GTS Difficulty - Too easy to Gold

• Thread starter Small_Fryz
  • 86 comments
They are certainly doable with the controller as most were using them back in the day as wheels started to get popular in GT3 days due to hardcore gamers and the mainstream started moving onto them from GT4 onwards ;) Try watching some of the video's available for tips as to how to beat the gold on these ultra tricky tests that you mention.. here's the 2 tests you mention, S2 is driven recently in 2017 with a wheel and S8 was driven in 2003 with a dualshock, they will show where to apply extra throttle and make time for sure 👍

S2 - 1st place ProDriveGT

S8 - 1st place Czismo

Good luck with your GT3 license mission mate :cheers:

They are certainly doable with the controller as most were using them back in the day as wheels started to get popular in GT3 days due to hardcore gamers and the mainstream started moving onto them from GT4 onwards ;) Try watching some of the video's available for tips as to how to beat the gold on these ultra tricky tests that you mention.. here's the 2 tests you mention, S2 is driven recently in 2017 with a wheel and S8 was driven in 2003 with a dualshock, they will show where to apply extra throttle and make time for sure 👍

S2 - 1st place ProDriveGT

S8 - 1st place Czismo

Good luck with your GT3 license mission mate :cheers:

Thanks mate, I'll keep trying! Even if I don't manage them, I like that getting a Gold actually means something. OK, there's then a contest for times beyond gold, but it seems like that's fairly elite :) I have a wheel that might still work, but I'd rather not resort to that if I can - as you say, it's more authentic to the time to use the controller.

Having been a long time GT driver (from GT1,2,3,4,5) I must say GTS is far easier than any previous GT game.

Maybe its rose tinted glasses but I recal the license tests from GT2,3 being far far harder to gold than any of the current challenges / track experiences and license tests. Ever since GT4 the difficulty has been lessening to the point now where Id say my nan could get gold on 95% of the game.

I have so far completed all circuit experiences, license tests and missions upto stage 7 and I know that there is maybe one mission in stage 8 that could be hard but apart from that??? Golding challenges on 1st - 2nd runs, with some barely requiring a 3rd.

Am I the only one or do you guys think its gotten a lot easier too?

I mean when my first clean lap of the Nurburgring track experience (only had 1 restart early on in the lap) is 10 seconds under gold time I just think its a little ridiculous.
Try to enter in the Top 10...(world ranking).

It's the modern time we live in. There was a time when you wanted certain info you stepped on your bicycle and ride to the local library to look it up, it required time and effort. Now you just Google it with your smartphone lying lazy in your sofa. I grew up with MMORPGs like DAoC where you really had to grind XP in-between quests to level up, a more modern MMORPG like WoW holds your hands with quests from start to finish. Even GT5 (base version without DLC cars) required me to "grind" credits to buy my second car, now in GT:S before I even played I had over 20 cars sitting in my garage and 3.5 mill credits from the demo and DLC, just collecting that leveled me already up to level 5 before I even did something. Gone are the repair costs of cars, added are the free daily cars if you play a little bit, times have changed. There used to be times you really had to read game manuals to figure out how the game works, nowadays we are so used to have games guide us through the game itself, holding our hands and giving us pleasure by an artificial sense of progression by unlocking things or collecting items and currency.

People nowadays don't have the patience anymore to get something done, we live in an instant-gratification society. You think about something, you immediately find the info online (if its info you want) or you order it online and have it delivered the next day on your doorstep.

Grinding for every single gold medal for several hours is not of this world anymore. I'm close to finishing 50% of my career in GT:Sport (with motion control on the DS4 controller) and in general I'm fine with the challenges. Some gold medals require me to try 5-10 times and feel rewarding when I get them and that's fine, other challenges give it to me on the first try even when I know I made slight errors, for me that's fine as well, maybe I'm getting too old to care.

If you really want to challenge yourself with the campaign stuff I suggest adding players at or above your own skill to your friends list and look at their times on the leader boards.

OK, there's then a contest for times beyond gold, but it seems like that's fairly elite :)

Yes this comment above says it perfectly 👍 But some people can make a game that would normally be shelved within 6 months have a lifespan that stretches into years due to this pursuit ;)

Cheers :cheers:

Hats off to those OCD enough to gold all these events. It’s excruciating to have to complete these for a 7th time in 7 games. Bronze-em and move on I say. Especially the beginner driving tests. I’d almost rather stick a hot poker in my eye than complete these let alone go for all gold.

Last edited:
Getting gold in the rally events is real hard! I just can't bring myself to practice rally driving in GTS because it's so terribly unrealistic.

The worst event in the time rally at Fisherman’s Ranch. You always get hit by a brainless AI or you have to push like hell to recover from penalties. Took me 15 attempts...

I’d say it’s more OCD than ADHD ;) Thanks by the way!

I thought everything was too easy to gold as well... until I got to the 'full laps' on the last 2 rally courses of the circuit section. Each took me at least an hour to finally gold.
The problem is that, I did it all with a controller. And while motion steering drastically improved my controller ability, I expected to NEED my wheel to get gold in some of them... but didn't. 90% of the time, Gold was achieved on my 1st or 2nd attempt for all 'segments'. I am no alien, and while I mainly did these for the exp/money and to 'get them out of the way' I was torn between whether I was glad it was easy, so it took less time, or whether I actually would have liked to be more challenged.

Ultimately, I agree, they're too easy. Having said that, in a week I'll have forgotten they're even a part of the game, and I'll move on enjoying actual online racing against real people.

time to move to PC simracing. GT is for newbies that know nothing about car. That's the GT all about, getting people interested into cars

I disagree, to be honest. It became considerably harder when you turn traction control off.
I spent almost 30 minutes trying to gold the first license test (I did gold it by 5ms).

Hi,

The last Mission is super easy as there is no BoP enforced and you can out-tune everyone.

Fisherman is hard, Endurances at Interlagos and BlueMoon are hard. But this final stage is a joke. WRX stock (just moved the sliders), FuelMap to 3 just for security because I have no idea for a strategy, absolute save run with no errors/penalties and won with a gap of 45 seconds to P2 within the first attempt.

I miss the Veyron around Ascari :nervous:

D.

Now what do I do with my life....

Attachments

• DMxmUWPVwAAYJhk.jpg
    DMxmUWPVwAAYJhk.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 64
Well so far 14% of players have 100% Gold in the Driving School Challenges. Most of these are likely the avid players who are respectable at the game. Give it another 2-3 weeks before we start seeing if the average driver is able to 100% it, What people need to realise is that these challenges and tests are not meant for the top players, they are for the developing players.

Yes there are some that are easy, but others that are difficult. I gave it to one of my mates over the weekend and he was struggling with most of the challenges to get gold or within 3-4 seconds of my times on the full lap tests.

Getting gold in the rally events is real hard! I just can't bring myself to practice rally driving in GTS because it's so terribly unrealistic.

Absolutely this! Coming from DiRT Rally to this I can't help but laugh... I want the golds but I despair to play rally in this game. Why it included I'll never know, surely Kaz / PD have played DiRT rally?! Hell, SEGA Rally is better than this!

Well so far 14% of players have 100% Gold in the Driving School Challenges. Most of these are likely the avid players who are respectable at the game. Give it another 2-3 weeks before we start seeing if the average driver is able to 100% it, What people need to realise is that these challenges and tests are not meant for the top players, they are for the developing players.

Yes there are some that are easy, but others that are difficult. I gave it to one of my mates over the weekend and he was struggling with most of the challenges to get gold or within 3-4 seconds of my times on the full lap tests.
Do you have a link to that stat? If 14% of all drivers golded the driving school challenges in a week that's definitely too easy.

And I disagree that these challenges are meant for new players. It doesn't say that anywhere in the game AFAIK. The challenges are for everyone and can and should provide a challenge to everyone that bought the game.

Do you have a link to that stat? If 14% of all drivers golded the driving school challenges in a week that's definitely too easy.

And I disagree that these challenges are meant for new players. It doesn't say that anywhere in the game AFAIK. The challenges are for everyone and can and should provide a challenge to everyone that bought the game.
It's actually only 4.8 % as of today, but they are too easy imo.:)
20171023140135.jpg

Thanks for the update. I accidentally got it off tracked PSN players. My Bad.

For me they are, for my friend that is a “normal” player its hard enough to get silver.

We (the people) that is on this forum are mostly more dan average player in GT. I find myself pretty fast until i drive agains Lord Protector ;) point is they must choose a middle road to keep everyone happy.

For me they are, for my friend that is a “normal” player its hard enough to get silver.

We (the people) that is on this forum are mostly more dan average player in GT. I find myself pretty fast until i drive agains Lord Protector ;) point is they must choose a middle road to keep everyone happy.
No. You don't need a middle road when you have events with various levels of achievement. That's the whole point of having more than one level.

The way I look at is that, with GT3 and other early GT's:

Bronze = You can make the corner. You didn't hit an apex and your braking was late or wrong etc.
Silver = You can make the corner. You hit an apex but the braking was wrong, or something went wrong.
Gold = You hit the apex, braking was spot on etc

But now it is:

Bronze = You can make the corner. You really messed up something. Probably don't know the track.
Silver =You can make the corner. No apex, braking wrong time etc
Gold = You can make the corner. No apex, really, braking was kinda right.

There should be a Platinum medal.

Back