GTS credit grinding not ecological..

• Thread starter Haitauer
  • 199 comments
Finland
Finland
HI-tauer
So.. are the grinders destroying the planet? :scared:;)

If one grinds 2.2M 8h autodrive races for the expensive cars, thats 140W per hour if just the ps4 is running. This gives you equivalent of approx. 10180W per 20mil car. So you use 10kwh of electricity per an unicorn. Thats 1-1.5$/€ in your electricity bill.

Not quite the effect of crypto currency mining, but thousands of people doing this on top of the usual playing hours is far from optimal.

I plead to PDI to close this possibility for the planets sake and give us a way to collect more credit by playing. Give us that 2,2m for say 1 hour of demanding racing instead.

Last edited:
So.. are the grinders destroying the planet?

If one grinds 2.2M 8h autodrive races for the expensive cars, thats 140W per hour if just the ps4 is running. This gives you equivalent of approx. 10180W per 20mil car. So you use 10kwh of electricity per an unicorn. Thats 10-15$/€ in your electricity bill.

Not quite the effect of crypto currency mining, but thousands of people doing this on top of the usual playing hours is far from optimal.

I plead to PDI to close this possibility for the planets sake and give us a way to collect more credit by playing. Give us that 2,2m for say 1 hour of demanding racing instead.
Maybe we can all attach our appliances to hamster wheels? This will save the planet :lol:

In all seriousness, the planet is fine. Don't buy into doomsday scenarios and live your life.

There's a big push for renewable energy in the world and it's a growing market.

Al Gore said we'd all be underwater right now, and those idiots gave him a nobel prize for that tripe...

Don't believe everything you read. The Earth is a self sustainable ecosystem. I'd be more worried about the corporations that pollute on purpose, rather than some people using their own electric that they have paid for.

Have a great day :cheers:

Maybe we can all attach our appliances to hamster wheels? This will save the planet :lol:

In all seriousness, the planet is fine. Don't buy into doomsday scenarios and live your life.

There's a big push for renewable energy in the world and it's a growing market.

Al Gore said we'd all be underwater right now, and those idiots gave him a nobel prize for that tripe...

Don't believe everything you read. The Earth is a self sustainable ecosystem. I'd be more worried about the corporations that pollute on purpose, rather than some people using their own electric that they have paid for.

Have a great day :cheers:

You kind of missed the point there - its not about the planet as much as to underline how idiotic this grinding requirement is in GTS. I guess i failed to bring out the hint of sarcasm in my message. :lol: Even though in worst case scenario of every night grinding you will spend 400KWh in a year wich is a lot for such a redundant activity.

That said - the planet is not ok if everything grows at this rate and we keep wasting recources for stupid things similar to using 8-10 times more electricity to GTS credits than should be needed in any game. And im not an nature activis or anything, but actually a realistic average person with studies from industrial economy university. The problem with the planet is not yet here, but it will be if we are not able to change the direction we are going quickly enough. And the problem is not so much the western industry more and more supplied by renewable energy in western world but the consumption of the western world being fullfilled by the less developed industry elsewhere.

But hey lets not concentrate so much on the environment politics on this forum - even though it IS called Gtplanet:embarrassed:, but on the dum grinding system instead. :cheers:

Last edited:
You kind of missed the point there - its not about the planet as much as to underline how idiotic this grinding requirement is in GTS. I guess i failed to bring out the hint of sarcasm in my message. :lol: Even though in worst case scenario of every night grinding you will spend 400KWh in a year wich is a lot for such a redondant activity.

That said - the planet is not ok if everything grows at this rate and we keep wasting recources for stupid things similar to using 8-10 times more electricity to GTS credits than should be needed in any game. And im not an nature activis or anything but a realistic average person with studies from industrial economy university. The problem with the planet is not yet here, but it will be if we are not able to change the direction we are going quickly enough. And the problem is not so much the western industry more and more supplied by renewable energy in western world but the consumption of the western world being fullfilled by the less developed industry elsewhere.

But hey lets not concentrate so much on the environment politics on this forum - even though it IS called Gtplanet:embarrassed:, but on the dum grinding system instead. :cheers:
Well, planetary ecological issues to one side then, it's easy to earn credits in game. For me personally, I don't subscribe to the playstyle of auto grinding.

I've driven every single metre of this game, have earned 152 Million credits in 190 days logged, and have most of the high rollers and cars in total from just game play.

The issue of the game is people just focus on Sport Mode and can't be bothered actually playing the single player elements of the game anymore.

I enjoy doing a few single player races per day. It's not hard to earn money in game. I've got 12 million just sitting right now and i'm building it to 20 again :lol:

I do feel we need more reward from Sport Mode though however. But there's more to the game than just this. If Sport Mode gave the highest prizes then PD obviously knows that absolutely nobody would drive A Spec mode. Ever.

But GT games have always had low pay out races. It's always been a series issue by design to keep people playing.

I guess it's Kaz's game and he designs the grind at his own will. For me, personally, it doesn't bother me. I just play, earn, and enjoy the product.

I've driven every single metre of this game, have earned 152 Million credits in 190 days logged, and have most of the high rollers and cars in total from just game play.

The issue of the game is people just focus on Sport Mode and can't be bothered actually playing the single player elements of the game anymore.

I do feel we need more reward from Sport Mode though however. But there's more to the game than just this. If Sport Mode gave the highest prizes then PD obviously knows that absolutely nobody would drive A Spec mode. Ever.

Exactly my issue with the game. I almost solely drive sport mode as i cant find interest in singleplayer side anymore due to no real challenge in races. I have driven 60000+ km and 400+ hour drive time in the game and earned 39M in that time so id be able to buy ONE unicorn if i hadnt bought much more. Thats ridiculous payout from hundrets of hours of play time in sport mode.

Exactly my issue with the game. I almost solely drive sport mode as i cant find interest in singleplayer side anymore due to no real challenge in races. I have driven 60000+ km and 400+ hour drive time in the game and earned 39M in that time so id be able to buy ONE unicorn if i hadnt bought much more. Thats ridiculous payout from hundrets of hours of play time in sport mode.

Well i've driven 46,504.852 Km, 544 hours driven and earnt 152,466,040 credits in that time. I've got to say that if you want cars in the game, then you've got to earn them.

I have a friend who has driven 80,000 kms +. He only likes to drive in cruise lobbies. He won't grind or play sport mode at all.

And this friend is annoyed,somewhat, that I have high rollers in the game. And is annoyed at PD for not letting him buy them with real money.

This is a long time, day 1, GT, GT2, GT3, GT4, GT5P, GT5, GT6 and now GTS owner. He knows how GT works and how you get cars. And that's play the single player mode.

I'm sorry to say but I have zero sympathy for him. I can't stand credit card warriors who are too lazy to earn nice rewards in games etc.

So really the best way is play campaign. Challenge yourself to make it interesting. Push for fast laps whilst you earn big money. There's lots of ways to be motivated.

Overall I have little sympathy, if any, for those who don't want to play a game to get good rewards from it.

Don't be one of those people.

Earn your rewards and be proud of your achievements. You can't complain about not having something, when that something is right in front of you and not that difficult to do.

Before this gets locked - as I am sure it will....

I fly over London, Birmingham, Glasgow and any other city at midnight and almost every office block is lit up...

Every single Starbucks, Costa Coffee and all the other "fast food" outlets, leave all the geysers and boilers running all night every night because they won't pay some one to go in early and switch them on in a morning...

They will pump 350,000 gallons of water onto a race course so her royal highness can watch a horse race....

I reckon a little bit of a grind is neither here nor there in the grand scheme of things!

Best regards.

Ian.

"Grind" is the problem there. I rather use my time in enjoyable racing. Grinding is a waste of time and recources in every way.
Grinding 2 million credits an hour is outstanding, and there is no need to get anymore credits an hour.

Edit: If you only do Sport Mode races well do the GT league races to earn cedits.

Last edited:
I almost solely drive sport mode as i cant find interest in singleplayer side anymore due to no real challenge in races. I have driven 60000+ km and 400+ hour drive time in the game and earned 39M in that time so id be able to buy ONE unicorn if i hadnt bought much more. Thats ridiculous payout from hundrets of hours of play time in sport mode.

Out of curiosity, what is a win in each of the weekly races worth credit wise?

The grinding is just not fun, I just reached 10.5M after 290 days, I want 5M for a Muira, but 2,5M will get me a 250 GTO. At the present rate thats 145 additional days for the Muira or 73 hours for the GTO. I decided on driving around in cars I actually want to drive in Assetto Corsa Ultimate.

The grinding is just not fun, I just reached 10.5M after 290 days, I want 5M for a Muira, but 2,5M will get me a 250 GTO. At the present rate thats 145 additional days for the Muira or 73 hours for the GTO. I decided on driving around in cars I actually want to drive in Assetto Corsa Ultimate.

Three nine minute races per day on monza no chicane with a Group 1 car on gt league nets 20 million in 20 days.

I do races like these as a warm up each day for my daily car.

What happened to this community in not wanting to earn cars?

Did Assetto and Pcars giving access to all cars from the get go make everyone look at GT as pointless?

Boggles my mind.

The option to have the game earn money while you sleep is the only thing that makes the game playable IMO. If they do close that off, they need to hugely increase the credits earned for Sport Mode related activities such as free practice and qualifying, lobby practice, as well as races. I think it would be reasonable if those activities returned enough that you can buy every car in the game after, say, 200 hours of gameplay. I think you need around 280m credits to buy all the cars? So if those activities returned 1.4m per hour, that would be fine with me. I don't see it as reasonable to expect players to play the game in a way they don't want to, just to earn credits, all activities in the game should pay out at the same rate so people can play the game how they want to.

Three nine minute races per day on monza no chicane with a Group 1 car on gt league nets 20 million in 20 days.

I do races like these as a warm up each day for my daily car.

What happened to this community in not wanting to earn cars?

Did Assetto and Pcars giving access to all cars from the get go make everyone look at GT as pointless?

Boggles my mind.

Really!!!
It isnt mind boggling, I could spend the 27 minutes driving around Monza for credits, or I could spend the time driving either of the two cars I mentioned in AC, what would be mind boggling would be the belief that you must agree wholeheartedly with me.

Really!!!
It isnt mind boggling, I could spend the 27 minutes driving around Monza for credits, or I could spend the time driving either of the two cars I mentioned in AC, what would be mind boggling would be the belief that you must agree wholeheartedly with me.

Then i'd suggest Gran Turismo is not the game for you my friend.

As the foundational game mechanic for Gran Turismo is to actually to drive and earn the cars ,then AC would definitely be more the experience you are looking for.

But yet you're posting in a Gran Turismo thread. And not an AC one. :odd:

Maybe we could all go to solar power for our PS's; two things could happen we drain the suns power plus reduce global warming.💡:dunce::lol::banghead:

I think PD is trying to address the massive carbon footprint of these selfish, planet murdering grinders with ecologically friendly, save your fuel and tyre FiA races. If you didn't grind for unicorns, we could all have heavier right feet with fresh rubber halfway through the race, but no. You'd rather we raced on blistered tyres and fuel mix 3. So damned selfish.:crazy:

(I may not be taking this topic too seriously.)

Grinding 2 million credits an hour is outstanding, and there is no need to get anymore credits an hour.

Edit: If you only do Sport Mode races well do the GT league races to earn cedits.

We get that you like grinding. There is no need for you to mention it any more in any threads where people don’t like it. Even if they created a way for everyone else to not have to grind there is nothing that is going to stop you from having the ability to continue grinding.

Earning credits by playing Sport-mode in a game called GT Sport, a game that’s focused around Sport-mode, a game that launched without Gt league? That doesn’t sound right, not right at all.
:boggled:

We get that you like grinding. There is no need for you to mention it any more in any threads where people don’t like it. Even if they created a way for everyone else to not have to grind there is nothing that is going to stop you from having the ability to continue grinding.
I can mention about Grinding in any thread I like, so please don't tell me what I should do.

then you've got to earn them

Overall I have little sympathy, if any, for those who don't want to play a game to get good rewards from it.

Before this gets locked - as I am sure it will....

I fly over London, Birmingham, Glasgow and any other city at midnight and almost every office block is lit up...

Every single Starbucks, Costa Coffee and all the other "fast food" outlets, leave all the geysers and boilers running all night every night because they won't pay some one to go in early and switch them on in a morning...

They will pump 350,000 gallons of water onto a race course so her royal highness can watch a horse race....

I reckon a little bit of a grind is neither here nor there in the grand scheme of things!

Best regards.

Ian.

to actually to drive and earn the cars

"Earn" - 555 races in sport mode 254 top5 finishes against HUMAN opponents and you speak how people should "earn" the cars by grinding against dumb slow ai. Hilarious.

And who still hangs on the click bait of enviroment politics - yes the waste of energy for grinding is not that big of a deal compared to industry, but its this very type of mentality supporting the waste of recources. Why waste them when its completely unnesessary? Just because you can? :cheers::lol:

Out of curiosity, what is a win in each of the weekly races worth credit wise?

If I recall Ive had something like 130k max with clean race bonus. Might be wrong. But with average top five finish and quite few races with some minor bumps thus no clean bonus you are looking at 30k-50k per race most of the time.

Last edited:

The moment I saw this thread, I was wondering if, among the comments, I'd find you banging the same old drums you've always been, in the same exact way you've always been (and that's just a small selection): with an argument that's all claim and no backing. Or data. Not even the simplest of qualifiers, which raises a whole range of questions on its own.

Kudos to you, though. You've managed three entire posts in this thread without going on an incoherent rant about how players are constantly "moaning and groaning about the credits system" and how they "want everything in 5 minutes" or how it's not the game's fault people have lives that occationally need tending to. Which.. actually makes me concerned for you. Are you sure you're OK?

And just because I can predict what the rebuttal to this post will be - not just from you specifically, but from an uncomfortably large number of people in this thread - I ask you all:

Exactly what is the problem you have with making the meta grind (just so we aren't comparing apples to oranges), say, 5 hours? Rather than the 10 it is currently? Has there been an actual scientific study that proves a direct correlation between how desirable a collection of polygons you can't directly interact with, has no value but the one dictated by a piece of software you bought for real money and will eventually expire as a result of being used in said piece of software (wait, apart from the bit where you can't buy the 10+ million cars with real money, this is just that premium-weapon-durability thing all over again! That explains so much) and the time (actually, make that genuine effort instead. Let's leave out any and all arguments that involve rubber bands) invested? Because if there is, I'd like to see that graph - and in its entirety.

:lol::lol::lol:

Then i'd suggest Gran Turismo is not the game for you my friend.

As the foundational game mechanic for Gran Turismo is to actually to drive and earn the cars ,then AC would definitely be more the experience you are looking for.

But yet you're posting in a Gran Turismo thread. And not an AC one. :odd:

So maybe your first sentence isnt really correct!!!

So maybe your first sentence isnt really correct!!!

The sentence is extremely correct. Note the "and" between "drive" and "earn" - you want to drive the cars, we get that. We also get that you don't want to put in the work to get the credits for them, no problem in that, that's your choice. It just means that you won't be driving them in this game any time soon.

The entire problem is blown badly out of proportion though. The cars costing ridiculously much are models that are not needed to compete in the Sport mode, the actual core of the game. They're more like trophies for those who've decided to get them. Admittedly one of them is necessary to complete the Nostalgic 1979 races but if completing every race of the GT League is one's goal, the rest of the races pay so well that it won't take a lot of grinding to get one. Not to mention that the Sport mode itself pays pretty well when actually doing well, sure finishing in the lower half of the grid won't make anybody a millionaire soon but make it to the podium with a clean race bonus and a new Gr3 car is a day's job.

Now, if someone bought GT Sport solely for hot lapping... it's not exactly the game developers' fault.

I honestly don't mind if you grind or don't @Haitauer. I'll just enjoy my 20 million cars and never moan about not being motivated enough to earn them, because I overplay the lowest paying races and don't explore the entire game I purchased.

Or, in the case I gave about a friend of mine, not being able to buy them with a credit card.

Either way, my Ferrari P4, Ford Mark IV, Jaguar XJ13, Ferrari 250 GTO and others... Are superb drives in the game :cheers:.

Back