GTRA | World Super GT Championship | Main | R11 - Nurburgring 24 Hours

  • Thread starter Thread starter Denilson
  • 4,871 comments
  • 233,980 views
Race report:

I had a very good start at the front, clear air with no one in front of me, my plan was to nailed it as hard as i can during my first stint to make a gap between the second place, cause in order for my 3-stopper strategy to work i had to do just that.
i tried to make minimal mistakes if not any, during all my stints, and the GT300 guys were very generous on giving up space for me (Thank you guys).

In the end, i have a comfortable lead throughout the race and just maintaining pace until chequered flag appeared.

Thank you for all the drivers that participates throughout the week, and this time there is no drama on the start (internet connection etc). Except one small bit when Masi forgot to change his transmission :p JK Masi!!

Anyway good fun week 👍
 
Congrats Remy!

Haha i forgot to change it, i was testing cars for the expansion series ;)

Way the go Kam! Podium for IS350 :D
 
Ok guys.. Round 4 is about to kick off.. Both me and OwensRacing got rooms up. Roomnumbers are to be found in the OP. But I'll post the here as well.

On another note:
Please, I really need your help with this. So before you enter your raceroom, make sure to vote.. 👍 I'd greatly appriciate if you did!!

Vote on my friens Toyota Supra in a swedish contest.
Press this link ---> http://www.sonaxbilvard.se/johanna
And then press "like" (you need a facebook account to do this)
Big thx!!!

A few pics of the car.
img_0152-508x381.jpg


Som driving
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55TOw_MAokg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KuCRZKpLLQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ght7lTRiYFs

When you've voted, join D1 or D2. Roomnumbers:

D1: 1472-6399-8494-1420-4580


And as you can see, OwensRacing's room is also up already.
WSGTC2 Division 2 Room Open: Host: OwensRacing

D2: 1472-6118-3658-4758-6358


Don't forget to vote!! 👍

Good luck to all of you to day. 👍

Do as Danilsson says ;)
 
Preliminary Results

90911d88.jpg



Lynchy DC'd on lap 16 and not sure Josh. It was after that. Thinking like 30. Anyone?

No one notice how close me and Scanny finished 0.4 on the line :D. We broke from the pack early and were nose to tail until Scanny went off somewhere between lap14-16 i think then i just managed the gap to 6-7seconds then we both did 1 stop but i think i went 1 lap too long since i lost my lead exiting the pits then i reeled him in, in the later half of the race (lap30-40) and ended up catching him on the second last lap then i tried to get past into the first corner but he braked later so kept his place then i had a second oppertunaty at the chicane but braked to late so i had to hop the chicane and back out then i couldnt get the power down enough to use the slipstreame to pass on the line. a Great race and well done to Scanny and Biffy on winning D2 👍, Also Remy and Adam in D1 👍
 
Good race, but probably made a mistake with my strategy tbh. I knew my tyres would only go 12 laps, so why I tried to do a 2-stopper in a 40 lap race is beyond me, haha :D - Was losing 3-4 seconds per lap in the latter part of each stint because my tyres were so ruined. Gonna blame ballast tbh because the car normally isn't that bad for tyre wear!

Had a great battle with Adam for pretty much the whole race. Tried to break free in the first stint but couldn't quite break the tow down the straight. I think I could have done, but I got a tap from the rear which gave me right rear damage into the chicane quite early on (no problem here btw, not going to report it because it's racing, these things happen!), so for the first stint I kept it steady and tried to save tyres while running 2nd.

Second stint I was already pretty sure I couldn't win the race because my tyre wear was too high, I was losing a lot of time in the latter part of the stint and there was nothing I could do about it. Therefore for my 2nd stop, I pitted 3 laps earlier than I planned, as Adam had managed to break free a bit after traffic worked out better for him than it did for me. I put in some quick laps, with a 2:01.7 as my quickest, with half a tank of fuel and my 80kg of ballast, so quite a good lap without any slipstream at all. By the time Adam came out of the pit lane for his scheduled stop, I was right with him again, having made up I guess 5-6 or more seconds over the course of those 3 laps. Plan by now was to finish 2nd, and ensure I had the bonus points from Pole and Fastest Lap, that way I'd only lose 1 point even if Adam won. Unfortunately, the tow of a Supra had other plans, and despite my harassment, Adam without a doubt took fastest lap by slipstreaming a GT500 for a whole lap D:

Towards the end of the stint I was doing 2:06s even with 6-7 laps to go, so I knew it'd be a struggle to keep the car on circuit in the dying laps, and I could see Kamy had some great race pace to only be about 10 seconds down the road. I thought about staying out, but decided in the end to pit late on, try to steal fastest lap on the final lap, I'd probably finish 3rd, but at least I'd not gain as much ballast that way and might stop Adam gaining too many points!

As I came out the pit lane on Lap 38, I could see Kamy going through Turn 4, and I had Josh just in front of me (for 4th). I quickly passed Josh later that lap to take 3rd, but thought I'd never catch Kamy for 2nd, since he was about 10-15 seconds up the road with 3 laps to go. On the last lap I was almost certainly on for fastest lap of the race, as heading up to the chicane my split time was the quickest I'd managed, even quicker than times I'd managed in practice. However, how the hell I managed it I don't know, but I caught Kamy into the chicane, and he of course defended the position since it was for 2nd in class. I couldn't take the line I wanted, so ended up going as quickly through the chicane as I possibly could, but probably taking a bit too much kerb and overtaking Kamy in the process. I wasn't sure if the pass was legal or not so backed off to let Kamy back past through the final corner, wanted to keep it fair 👍 - and as I say, I never expected to be in the position to be re-taking 2nd anyway! Kamy, your tyres must have been absolutely screwed mate! :D
 
Last edited:
D2 Provisional Results

1.Biffy
2.RedReevos
3.OwensRacing
4.JoKeR-_-SWEDE
5.Scanny_Flick
6.paulmac2k9
7.toyotsupra
8.twistedfirework
9.MULE_9242
10.GTP_Pinoy2
11.Silent_4_Hill
12.MH4wheel

DC's - Lynchy and Joshua1994

Something'S wrong with GT5. I was watching the replay, Scanny and paulmac was battling for 1st and 2nd (paused it on lap 9/40) but on the driver's list paul was 7th.

During the formation lap with GT500, few GT300 cars ghosted for about 5 seconds then suddenly reappear in front of me on the first turn. The rest of the race was fine on my end. :)
 
It was a good night of racing.
Prior to today I wasn't feeling too confident.
I managed to qualify D1 barely. And the Lexus is steel weird to drive for now.
Did a few laps prior to the race and sudenly car felt a little better.
Started carefully and in first laps felt like being held up a little behind Josh and Masi, as I would exit corners a bit better but was hard to overtake car in front of me because it had slipstream aswell and I was being cautious.
Managed to overtake Josh after Masi had pitted but in worn tires I outbraked at the chicane and as I was trying to keep wide to let Josh through there was a bit of lag and I got light damage on left wheel and pited pronto.
After Mole and Adam pited I was less than 5 sec behind them and managed to keep that distance till the last laps of that stint when they started to gap me as I lost a bit of focus with the GT 500s going by. Almost got hit at the chicane.
pited again and 3rd stint would be longer so I took it easy. Last 2 laps were epic. I didn't notice Mole was behind me till 1/2 laps to finish. Didn't see him pit. Then I tried to push a little but tires were gone. As he said he caught me heading to the chicane and I took the inside line and braked late but went a little wide and may have pushed him to the curb. He then had a very sportmanship gesture letting me regain my spot. 👍
I was really under pressure on that last lap.
 
I don't know whether it was because MH4wheel lagged behind a bit, or I was too fast, but I ended up passing him before the GT300 start. I quickly realized this, and let him back by me to (hopefully :/) avoid a penalty, but in the process let everyone behind him by as well.

Was able to get back up to 4th, but that pretty much ended my race. 1-stopper did nother to help, either.
 
Any NTSC replay files? We need lap times for both divisions.
 
Provisional D1 results

Remy_K (1:56.042)
Paginas (1:56.449) + 18.784
dantedani36 (1:36.455) + 48.051
C-Falcon89 (1:56.774) + 58.510
Wardez (1:56.385) + 1:00.932
chorda (1:56.309) + 1:23.684
SupraPhant0m (1:57.227) + 1:41.442

GTP_Aderrrm (2:01.283)
KamyKaze1098 (2:02.829) + 30.386
Moleman (2:01.795) + 31.108
Josh_F_1998 (2:03.220) + 42.269
Shrugging_Atlas (2:02.994) + 1:01.799
SteelToedSloth (2:03.945) + 1:25.400
GTP_Masicampo DC'd at lap 25/40 = 0,625 = 63% = 6p Race Completion Bonus

Stewards are going thru replays and reports.
 
Denilson
Stewards are going thru replays and reports.

Can someone check me through the chicane lap 10 to 20.
I might be abusimg there. Also if some euro driver could upload replay that would be great.
 
Hello GTP members , :-) i had fun this day, i hope you enjoyed too.
 
Last edited:
GTP_Pinoy2: I'm sorry to say. But that's a 25 second penalty.
No doubt.

Reason:
Corner rights. The ahead driver got the right to drive his line. You're not alongside at all. So you have to let Silent_4_Hill take his line of choice. If you had been alongside, you got the right to the inside.
Same thing happened in D1 GT500 between Wardez and dantedani36. The big difference was that Wardez was alongside dantedani36 at the turn in point. And therefore got the rights to his side (inside in this case) of the circuit.
 
Hello GTP members , :-) i had funthis day, i hope you enjoyed too.

two actions were happends at today's race i'm afraid,,,

disqualified actually, did'nt finished the race.
However, this video ( that shows the actions ) well be removed in about 3 hours. ( HD Quality )




Glad to hear you had a good time. That's what this is all about! 👍
 
The video shows Pinoy making a bad move. However the Subaru was victim it appeared as if you over throttled the car spinning in front of the Subaru.
 
The video shows Pinoy making a bad move. However the Subaru was victim it appeared as if you over throttled the car spinning in front of the Subaru.

yes, the Subra action was clean.
 
The video shows Pinoy making a bad move. However the Subaru was victim it appeared as if you over throttled the car spinning in front of the Subaru.
👍 and 👍
 
Race Report - Started 5th, Finished 14th.

Started 5th. The first few laps was a struggle with the draft. I was hoping to catch up with the lead pack (Aderrrm, Tony, and Shrugg) but i had my own battle with Josh. I thought i was being held back.. around lap four, braking down to turn 3, i felt a delay with the break causing me to slid up to Josh. That gave my right front suspension some damage - steering was bent pretty bad to the right. I thought it was too early to pit so i stayed out. Had trouble through the corners so i lost a few spots - decided to pit since i knew i was losing a few seconds a lap with the damage.

Came out alone, tried my best to churn out fast laps but then i decided to conserve to make it a 2 stop strategy instead of 3 because of my unscheduled stop. My tires were really worn out after about 12 laps, couldbt hold on and spun out at ford corner :( Someone caught up to me, not sure if it was kamy or shrug, so i went ahead and did my last stop (lap 20)... was just logging laps and conserving tires to the end by then - until Teh interwebs gave out and tooks teh fun :( DC'd at lap 25.

FIN.
 
Last edited:
Race report:

Started out in 7th.
I decided to try and stay close to the pack, but not get involved in any fighting. But I found myself doing just that by lap 2.. There was a bit of mayham thru fist corner a bit up in the pack. Wardez, C-Falcon89 and dantedani36 i believe. Which made Remy get away. And he's way to quick when he get free air.. He just blew us away. And by the end of lap 1, he had a 5-7 second lead because of our fighting in the pack. By lap 7, I had still not pulled 1 single lap below the 2 minute mark. And I was thinking that I need to pit to get away from all the fighting. But as the laps went on, a few incidents later and so on, my tires was in pretty good condition, so decided to switch from a 3 to a 2 stopper.
And I stayed out until lap 14 on my first set of tyres.. Doin 58's in the end of the stint which was pretty good in my book. And when I came out of the pits for the first time, I felt quick. And I cought up to C-Fal and Remy for a while as they were on a 3 stopper I suppose. Well, C-Fal was defenetly on a 3 stopper. And as the race continued, I saw some light after my slow 1st stint.. I ran in 3rd behind dantedani36. But I had good concistancu now, and the gap got smaller and smaller. Perhaps .3-.4 / lap.
By the end of my 2nd stint, I got cought up by Paginas, and since I thought he was on a 3 stopper, I assumed he was on much better tires, so I let him pas me without a fight. I thought I could use him to catch up to dantedani even faster. And so I did.. At lap 27, dantedani36 went in to the pits. I wanted to do that as well, but since I was up his tail, I was thinking that I could loose 3-4 seconds behind him in the pit lane. So I stayed out. My tireas was worn pretty bad atm, but I had to gamble a bit.

So by lap 28, I pitted, and was waiting for dantedani36 to pass me since he had one more lap on better tires. As I was approaching my pit crew, the AI said that I had to refuel 12 litres... I said: "H*** no!" I did'nt think I needed that much extra fule for the last stint. And by the looks of my fuel gauge, I was right.. But for some reason, my car consmed a lot more fuel during tha last stint.. I did put in 9 litres of fuel.. So I felt safe and did not think about that any more.. SO.. I exit the pits, and I see dantedani36 about 3-4 seconds behind me. And I felt good. I knew I had to keep the distance for about 2 laps while my tires gained temperature. He cought up to me by a second or 2, but never close enogh to get my slip.

And from here on, around lap 30 I had Paginas in my sight, aiming for 2nd and a 1,2 win for team XANAVI GT-R since Remy_K was about 25 seconds ahead of Paginas I thought.
So I was chasing Paginas like I've never chased one before.. My god, I pushed, and I pushed. Thing was, that I did gain on him by small steps each lap, probably ,2.. I ran 4 seconds behind him. And by the end of lap 37 I was only 2 seconds behind. And then the trouble started. First, a few GT300's that I cought up with in bad places, cost me most sertainly 3-4 seconds in total. Ofc Paginas lost some time to try and lap them as well, but I really think I had a slightly tougher way around them. So, when lap 40 begins, I was 1,8 seconds behind.. And I saw that he was going to catsch up with a GT300 in the left/right combination in the beginning of sector 2. I smiled and said to my self.. "I got you b****" ;)
SO, this lonely GT300 got cought up exactly where I thought it would happend, and Paginas lost about ,5 as we stormed down towards the hairpin. And I knew I would get draft drom him thru the Schumachers S, and on the back straight.. Quick math told me I had a really good opportunity to end up in 2.nd.. And exactly, EXACTLY, when I was done with this little calculation, and was about to storm past the GT300 towards the hairpin, my fule ran out. And it was alooong way to the finishline. I knew I had some distance down to dantedani36, but I never thought he would not catch up.. But he did... and C-Fal... and Wardez.. Only SupraPhant0m left. And if he did, I would go from a fight for 2nd to 7th in half a lap.. But he had a lot of trouble during the race so my distance to him was to great. So, I ended up in 6th.

Well. still no ballast, which is a good thing.. But my points are no where to be seen. I need to up my game, and it starts next week at Monza!
 
GTP_Pinoy2: I'm sorry to say. But that's a 25 second penalty.
No doubt.

Reason:
Corner rights. The ahead driver got the right to drive his line. You're not alongside at all. So you have to let Silent_4_Hill take his line of choice. If you had been alongside, you got the right to the inside.
Same thing happened in D1 GT500 between Wardez and dantedani36. The big difference was that Wardez was alongside dantedani36 at the turn in point. And therefore got the rights to his side (inside in this case) of the circuit.

No argument about that, definitely my fault. Just saw the replay. :)
 
👍
 
That was good racing last night chaps but maybe I did more overtaking passing slower GT300 class then my own class. Maybe next season we can bring back the return of the Honda Epson NSX?
 
The Epon's been banned because it performs so badly. We would need to reduce the performance of everything else to dring it down to Epson NSX levels. I don't know if we'd wanna go through the work. There's just about the right amount of cars available at the moment on each side. Pretty great if you ask me so far.

Epson's not a good car. The cars we have now are about as balanced as they can get.
 
Too bad that is it would nice to have atleast 4 different types of NSX competing for the win in GT500. Anyways good racin want it last night did you enjoy it? :)
 
Yeah it was pretty fun. Lonely most of the time but good. Just looking forward to Monza.
 
Do you think the NSX will be strong there?

Edit: im off too oulton park today to watch some racing today have a good day:)
 
Oh can I say D1 was a Scooby vs Lexus battle. :D

I'm actually struggling with my Lexus setup at the moment. Understeer on corner entry oversteer on the way out.
But yesterday it felt better.
 
Hi erm on lap 24 d1 i cut the chicane while i was looking behind me to see how close c-falcon89 was because i had to let him past and i missed my braking point so dont no if i'd get a penalty or not
 
Anyone got a room open?
 
Back