other stories, in these days of holy, I got bored and decided I wanted to make something different which involved the radio comms on GTR2.

This, for now, is pretty much the result:

Woah! You should totally give this out when you're finished with it.

Back