GTS credit grinding not ecological..

• Thread starter Haitauer
  • 199 comments
Blimey!!!
A couple of live ones here :lol::lol:
Grind away guys, I will continue to enjoy GTSport without the grind.đź‘Ť

I honestly don't mind if you grind or don't @Haitauer. I'll just enjoy my 20 million cars and never moan about not being motivated enough to earn them, because I overplay the lowest paying races and don't explore the entire game I purchased.

Or, in the case I gave about a friend of mine, not being able to buy them with a credit card.

Either way, my Ferrari P4, Ford Mark IV, Jaguar XJ13, Ferrari 250 GTO and others... Are superb drives in the game :cheers:.

Im happy for you. :cheers::lol::lol:

I think Gran Turismo Sport = Sport Mode. That is the main feature they develop. Offline races are there just to keep happy the people who cant handle the challenge of human opponents
;)

It is the official figure i guess. Ps4 when running a game should be around 140W. Just approximate ofcourse.
I thought I'd ask first, as the plug socket where mine is plugged in is a bit hard to access, but I've just scrabbled about on the floor to get at it, and measured it. It's more like 75W, though the figure jumps about a bit above and below that. That's for the currently sold base PS4 slim.

Im happy for you. :cheers::lol::lol:

I think Gran Turismo Sport = Sport Mode. That is the main feature they develop. Offline races are there just to keep happy the people who cant handle the challenge of human opponents
;)
That's a nice attempt at an insult, but i'm not biting to it :lol:

I could tell you that my top 5 rate is higher than yours, (it is), and that I don't go around making moaning threads about how 'only muh sport mode should pay me millions'....

But i'll let this ridiculous thread run it's course. You can't help the lazy. So i'm not here to convert :lol:

Have a nice day though. And i'll like your post to show gentlemanly racer conduct :P

The sentence is extremely correct. Note the "and" between "drive" and "earn" - you want to drive the cars, we get that. We also get that you don't want to put in the work to get the credits for them, no problem in that, that's your choice. It just means that you won't be driving them in this game any time soon.

The entire problem is blown badly out of proportion though. The cars costing ridiculously much are models that are not needed to compete in the Sport mode, the actual core of the game. They're more like trophies for those who've decided to get them. Admittedly one of them is necessary to complete the Nostalgic 1979 races but if completing every race of the GT League is one's goal, the rest of the races pay so well that it won't take a lot of grinding to get one. Not to mention that the Sport mode itself pays pretty well when actually doing well, sure finishing in the lower half of the grid won't make anybody a millionaire soon but make it to the podium with a clean race bonus and a new Gr3 car is a day's job.

Now, if someone bought GT Sport solely for hot lapping... it's not exactly the game developers' fault.

A side note;
The sentence "Then i'd suggest Gran Turismo is not the game for you my friend." doesn't contain the words 'and' or 'drive' .:cheers:

I thought I'd ask first, as the plug socket where mine is plugged in is a bit hard to access, but I've just scrabbled about on the floor to get at it, and measured it. It's more like 75W, though the figure jumps about a bit above and below that. That's for the currently sold base PS4 slim.

I think there must be quite a lot sway there depending on the strain you put to the system.

I think there must be quite a lot sway there depending on the strain you put to the system.
That was measured during a 10 minute endurance race, everything exactly as you'd have it for an 8 hour 2.2m credits race. It was consistent at that level throughout, jumping up and down between the 60s, 70s and 80s, but averaging around 75-80W.

Another point worth making is that if I instead drove the campaign races to make the same money, I haven't measured their power consumption but my TV is old and rated at 270W, and my wheel would use some power as well. So an hour with those two things on may well consume the same power as several hours of only having the PS4 on for unattended credit earning.

Last edited:
That was measured during a 10 minute endurance race, everything exactly as you'd have it for an 8 hour 2.2m credits race. It was consistent at that level throughout, jumping up and down between the 60s, 70s and 80s, but averaging around 75-80W.

Well that saves half of the planet, but that is still a lot of unnessessary KWh..:lol:

Not really into watching South Park, but the car earning system in recent GT's remind of the episode where they leveled up their WoW characters by grinding early lvl wild boars... buckets under their gaming chairs.
That's my vision of people who grind for 20mil. cars...
But I wonder wheter it's any worse, than running your PS4 alone during night times for total of 80h, just to get one unicorn car!? That's a full playthrough of The Wither 3.
Maybe such wasting mentality is normal in a big city, where a large Coca Cola sign across the street is lighting your entire apartment red...

Last edited:
Grinding for credits isn't even a problem though tbh.

I haven't dropped below 30mil in a long time, purely because we get gifted cars pretty often anyway & at this point there's not many cars I actually need to buy.

But really, because grinding credits isn't even really a grind... just doing races in the single player mode pays boat loads.

The real problem is the XP grind, that's absolutely the most disgusting, horrific grind I can ever remember in any game, and as far as im aware blue moon bay with the xbow is still the best way of grinding XP.

level 40 is something like 350K total XP... level 50 is 2.3 million xp I think.

Absolutely absurd, the amount of time we put into sport mode, its unbelievable that sport mode isn't the best way to earn XP.

Ahh yes, the credit grinding community at it again, bragging about all the “hard work” they’ve put into the game to “earn” their trophy cars. It makes me laugh every single time. My absolute favourite is the audacity of someone who puts in hundreds of hours grinding against dumb-as-a-lamp-post AI, calling someone with a real job, real money, and a credit card “lazy”. The mental gymnastics these people are pulling in order to justify saying these things is absolutely stupendous....but I’ve learned there’s no point in arguing with them. They’re so far off the deep end, there’s no saving them.

These people are not good at sport mode, and they do not support PD with their credit card, yet they feel they have the right to tell other people how they should and should not enjoy the game, simply because “that’s how GT works”, or some similarly nonsensical justification.

At this point, the only solution to this argument is to let it go, and let PD make their decisions for the next GT, and let’s see how it effects sales now that GT has competition and the genre is becoming saturated. Time will tell.

You are not wrong. But if we are going down this route, what's the point of having a gaming console? A TV? Or, god forbid, a racing wheel?

It took me 3 months of lobby races to earn enough for the Shelby Daytona and England had a very hot summer. Coincidence?:odd:

A side note;
The sentence "Then i'd suggest Gran Turismo is not the game for you my friend." doesn't contain the words 'and' or 'drive' .:cheers:

This thread must've lowered my IQ points for the day.

What??

Are you trying to correct some grammar that you feel is incorrect?

Are you an English teacher who never goes off the clock?

Or, is my sentence actually punctually correct, but you don't speak English?

As I said:
Then i'd suggest Gran Turismo is not the game for you my friend.

So please educate me on what on Earth you're talking about with the above.

The whole class now wants to know!

So please educate me on what on Earth you're talking about with the above.

Probably my unforgivable mistake to replying to the bolded part. Not worth spending any more time on because no opinions are going to chance, only a few persons' blood pressures are.

Ahh yes, the credit grinding community at it again, bragging about all the “hard work” they’ve put into the game to “earn” their trophy cars. It makes me laugh every single time. My absolute favourite is the audacity of someone who puts in hundreds of hours grinding against dumb-as-a-lamp-post AI, calling someone with a real job, real money, and a credit card “lazy”. The mental gymnastics these people are pulling in order to justify saying these things is absolutely stupendous....but I’ve learned there’s no point in arguing with them. They’re so far off the deep end, there’s no saving them.

These people are not good at sport mode, and they do not support PD with their credit card, yet they feel they have the right to tell other people how they should and should not enjoy the game, simply because “that’s how GT works”, or some similarly nonsensical justification.

At this point, the only solution to this argument is to let it go, and let PD make their decisions for the next GT, and let’s see how it effects sales now that GT has competition and the genre is becoming saturated. Time will tell.

As this post is aimed at me, you could at least tag me in it. If you'd like to tag me, and have me refute all your points one by one, then you know what to do :cheers:

As this post is aimed at me, you could at least tag me in it. If you'd like to tag me, and have me refute all your points one by one, then you know what to do :cheers:
Wasn’t aimed at you in particular. You’re not the only one on this website to repeat the same drivel about how grinding is a core mechanic of the GT experience. I’ve been down this road with folks like you before, don’t care to do it again.

Wasn’t aimed at you in particular. You’re not the only one on this website to repeat the same drivel about how grinding is a core mechanic of the GT experience. I’ve been down this road with folks like you before, don’t care to do it again.

So in previous GTs then, just how did you manage to buy cars?

If not having to grind the most profitable races for them?

As you say, playing the game to earn cars is 'drivel'. Teach me the ways of enlightenment so that I can have all the cars, (as I asume you do), from not actually playing it?

Also you will waste 1 hour of your life everyday by doing a boring thing.
Well if you find Grinding for credits Boring in GT games perhaps the game it is not for you to play, and that goes for everyone else who complains about Grinding. There are other racing games to play that don't have a credit system, so go and play them.

So.. are the grinders destroying the planet? :scared:;)

No, India and China are destroying the planet.

If you’re posting here from a westernized country there’s nothing you could do in your life that could match the pollutant footprint from a counterpart in either one of these developing countries.

It’s all lies that liberal legislators are telling you so that they can further tax the parcels you live on, your transportation, and even the air you breathe.

“Eat burgers made out of crickets and set your A/C to 86° at night”
“Oh and lick my boot while you’re at it”

Current state of. Such is life.

Well if you find Grinding for credits Boring in GT games perhaps the game it is not for you to play, and that goes for everyone else who complains about Grinding. There are other racing games to play that don't have a credit system, so go and play them.
How about the game offers everyone an option when they first run it up, they can choose whether they want a grinding game, or a game where they just have all the cars available from the start. You can have your grinding game that you so love, and those who don't like that can just get on with enjoying driving the cars. How can it be bad to make the game more enjoyable for more people?

If you’re posting here from a westernized country there’s nothing you could do in your life that could match the pollutant footprint from a counterpart in either one of these developing countries.

It’s all lies that liberal legislators are telling you so that they can further tax the parcels you live on, your transportation, and even the air you breathe.

:eek:

How about the game offers everyone an option when they first run it up, they can choose whether they want a grinding game, or a game where they just have all the cars available from the start. You can have your grinding game that you so love, and those who don't like that can just get on with enjoying driving the cars. How can it be bad to make the game more enjoyable for more people?
Gran Turismo will not offer everyone an option, because this is Gran Turismo and if you don't like a Credit System, well go and play a racing game that does not require Grinding.

Im not saying grinding credits is boring in GT games. Im saying grinding credits is boring in GT sport.

Im not going to continue this arguement because you are an ignorant thinks wasting whole life on screen by doing the exact race over and over again is fine and anyone who doesnt like should quit the game. Yeah whatever you say pal.

That is true - in a way. Im actually from Finland so I know all about big investments with very little effect globally. Just the yearly growth in co2 in India is multiple time bigger than the whole co2 pollution of Finland - and still we use billions to meet the co2 cuts in EU agreements. :lol:

But like I said before - a lot of the industry in China, India and elsewhere far east are producing the goods for western consumption. Thus we have "blood in our hands" from Chinese pollution. :scared:;)

Our best way of helping the case is to get China and India to use the clean tech, filtration equipment etc. , Finland for one is pioneering. Sadly the developing countries are not interested in "wasting" money to this tech at this point. :indiff:

Last edited:
Im not saying grinding credits is boring in GT games. Im saying grinding credits is boring in GT sport.

Im not going to continue this arguement because you are an ignorant thinks wasting whole life on screen by doing the exact race over and over again is fine and anyone who doesnt like should quit the game. Yeah whatever you say pal.
You don't have to do the same race over and over, so please just enjoy the game.

So.. are the grinders destroying the planet? :scared:;)

No.

If one grinds 2.2M 8h autodrive races for the expensive cars, thats 140W per hour if just the ps4 is running. This gives you equivalent of approx. 10180W per 20mil car. So you use 10kwh of electricity per an unicorn. Thats 1-1.5$/€ in your electricity bill.

The energy required for one 8h autodrive grind is equivalent to driving 0.4 km at 30m/s in a petrol car (with a drag area of 0.5 square meters, a rolling resistance coefficient of 0.01N/kg and an efficiency of 30%). If the energy comes from renewable sources it has a small environmental impact, compared to the car.

The energy required to grind one 20 million Cr car is equivalent to around 4 km of driving.

Not quite the effect of crypto currency mining, but thousands of people doing this on top of the usual playing hours is far from optimal.

But hardly measurable when you compare it to everything else these thousands of people do in their daily lives.

I plead to PDI to close this possibility for the planets sake and give us a way to collect more credit by playing. Give us that 2,2m for say 1 hour of demanding racing instead.

They should do it to make the game more enjoyable, because from an environmental perspective it doesn’t make much sense.

Back