GTR2 Official!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 923 comments
I've had the SR-GRID mod for GTR2 for some time, but never installed it or got serious with it until now. The mod that our RACECAR once referred to as the "all my want" mod, the SR-GRID mod has some of the more recent GT and prototype race cars. Trying some of the many cars got me to appreciate these machines a lot. And let me tell you- that Audi R18 e-Tron is an absolute beast! The moment you floor the gas, it goes like you-know-what. As a 2.5 GB download for the cars (and an extra 460 MB for the sounds), it's worth it if you have GTR2 and love GT/sportscar/endurance racing. I mostly have tested some of the machines rather than try to set up proper races. If there are some templates I can find for some of these cars, I may get into the skinning mood.

I had the World Endurance Series mod for GTR2, but I ultimately decided to retire that mod and go with the SR-GRID mod for serious sportscar racing in GTR2.

Now look at this track that I just found:

GRAB_016.jpg GRAB_017.jpg GRAB_018.jpg GRAB_019.jpg GRAB_020.jpg GRAB_021.jpg

I wonder of you can identify it from those screenshots. If not, check.. uh, the go-to site that isn't NoGrip.

Y'know, all these new racers, from hardcore simulators like the PCARS series and Assetto Corsa to the more relaxed racers like GT Sport and Automobilista etc. is nice and all, but it was nice going back to an all-time favorite, even if only for a moment. Much like a certain character played by a certain governor in a certain 80's movie that inspired a certain other Top-10-Games inductee of mine, GTR2 just keeps coming back :lol: in more than one way

Now look at this track that I just found:

View attachment 641514 View attachment 641515 View attachment 641516 View attachment 641517 View attachment 641518 View attachment 641519

I wonder of you can identify it from those screenshots. If not, check.. uh, the go-to site that isn't NoGrip.

Y'know, all these new racers, from hardcore simulators like the PCARS series and Assetto Corsa to the more relaxed racers like GT Sport and Automobilista etc. is nice and all, but it was nice going back to an all-time favorite, even if only for a moment. Much like a certain character played by a certain governor in a certain 80's movie that inspired a certain other Top-10-Games inductee of mine, GTR2 just keeps coming back :lol: in more than one way

Hey, Apricot Hill!

Can you name the site though?

As I'm not sure what the various policies are on the subject (seeing as some of the content might be slightly no-no. Not in an NSFW way, but no-no nonetheless), I'll give you a hint:
  • The sport that takes place on the internet
  • Another word for motorsport
  • The not-comma
  • The country code for the only country with which Denmark has a land border

Hey, Apricot Hill!

Can you name the site though?
As I'm not sure what the various policies are on the subject (seeing as some of the content might be slightly no-no. Not in an NSFW way, but no-no nonetheless), I'll give you a hint:
  • The sport that takes place on the internet
  • Another word for motorsport
  • The not-comma
  • The country code for the only country with which Denmark has a land border
No need to do anything fancy, just type "GTR2 apricot hill" on Google and the download link will show up on the first page.

I know (that site)! It has mostly been my go-to site for various mods for GTR2, though I get squeamish over the shady nature of (that site). Most of my work of late has mostly been with skinning the Jaguar XJ220 from the BPR Series mod. When I mentioned vintage-style skin making, I initially had it in regards to the GT Legends cars. Instead, I worked on two skins for the 1986 Volvo 240 Turbo from the Volvo SimBin game. I don't have a retro-enough font to make any real retro or vintage style car skin.

The most recent mod I downloaded was the Brazilian Stock Car mod converted from Automobilista. I kind of downloaded to get a preview of what the Brazilian Stock Cars would be like in AMS. Since I've had trouble trying to make skins for AMS, I may just take the skins for this mod and use them in this GTR2 mod. I may work on skins for some of the other cars from the BPR Series mod if I get enough inspiration and motivation to do so. I'm considering the Lotus Esprit from that mod. Let it be known that I never really liked the Lotus Esprit. However, I do have some interest in skinning it.

That could be a lot of things.

Are you, by any chance, using mods, and if so, which? How many cars are you running at a time? On what track/corner did you experience the drop?

Advice for all - If you are downloading the new Windows 10 build, DON'T. GTR2 doesn't run properly or at all on it.

Advice for all - If you are downloading the new Windows 10 build, DON'T. GTR2 doesn't run properly or at all on it.
Thanks for the tip.
I disabled automatic updates a few months ago, I got tired of updates resetting all my settings & preferences, and that annoying blue full screen notification that tabs me out of full screen games is just stupid. Best thing to do with Windows 10 updates is to wait until most of the bugs are solved.

Version 2.0 of the Super Touring mod is nearing completion. Changelog is enormous, but major points:

~Customisable showrooms
~In-car logo plates updated for each series / manufacturer
~Overhaul of 2000 car files with 199 different sets of HDC physics, and 188 engines
~Track packs with Championships coming with over 50 circuits.

@JERACERX, depending on the schedule/time of races, I'm interested, just recently got the simbin mega bundle on steam, and looking for some nice races to run with people

@JERACERX, depending on the schedule/time of races, I'm interested, just recently got the simbin mega bundle on steam, and looking for some nice races to run with people
We run at 3:00 Eastern Standard on sundays, and between the race and qualifying, it should be 2 hours.

So around 8am GMT on sunday. alright, sounds nice. I just need to wake up early on sunday.
I'm going to install it, and i need those modes up there, right? @JERACERX

Not quite sure how you've worked that out to be 8am, given that the Americas is a few hours behind Europe and they're highly unlikely to be awake at 3 in the morning.

3 PM (which I'm assuming is what he meant) EDT is more along the lines of 8 PM Portugal time, 9 PM for most of mainland Europe. Which, I have to say, is still about the most sensible time slot I've seen for an accepts-entries-from-other-continents-mainly-Europe event hosted by someone "over there" for a long time.

Now that I'm posting in the "correct" GTR2 thread anyways.. anyone have any good ideas on how to fix the game crashing whenever I try to load a race? I might've slightly borked it up, totally unnecessarily. I know I've fixed it before, but I cannot for the life of me remember what I did. I pretty much know it's got something to do with the map plugin, but how to undo it escapes me.

If it were the map plugin, the game wouldn't start. I botched the installation first go, and the game would even start. Upon removal of the plug in, it booted correctly. My guess is the lack of the 4GB patch. It solved all of my CTD's post-installation.

So around 8am GMT on sunday. alright, sounds nice. I just need to wake up early on sunday.
I'm going to install it, and i need those modes up there, right? @JERACERX
Yep, it's 3:00 PM EST (I'm not racing at 3 in the morning, lol) And all the needeods are in the spreadsheet. I also highly recommend joining the Discord Server, as most of us there can help you with whatever problems you have.

..yeah, this continues to amaze me, the Steam version, to which I have done the normal fixing + copying all mods over works perfectly fine with both XD and Map plugin, but if I try to run anything on the CD install, it crashes.

Oh well, it's working on one of them, and somehow the Steam version appears to run a bit more smoothly as well. Not quite to the point where I can have a 30-car GT3 grid in view and still hit 30-or-above fps, but nowhere near as badly as I remember it being for GTR2S3 :lol:

I went from a shotty all-in-one to an i7 laptop, so I went from 15fps with twenty GT3 cars to +30fps with 40 GT3's. It's like it was saying "That's it?"

I wonder if it can run minecraft...

..no, it's getting interesting again - whenever I try to run a championship, it crashes back to the desktop (as I described earlier) and once it's done that, it stops working on-track completely, to the point where the only way of getting it into any form of working order is a complete reinstall.

Hi folks,

My roommate has allowed me to abscond with his G920 while he's away, and I'm using it for GTR2.

I have to have everything at maximum sensitivity to make things work with the 900 degree steering however - what can I do to make it work with the game better?

Please remember that I'm a dunce who doesn't usually have a wheel, so the simpler the explanation the better.

Hi guys,

Sorry for the double post, but I need some help.

My game has started refusing to load. It gets to the point of the screen going black to load the game, but then it almost immediately spits me back out to the desktop, with the 'GTR2 has stopped working' tab you usually get with a CTD. Has anyone had this before? Can you explain it to me using words someone as stupid as me will understand?

It's also worth noting that my laptop battery is no longer being detected, but the computer is still working on charge... Related?

Need some help. So I downloaded these two mods the Subaru Legacy GT300 and Porsche 911 GT3 RSR GT300 mod for Super GT GT300 class and apparently they won't appear on the game. I checked the .car files and they were classed correctly. Any solutions? I also double checked the files and there were no missing files when I extracted it. I also tried looking around NoGripRacing for solutions but it's no good as well.

Back