• 1,347 comments
Denmark
Upside-down in the final corner
rallymorten
upload_2015-9-19_12-2-0-png.448419

*scroll down if you're here for the Lightweight GT*

RGTS1 banner.png

Welcome to the second season of the RACE GTR2 Series, the RACE GT Championship

Following the success that was the RACE Porsche Cup, the GTR2 Series evolves into a full-on GT class championship. More cars, more action.

If you have any questions, check the attached .PDF file, as this contains additional info on most of the subjects covered.

Schedule

Preseason "Prologue":
-1: Grand Valley Speedway 300km - 300 km - Grand Valley, GT
-2: Rotten Egg Rally - 1 lap - Pikes Peak, US

Season:
1: Sebring SportsCar Grand Prix - 250 miles - Sebring, US
2: Santander Spanish Grand Prix - 300 km - Barcelona, ES
3: Red Bull Austrian Grand Prix - 300 km - Spielberg, AT
4: AGIP Italian Grand Prix - 300 km - Monza, IT
5: Britcar British Grand Prix - 400 km - Silverstone, UK
6: Quantas Australian Grand Prix - 300 km - Eastern Creek, AU
7: Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix - 300 km - Sakhir, BH
8: Elkhart Lake Sports Car Challenge - 200 miles - Elkhart Lake, US
9: Mobil 1 German Grand Prix - 300 km - Nürburg, DE
10: Petrobras Brazilian Grand Prix - 300 km - Curitiba, BR
11: Michelin French Grand Prix - 400 km - Le Mans, FR
12: Total International Grand Prix - 500 km - Francorchamps, BE

Cars

There are a total of three different cars to choose from. Although they're not dead-even, these are known to provide close and varied racing scenarios.

View attachment 307831
Manufacturer: Porsche
Model: 911 (996) GT3-RS
Engine: 3,6 liter flat-6
Top speed: 277 km/h
0-100 km/h: 4,2 seconds
Power: 430 hp (8000 RPM)
Torque: 296 NM (6250 RPM)
Weight: 1100 kg
Fuel endurance: ~200 km
Description: Updated version of the Porsche Cup racer, with a template you can use with the carviewer tool. Not the fastest, not the most powerful, but a solid allrounder.
View attachment 307830
Manufacturer: Ferrari
Model: 360 Modena
Engine: 3.6 liter V8
Top speed: 286 km/h
Power: 430 hp (8800 RPM)
Torque: 290 NM (6600 RPM)
Weight: 1100 kg
Description: What is a GT class series without a Ferrari? Has a slightly higher top speed than any other car on the grid.
View attachment 307829
Manufacturer: BMW
Model: M3 GTR (E46)
Engine: 4,0 liter V8
Top speed: 272 km/h
Power: 440 hp (7750 RPM)
Torque: 324 NM (6500 RPM)
Weight: 1170 kg
Description: I guess BMW figured "bigger is better". A 4.0 liter engine may compromise on the weight, but brings with it more power and torque than the competition.

Tyres

All cars will be running a control tyre to keep it relatively even. For example, all Ferrari 360 Modena racers will run the same tyres, although these are slightly different from the ones present on the Porsche 911 996 GT3-RS or BMW M3 GTR.

Liveries

Liveries will work in generally the same way as they did in Porsche Cup - you have one primary livery and can enter secondary and Spa special liveries.

Secondary liveries can now be entered in up to four (4) rounds. In order to register for which events you'd like to use your secondary livery, please fill in this form.

Furthermore, the templates provided are now compatible with the carviewer tool provided in the Attachments section. In the same section, you'll also find the required .X files. Templates in both .psd (Photoshop) and .pdn (Paint.Net) formats can be downloaded here.

The "PRO Class Sign" and "AM Class Sign" layers are only used in the Lightweight GT, hence you should only use those layers on the Lotus Elise.

NOTICE:
The "Body" file is preferably saved as .dds, DXT1
The "Windows" file is preferably saved as .dds, DXT3
Alternatively, you can return the edited versions of the templates used.

How to send your livery:

1: Create livery in your preferred photo editing tool. Photoshop and the free Paint.Net are recommended as both work with layers and the template files are made for these.
2: Save your creation either as .DDS (see above) or .psd/.pdn. It is recommended that you only save as .DDS if you are absolutely sure your livery is correct. Saving as .psd or .pdn means I can correct any mistakes I may find.
3: Send the file(s) to a .zip folder. See here for more information.
4: Start a conversation with me and attach the .zip folder.
5: I will then test the livery to check for errors in any shape or form and correct where possible.
6: I report back to you in the conversation telling you what you may have done wrong and how it has been corrected. If you provided .psd/.pdn files, I will attach the fixed version of your livery in case any changes are needed.
7: By then, your livery has been accepted. If you wish to change your livery or make adjustments, repeat above steps (but continue in the same conversation so as to not flood my inbox)

Points System

The points system remains unchanged from the Porsche Cup:

1: 30
2: 28
3: 26
4: 24
5: 22
6: 20
7: 18
8: 16
9: 14
10: 12
11: 10
12: 9
13: 8
14: 7
15: 6
16: 5
17: 4
18: 3
19: 2
20: 1

Signing up

Signups for the RACE GT have closed - feel free to sign up for the Lightweight GT instead :)

Championship standings

The championship standings can be seen here

Next round:
No more races - see you in S3!

__________________________________________________________________________________

Lightweight GT.jpg

Welcome to the Lightweight GT, the experimental part of the GTR2 Series

700kg, 200bhp, plenty of action.

Please note that this section will only cover parts of the Lightweight GT that are significantly different to the RACE GT.

Schedule

1: Road One International, Fictive, Fantasy
2: Shortwood Park, Michigan, USA
3: Castello Circuit, Milano, Italy
4: Street Circuit, Surfers Paradise, Australia
5: Nope, Not, Telling

The Car

The car used in the Lightweight GT is a race-prepped version of the Lotus Elise. Weighing in at only 780kg (including the driver) and powered by a Rover K-Series engine bringing more than 230 bhp to the asphalt manages 0-100 km/h in about 4,5 seconds and doesn't run out of go until at least 260 km/h. Said in a different way, this is as close as you'll come to a Formula 3 car with closed cockpit.

PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, REMEMBER THAT THE CARS MUST HAVE A THREE-DIGIT NUMBER STARTING WITH 1.

Templates

The templates can be found in the same place as the templates for RGT - a.k.a. here

Livery submission deadline

Driver count, class system and setups

A max. of 20 entrants can be signed to the Lightweight GT. These will be placed in one of two classes, based on whether or not they wish to tune the car.

The "Pro" class is for entrants accepting the challenge of tuning their vehicles. They must submit three tunes (and I really don't care if they're all the same) and each tune can at most be used in two rounds.
Each entrant is also given three chances to test their setup on a track used either in the RACE GT or the Lightweight GT. In each test session, each setup is given five laps in which to set a time, the fastest one being passed on to the entrant.

To submit your setups, fill in this form

I cannot stop people who already own the game from cheating and doing some "unofficial testing", but, for the love of good sportsmanship, either play fair or read just below this:

The "Am" class is the GTR2 Series as you know it by now - submit livery, done. No setup adjustments, no test sessions, no nothing.

Each class can at most have 12 entrants.

Points System

1: 10
2: 7
3: 5
4: 3
5: 2
6: 1

Signing up

Signing up must happen through this form

Championship standings

The championship standings can be seen here (will appear on separate "tab")

Attachments

• Car viewer.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 37
  • GTR2 Series carviewer.zip
    5.7 MB · Views: 41
  • RACE GTR2 S2 document.pdf
    524.6 KB · Views: 20
  • Spotter Guide.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 26
  • Lightweight GT.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Forgot to add, at least for the BMW, it'll be necessary to paint the WINDOWS files, as that basically dictates everything right around the windows, not just the windows themselves.

So keep your hands off the actual windows, but feel free to paint anywhere else on that one.

Ok. That leads to my next question: do you want me to sign up again?

That'll be kind of necessary, yes. If you want to be part of this, of course :)

Form submitted. Took me a long while to decide on the car admittingly.

Edit: Watching the google docs getting altered = slightly terrifying.

Form submitted. Took me a long while to decide on the car admittingly.

Edit: Watching the google docs getting altered = slightly terrifying.

Not as easy as when the choice was what the Porsche should look like, now is it? :sly:

There may be some minor glitches in the Matrix. Trying my best to either fix them permanently or as they unearth 👍

Not as easy as when the choice was what the Porsche should look like, now is it? :sly:

There may be some minor glitches in the Matrix. Trying my best to either fix them permanently or as they unearth 👍
I'm trying to put the BMW image over the badge, but everytime I do that, the black circle remains! :nervous::nervous::nervous::nervous::nervous:

Like that actually counted as a choice :lol:

Just after not even being close to championship contention, I just wasn't sure which would get me any closer, or if it doesn't matter and my luck is still crap.

Good to hear. Just was weird watching text get added and it wasn't me doing anything. There be ghosts in mah computah!!

Latest Posts

Back