GTS credit grinding not ecological..

• Thread starter Haitauer
  • 199 comments
I love Sport but one of the things that let this games down (for me) is the extremely low payouts considering the prices of some cars, cars that i'll never get to drive, sadly.

PD should just increase payouts overall, maybe increase them by 2x, maybe even 3x.
I did some qualifying laps for a daily race today, one of the more enjoyable elements of the game for me. I didn't restart at any point, so the laps were all continuously counting towards the payout at the end. For 33 minutes of driving, I got 20k credits.

Now, Famine said above: "The total value of all purchasable cars in GT Sport is 306,231,290cr"

So at that rate, it would take 8421 hours to earn enough money to buy all the cars, ignoring gift cars. If someone did this as a 40 hour per week full time job, it would take just over 4 years to earn that amount of money.

Now, will one of the trolls come along to say that 8421 hours of gameplay for the price of the game is incredible value for money.....

Anyway, re what the payouts need to be multiplied by - to get that 8421 hours down to, say, 200 hours, the payout for daily race qualifying would need to increase 42x.

It’s just another example of PD being almost completely out of touch with how people actually use their product.

I've just deleted a reply that's taken me about an hour or so to type, discussing the rest of your points... but each time I read through it all, and got to this quote - I thought... there really is no point. If a keyboard warrior on the internet presumes to have better data than the people who have access to all GTS players online save data - and all the server data, on how people play the game, then what can possibly be said?

Now, will one of the trolls come along to say that 8421 hours of gameplay for the price of the game is incredible value for money.....

I dunno, can you find anyone on GTP so far that has said that "8421 hours of gameplay for the price of the game is incredible value for money"? I'm guessing not, so stupid question is stupid. Also, I spent an hour making a livery earlier, I earned ZERO SR or DR or FIA points, so -mathematically it will take me until the end of time to reach DR C, or win an FIA Championship... how ****ed up is THAT!

8421 hours to earn enough money to buy all the cars, but you don't need to have to buy all the cars in the game. Just buy the cars that you want in the game, and if you want all the cars well you do need to do Win some races that pay good Credits in the GT League. Do the same race over and over by using the same car or a different cars, like I do and I enjoy that because it is a game to play.

Hey @breeminator if you spend time in daily races and you complain about the credit payouts are low, well that is 100% your problem and not the Game. Earning 1 million credits in 30 minutes in the GT League is Dam good, and then you can take you nice car and play in the Daily Races.
The players that play in Daily Races and find out that they have not got that car for that Race, just spend 30 minutes in the GT League.

I've just deleted a reply that's taken me about an hour or so to type, discussing the rest of your points... but each time I read through it all, and got to this quote - I thought... there really is no point. If a keyboard warrior on the internet presumes to have better data than the people who have access to all GTS players online save data - and all the server data, on how people play the game, then what can possibly be said?

I dunno, can you find anyone on GTP so far that has said that "8421 hours of gameplay for the price of the game is incredible value for money"? I'm guessing not, so stupid question is stupid. Also, I spent an hour making a livery earlier, I earned ZERO SR or DR or FIA points, so -mathematically it will take me until the end of time to reach DR C, or win an FIA Championship... how ****ed up is THAT!
I would LOVE to see PD’s data regarding what % of the player base has acquired X number of the unicorn cars, and how many miles these unicorn cars have driven by the community in online events. LOVE to see that data, as it’ll only enforce my point that these unicorn cars with their current price tags a massive waste in a game that is supposed to be about online racing.

I don’t need to see PD’s data to indicate whether or not a unicorn car is a unicorn. WE CALL THEM UNICORNS FOR A REASON :lol: Because they are never seen, never used.

I dunno, can you find anyone on GTP so far that has said that "8421 hours of gameplay for the price of the game is incredible value for money"? I'm guessing not, so stupid question is stupid
I didn't say anyone had. But, I have seen people actually use that argument elsewhere, so thought I'd pre-empt someone saying it here. I'm glad you agree it would be stupid if someone said it.

I did some qualifying laps for a daily race today, one of the more enjoyable elements of the game for me. I didn't restart at any point, so the laps were all continuously counting towards the payout at the end. For 33 minutes of driving, I got 20k credits.

Now, Famine said above: "The total value of all purchasable cars in GT Sport is 306,231,290cr"

So at that rate, it would take 8421 hours to earn enough money to buy all the cars, ignoring gift cars. If someone did this as a 40 hour per week full time job, it would take just over 4 years to earn that amount of money.

Anyway, re what the payouts need to be multiplied by - to get that 8421 hours down to, say, 200 hours, the payout for daily race qualifying would need to increase 42x.
hehe, it is actually possible to have some fun i gt leauge and earn som decent cash as well. Say what u want about the Ai, and I agree its annoying sometimes, but it can be fun overtaking everybody with a n100 car in a n500 class. I recommend nordschelife in sunday cup. Think its circus 100.000,- for 10 minutes. If clean.

600.000,- pr hour, x 40 hours= 240.000.00,-
306.231.290,-:240.000.00,- = 12.750 weeks to earn enough to buy all cars.

ecological enough for ya? :D

Hey Zeus Maria

I’ve finally figured it out. If I want to play Sport Mode in GT Sport, but don’t have the required cars, all I have to do is repeat a coma inducing grind against dumb-as-a-lamp-post AI, that was actually an afterthought to the game to begin with.

Here’s our new game. Want to access the content that lets you participate in the main feature of our game? Just play this little side game for a few hundred hours, then you’ll be good to go” - I feel like this game model has been tried before, and since its 2019 and all, we’ve kind of moved past it at this point.

Just bring back the log-in bonus from GT 6... job done 👍. I'm sure most people could handle one 10 minute race a day (of their choice) for 400-500k.

Hey Zeus Maria

I’ve finally figured it out. If I want to play Sport Mode in GT Sport, but don’t have the required cars, all I have to do is repeat a coma inducing grind against dumb-as-a-lamp-post AI, that was actually an afterthought to the game to begin with.

Here’s our new game. Want to access the content that lets you participate in the main feature of our game? Just play this little side game for a few hundred hours, then you’ll be good to go” - I feel like this game model has been tried before, and since its 2019 and all, we’ve kind of moved past it at this point.
While I agree with most of what you said, no-one truly knows if the Career Mode was always planned to be released later, and while I was sceptical of Kaz's game-as-a-service type deal for GT Sport, he has followed through. So to me it seems more likely that it was always planned.

Just bring back the log-in bonus from GT 6... job done 👍. I'm sure most people could handle one 10 minute race a day (of their choice) for 400-500k.

I'd make more than that from a session's custom races (1 hour 140k) so I'd be more than happy with that. Regular game play will score me a unicorn every 10 days or so instead of 3 months so much more reasonable.

no-one truly knows if the Career Mode was always planned to be released later, and while I was sceptical of Kaz's game-as-a-service type deal for GT Sport, he has followed through. So to me it seems more likely that it was always planned.

I'm not so sure on that as the public outcry over its omission was huge.

It was a brave move breaking the tried and trusted GT mould with bringing out a dedicated online racing game but it could possibly have flopped without the U turn. I think they were forced into changing their mind to sell more copies. Got a coin. Heads or tails?:D

I'm not so sure on that as the public outcry over its omission was huge.

It was a brave move breaking the tried and trusted GT mould with bringing out a dedicated online racing game but it could possibly have flopped without the U turn. I think they were forced into changing their mind to sell more copies. Got a coin. Heads or tails?:D
This was my point ;)
snip* no-one truly knows if the Career Mode was always planned to be released later,
I see so many people say it like it's a fact that it was an afterthought with no proof :)

Last edited:
Hey Zeus Maria

Dude.
A Sport Mode race where you can't afford a car to race with is a far bigger unicorn than the cars being talked about here. :P

While I agree with most of what you said, no-one truly knows if the Career Mode was always planned to be released later, and while I was sceptical of Kaz's game-as-a-service type deal for GT Sport, he has followed through. So to me it seems more likely that it was always planned.
Yeh, my money is on planned.

The game released with a heavy load of Gr. cars.
And then GT League came out only 9 weeks after release.
(And it's not as if you couldn't win plenty of Credits and free cars during that period either with Campaign Circuit Experience, Driving Missions, Custom races, etc., but I digress)
The GT League update came with 12 cars, the next month 10, and the next month 12, basically all Nx00 cars.
The next month had 13 cars and was the first time we got any new (excluding 1 earlier) Gr. cars (6 of the 13).

So 9 weeks after launch we get GT League plus 30 odd Nx00 cars in 2 months?
Yeh, I can go along with the suggestion that it was planned.

Dude.
A Sport Mode race where you can't afford a car to race with is a far bigger unicorn than the cars being talked about here. :P
On one hand, that’s kind of true. I can think of examples where it’s not though. For example, someone who’s new to the game, only really interested in Sport mode, and is keen for a Gr1 race that happens to be the weekly. Those cars are 1 million each. At worst, this player might not be able to participate, at best they won’t be able to try all the cars in the category unless they grind some credits. For some people, that’s a turn off.

You know what the real unicorn is though? Seeing a Sport Mode race between the Mk IV, P4, and XJ13 all properly BoP’d against each other for competitive racing. Even more rare, a full lobby running a mixed class race between the three I just mentioned, with the Daytona Coupe, 250 GTO, and TZ2 as the slow class. Or a full lobby racing DB3S vs D-Type.

On one hand, that’s kind of true. I can think of examples where it’s not though. For example, someone who’s new to the game, only really interested in Sport mode, and is keen for a Gr1 race that happens to be the weekly. Those cars are 1 million each. At worst, this player might not be able to participate, at best they won’t be able to try all the cars in the category unless they grind some credits. For some people, that’s a turn off.

You know what the real unicorn is though? Seeing a Sport Mode race between the Mk IV, P4, and XJ13 all properly BoP’d against each other for competitive racing. Even more rare, a full lobby running a mixed class race between the three I just mentioned, with the Daytona Coupe, 250 GTO, and TZ2 as the slow class. Or a full lobby racing DB3S vs D-Type.
Well ... a Gr.1 Sport Mode race is fairly uncommon, and 1mill Cr. isn't that hard to come by.
So even that example is a bit of a stretch.
And I think most people know that it isn't a sandbox game, so they probably wouldn't expect to be able to test them all.
But as you say, if you did want to do that, it's going to cost you 20mill Cr., and it would be a long,hard slog to get that done before the weeks over and the races change. :P

And yep, I'm with you that the cars cost too much and therefore restricted in numbers in the community.
Well, they certainly cost too much for me anyway.
Which means I don't have one, which in turn means as far as helping you to try to fill a lobby, I'm completely useless. :lol:

I think "sustainable" makes far more sense than "ecological" for the title of this thread.

Ecological - relating to or concerned with the relation of living organisms to one another and to their physical surroundings.

Sustainable - the quality of not being harmful to the environment or depleting natural resources, and thereby supporting long-term ecological balance.

Edit: Just realized how spicy this thread is lol.
And if think that you've read the most of this thread, somebody even points out that China and India are destroying the planet, I mean like WTF?? Is it completely necessary to say something like that here? :ill:

A one thing that still doesn't make sense to me is that you get less credits from Daily and FIA races ( even if you win them and get a clean bonus ) than in some GT league events. I think this should be changed.

I give you credit for at least bringing up the power usage issue, which is something me and I think other people never thought of before

I've been with the series from GT1. I've grinded for each car in GT1/GT2/GT5P/GTPSP/GT5/GT6/GTS. Apart from rubberbanding PSP and taking advantage of the pit glitch in GTS before it was patched (ironically, just when the first 20 million car dropped in Jan 2018), everything was done manually by racing. I'm tired. It did give a sense of achievement the first time you buy a unicorn, but by the fifth game it gets old. Especially when the car list is basically carried over from GT4-GT6 with only a few hundred additions each game.

In GT Sport every race I did from when I bought the game in Oct 2017 to around June 2018 was purely grinding. I didn't even touch sport mode at all. I never missed daily spinner and never once it gave me anything more valuable than 1 million. It's an epic fail in game design for such an esports focused title. But I guess all those laps at BMB gave me a pole position in Oceania top split Red Bull Jr race ;) And umm...I guess I saved on heating bills in winter. And and I get a free upper arm workout with the T-GT :lol:

Speaking from experience with games like Assetto Corsa, having all cars open at launch absolutely doesn't detract from the single player experience if the CORE of the game is right (i.e. the physics and the racing). In fact, it heightens it because you can just dive right in and get familiar with every car, and drive each car for longer to really learn their quirks and nuances instead of wasting hundreds of hours driving in the same car around ovals.

And let's face it, the people who regularly play Gran Turismo, and who love the cars, are all getting older. The casual kids will pick up the game for a week then move on. The credits system is actively antagonising the people who WANT to drive and experience these cars. Personally, I think GT Sport will be the last game that I have the time to grind all cars because I will be moving on to other things in life next year and not have the time to repeat races ad infinitum. I love cars, I love racing and the game but that's just life and reality unfortunately.

So Kaz, if you are reading this, on behalf of car lovers everywhere I propose any of these 4 solutions for the next GT game:

1) Make all cars available at the start
2) Have the car unlocks tied to career progression and make it so you unlock everything by the last GT League race (career length between 20-30 hours is reasonable - around 1 hour of playing for a month will get you there, or 5 mins per day for 1 year is more than achievable even for the busiest people)
3) Keep the credits system and car prices, but scale it so grinding for all cars could be achieved in 20-30 hours, e.g. by increasing payouts with daily bonus, difficulty multipliers, selling repeatable prize cars
4) Have a loyalty system where the GT server detects your save in previous games, and gives you the cars you've earned previously for free, and gives you credits for non-returning cars (basically improved system of GT PSP which allows you to "transfer" cars to GT5, except it was only Standard cars and only in Arcade mode back then)

Omedeto gozaimasu for the consideration :)

Back