GTRA | RSeat WSGTC S3 | Round 3 | Spa Francorchamps | Belgian GT

• Thread starter Litchi
  • 374 comments
CSLACR
They tied, isn't that equal ballast? :odd:

No. The ballast goes to the highest finisher in the race, or feature race in a dual heat race. Litchi wanted only 4 drivers per race receiving the ballast, no ties đź‘Ť

No. The ballast goes to the highest finisher in the race, or feature race in a dual heat race. Litchi wanted only 4 drivers per race receiving the ballast, no ties đź‘Ť

So we decided to hand out lucky ballast awards to avoid having to give out ballast?
Or is there some manner in which receiving 23 points is more beneficial than receiving 23 points?

Well, I guess there is now.:boggled:

Shall we call it "the lucky dog award"? :P

Ballast is determined on finishing position rather than the points when it comes to a tie. Cicua got less ballast at Fuji than me despite having the same points. Samething at Laguna. I got less ballast than Cicua despit having same points as well.

It's EVIL, this ballast system! :scared:

Ballast is determined on finishing position rather than the points when it comes to a tie. Cicua got less ballast at Fuji than me despite having the same points. Samething at Laguna. I got less ballast than Cicua despit having same points as well.

It's EVIL, this ballast system! :scared:
I guess it's fine, I'd like to hear at least one reason it's not 100% stupid though. Just one reason why the same amount of points should ever result in different amounts of ballast, anything really, cause I'm at exactly 0 reasons it should be this way.

It was discussed before the season, I assume twisted and Litchi disagreed and decided to change it without so much as telling me though. Neither ever once actually said they disagreed with equal ballast in the case of a tie though.
It's not a big deal overall, just makes absolutely no sense, in any way I can think of.

Bonus points. I got the max bonus points for the round. I got pole and fastest lap and am rewarded with the extra points which give me the same amount of points as Bortech for finishing lower. That's how we ended up on same points.

There's nothing new about people finishing championships on the same points and the person who has the highest finishing position is always regarded as the higher placed driver.

The rules about who gets the ballast if drivers tie have been there since the start. Can't change that now.

Bonus points. I got the max bonus points for the round. I got pole and fastest lap and am rewarded with the extra points which give me the same amount of points as Bortech for finishing lower. That's how we ended up on same points.

There's nothing new about people finishing championships on the same points and the person who has the highest finishing position is always regarded as the higher placed driver.

The rules about who gets the ballast if drivers tie have been there since the start. Can't change that now.
You mean single races, right?
There have to be tiebreakers in championships, there do not have to be tiebreakers in ballast placement.

You are right that it's too late to change it, wrong that it was this way from the start.
It's a loophole that was created after the first race of this season, and a 30KG swing in this case for the "lucky dog" of the week.

There dosnt have to be but there is.

I thought you guys decided what the ballast rules were like a day or 2 before the 1st race?

I'll take the lucky dog tag, better than being the unlucky dog lol. Some sort of consolation for running out if fuel.

Believe me id rather have won, got the points and extra ballast than to be in the position I am right now.

Last edited:
CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps.jpg

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_2.jpg

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_3.jpg

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_6.jpg

Thanks guys. I have a couple more of other drivers in action. đź‘Ť

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_8.jpg

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_7.jpg

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_9.jpg

Last edited:
Back