• Thread starter Small_Fryz
  • 86 comments

Small_Fryz

But why is the Rum gone??
Premium
Australia
QLD, Australia
Small_Fryz
Having been a long time GT driver (from GT1,2,3,4,5) I must say GTS is far easier than any previous GT game.

Maybe its rose tinted glasses but I recal the license tests from GT2,3 being far far harder to gold than any of the current challenges / track experiences and license tests. Ever since GT4 the difficulty has been lessening to the point now where Id say my nan could get gold on 95% of the game.

I have so far completed all circuit experiences, license tests and missions upto stage 7 and I know that there is maybe one mission in stage 8 that could be hard but apart from that??? Golding challenges on 1st - 2nd runs, with some barely requiring a 3rd.

Am I the only one or do you guys think its gotten a lot easier too?

I mean when my first clean lap of the Nurburgring track experience (only had 1 restart early on in the lap) is 10 seconds under gold time I just think its a little ridiculous.

the last 3 challenges are considerably harder, I just golded them all and ive golded the lap time on nurburgring nordschleife circuit as well, now just to finish off the rest tomorrow and im done.

I haven't played GT since A-Spec (only played GT4 for an afternoon, didn't like the graphics nor the grind), and I am breezing through missions, and licenses, mostly golding them on my first 3 tries - with a controller. Also Arcade mode is way too easy, even on the hardest setting there seems to be some catch-up mechanic in place that makes it close to impossible to finish not in 1st.
I remember the first GT, I got the japanese Version because it was released so much earlier, and its driving tests were controller-smashing HARD - but I prevailed and aced all of them after half a year or so! IIRC they had to make them easier for the PAL and NTSC-US versions of the game.

They are much harder than gt6, bit easier than gt2, I think it's spot on although I like competing with friends in the Leaderboards

This is a most common used lie.

The nerd trys 1.000.000 times to get gold on Licence tests, and immediately goes to forum and writes ''it was too easy''.

Every-single-time.
Getting Gold on time trials after a couple of tries instead of a couple of hours is definitely too easy. I don't know about you, but I play racing games to be challenged, and being awarded the best medal should require serious dedication, and commitment to the game.

No offense, but you're an alien. :P

But yes, things have gotten easier, not just in this title.

true that

I think with the knowledge of all the online data that they got over the last few years they saw that it was to hard for the mainstream player and therefore they made easier to achieve gold. Still think a lot of people have a hard time achieving gold on every test. I know this for a fact, because a colleague of mine who is a casual GT player got silver or bronze and that's about it. Don't confuse some of the player including your self with a saturday afternoon racer.

Bottom line they in there for the money and want to sell as much games as possible. Making it too hard, might scare people off.

If the seasonal time trails come back like in GT6. Try to keep up with the top 10 drivers ;)

:gtpflag:

Getting Gold on time trials after a couple of tries instead of a couple of hours is definitely too easy. I don't know about you, but I play racing games to be challenged, and being awarded the best medal should require serious dedication, and commitment to the game.

Man, I'm still trying to get GT3's Complex String Gold. I had it once, I believe, but only after many days of frustration.

Passionate gamers like challenging situations but wider audiences don't. That's probably why the PGR serie died.
I see a lot of people complaining about the lack of carrer mode in GT Sport compared to Forza 7, but the former is built around challenges, the latter is widely inconsistent in its difficulty.
GT Sport challenge are indeed way more easier than the old GTs. We used to have a platinum level after gold, right? Or is it my memory that plays trick to me? I remember to sometimes play like 30 minutes or more to pass a Licence Test (that GT2's Skyline test on Deep Forest let its print in my mind).

After the first Gran Turismo, PD got mostly, if not only core gamer's feedback. During a visit to their studio in the late of GT2 development, Yamauchi told us that they've been surprised that the Licence Tests were so popular. Back then, they didn't have statistics usage of a game content like they have today. This was an European round table interview, and he was as much interested to get feedback from us than answering our questions. Now they can see that most players actually give up facing difficulty...

They are much harder than gt6, bit easier than gt2, I think it's spot on although I like competing with friends in the Leaderboards
My game is posting my times in the leaderboards randomly. Since two days, it missed most of posts.

The license tests in GT4 were an entire game all on their own. I spent, without exaggerating, years on them. I'll never forget the first time I heard that "baaam... BAAAAAAM.... BA-DAAAAAA!!" music when I got my first gold, it's what drove me on to get more.
I haven't got GT Sport but if GT5 and GT6 is anything to go by, it was all downhill from 4 anyway regarding licenses and challenges.

You have to remember this: the game is most probably made to be accessible and easy for as many people as possible, making it too hard to gold will probably make people quit without having completed campaign

The physics are more 'accessible' yes but I think one reason it's easy to get Gold is because we've been playing this game for 20 years learning concepts and tracks from it. A lot of the first time golds I got were because I knew the section of the track well from this and other games. That seems how it should be, no?

This is a most common used lie.

The nerd trys 1.000.000 times to get gold on Licence tests, and immediately goes to forum and writes ''it was too easy''.

Every-single-time.
I currently have 100% gold in circuit experience, licenses and all but tier 7,8 (75%) in missions with only 8? hours gameplay. I appreciate your comment but in this instance I've hardly been trying 1,000,000 times.

DTM
true that

I think with the knowledge of all the online data that they got over the last few years they saw that it was to hard for the mainstream player and therefore they made easier to achieve gold. Still think a lot of people have a hard time achieving gold on every test. I know this for a fact, because a colleague of mine who is a casual GT player got silver or bronze and that's about it. Don't confuse some of the player including your self with a saturday afternoon racer.

Bottom line they in there for the money and want to sell as much games as possible. Making it too hard, might scare people off.

If the seasonal time trails come back like in GT6. Try to keep up with the top 10 drivers ;)

:gtpflag:
I understand they want to do that, but I would have thought that is what Bronze and Silver is for. It was never too hard to get Bronze or even Silver in GT2,3 however gold was something special and only awarded to the top tier guys or earnt after hours of effort. I'm aware that as a Division 1 Gold driver I'm not exactly a causual gamer but we should not be 3 - 5 seconds ahead on most full lap test after 10mins. Max limit used to be 2 - 3 seconds by the very best in the world.

http://db.gtrp.de/gt3_license_list.php?license=5&test=4 - Honeycar won a 350z in the GT4 days and we all know how fast Ramon is. 1.5 seconds faster than gold with the top guys pushing the limits.

http://db.gtrp.de/gt4_license_list_pal.php?license=5&test=12 GT4 got a fair bit easier with the top guys ranging from 3 - 5 seconds faster. I remember doing all 60 licenses in a few days back on GT4 launch but looking back through my times I submitted (yours truly sits 101st on that list) most only beat the gold time by a few tenths, which means they all took me a few cracks and while I'm sure i could shave a second or more off most of them, it would take a lot more time, compared to beating them by 1 - 2+ seconds straight away in GTS.

Man, I'm still trying to get GT3's Complex String Gold. I had it once, I believe, but only after many days of frustration.

This was a tough one! but maybe we do have rose tinted glasses ?? http://db.gtrp.de/gt3_license_list.php?license=7&test=10, again we have Honeycar almost 15 seconds faster and I know Big P was very quick back then too. 4th place we have our very own @Mr P, maybe Ron can best compare?? Having been chasing top times since GT began.

Maybe have a platinum medal above the current gold?
I think we just need gold to be harder and leave Bronze, Silver in as the easier marks in order to proceed to the next level.

I can't unlock / achieve everything in most FPS games as I'm simply not good enough, no reason why the racing games can't be any different.

Last edited:
In this day and age, especially with a long running demo and the ability to co-opt the free services of gamers around the world, there no reason why license tests can't be perfectly tailored to the world at large. The data is all there to create license tests that line up with the talents of the entire database.

I do agree that the game would be well served with a Platinum level for the elite gamers so long as it's properly vetted so that only a small % of gamers can achieve it.

I have to agree with one of the above posts that these tests were harder than GT6. Since GT5, the difficulty has been dropping (I think), but it may be partly due to the console systems themselves getting better. There is less lag now between controller inputs and when the cars react than ever before. Is it perfectly synced??? No. Are the PS3 and PS4 systems faster than the PS1 and PS2 systems? I definitely think so.

We all have to adapt to the way the controller works (no matter if it's a controller or a wheel) to play whatever game is playing. I honestly think it is the devices that we use that are getting better in the generations since the first PlayStation. It only makes sense right?

I'm not saying that's the only reason, but it MUST play into it somehow...

Cheers

All GT license tests bar the GT-one at monaco have been fairly easy to gold.. the hard part is when you compare on a leaderboard and try taking 1st place amongst all the gold times ;) Databases made the license tests better and added extra life to the playability of those tests and I reckon this will be the same for GTS.. get the gold yeah easy! but get the very best gold time? not so easy :D:tup:

It has to cope with players of all abilities so the fast hardcore driver will unfortunately find it easy but o bet there are more players struggling than we all think.

I currently have 100% gold in circuit experience, licenses and all but tier 7,8 (75%) in missions with only 8? hours gameplay. I appreciate your comment but in this instance I've hardly been trying 1,000,000 times.

I know I already touched on it in the VIP lounge, but yeah, this sounds the same as my experience so far. I wrapped up all golds in Campaign last Sunday, but lost Mission Stages 3 through 8 because of network issues. I'd say all in it took between 10 and 11 hours. Most missions were done first try, and same with circuit experiences. If they weren't, the times would be close, so a second run would net a gold.

The very final Mission is a bit of a let-down: the enduros at Blue Moon and Interlagos are far more difficult in terms of pit strategy and race pace.

I've been doing the GT3 licences and Time Attacks over the last few months, and being harder they are much more rewarding to Gold. Perhaps on the B license I was still getting used to GT3's physics and controls, but looking at the records screen B-5 took me at least 6 tries to get gold. Silver quite easy, but then edging up a little each time until I cracked Gold. Very few were golded first try.

Quite a few GTS tests I've golded first try, even some where I don't know the circuit or the car. Simply ticking them off to get the prize cars, which is just boring.

I'm competent but no alien. GTS isn't easier because I've got better, that's for sure.

All GT license tests bar the GT-one at monaco have been fairly easy to gold.. the hard part is when you compare on a leaderboard and try taking 1st place amongst all the gold times ;) Databases made the license tests better and added extra life to the playability of those tests and I reckon this will be the same for GTS.. get the gold yeah easy! but get the very best gold time? not so easy :D:tup:

For you maybe!! I don't know if I'll ever manage S2 or S8 with the controller, only Bronze so far. S6 and S7 I'm getting closer. The Viper can't decide if it wants to under or over steer through the first few corners of Seca!

There is less lag now between controller inputs and when the cars react than ever before.

I don't notice that at all. Processing the controller certainly used to be done at whatever frame rate the game is running at, and there's no reason to think that's changed now. Faster consoles just means more complex physics calcs and fancier graphics. If anything, there's more damping on the controller now making it less direct.

Back