GTS Should seriously consider a series that costs at least $100 per season for drivers

• Thread starter Alltrac185
  • 73 comments
United States
Louisville
It's so ridiculous that your Dr goes down for things out of your control, and when there is access for everyone, you get every type of player. I'm 15th for Renault in the manufacturer series and I won't enter another race. There needs to be penalties that actually affect the player for violating. League racing is clean and I enjoy it but it's not sanctioned or benefits your ranking. It they started a series that requires a credit card number and had a yearly fee, plus say 50 cent charges for contact with another driver I would sign up right now. And the money they made would help them finance updates and more content.

It's so ridiculous that your Dr goes down for things out of your control, and when there is access for everyone, you get every type of player. I'm 15th for Renault in the manufacturer series and I won't enter another race. There needs to be penalties that actually affect the player for violating. League racing is clean and I enjoy it but it's not sanctioned or benefits your ranking. It they started a series that requires a credit card number and had a yearly fee, plus say 50 cent charges for contact with another driver I would sign up right now. And the money they made would help them finance updates and more content.

You're mixing up two issues here, it doesn't matter what the penalty is, if it's not applying them to the right people, it'll be no better. If someone taps you off, you get a 50c charge on your card, and they get away scot free, the system is no better.

You want to encourage people to race don’t put a another bill infront of people The problem isn’t the cost
But why?

If you want to pay for it play iracing I’m sure that has its problems too though tbh

There is no point you buy the game cos you only have to pay for it once, and people play the game for their own leisure and enjoyment why are you trying to charge us more?

I don’t get why people think penalty systems are so easily to magically make correct, it’s pretty difficult to come up with one that’s fair unfortunately there are too many variables so just live with it

Yeah some aren’t great and uncalled for, but just play the game and enjoy the racing,

If you don’t like it leave it we don’t care

But you won’t cos you realise this game is actually pretty good even with all the bugs and glitches and sometimes bad penalties

You're mixing up two issues here, it doesn't matter what the penalty is, if it's not applying them to the right people, it'll be no better. If someone taps you off, you get a 50c charge on your card, and they get away scot free, the system is no better.
On the flip side, sometime I'd happily pay a fiver if it gives me the joy of smacking an imbecile off the track and costs them money in the process.

You want to encourage people to race don’t put a another bill infront of people The problem isn’t the cost
But why?

If you want to pay for it play iracing I’m sure that has its problems too though tbh

There is no point you buy the game cos you only have to pay for it once, and people play the game for their own leisure and enjoyment why are you trying to charge us more?

I don’t get why people think penalty systems are so easily to magically make correct, it’s pretty difficult to come up with one that’s fair unfortunately there are too many variables so just live with it

Yeah some aren’t great and uncalled for, but just play the game and enjoy the racing,

If you don’t like it leave it we don’t care

But you won’t cos you realise this game is actually pretty good even with all the bugs and glitches and sometimes bad penalties

Because the racing is free and penalties are too lenient people abuse the online racing. If PD actually charged people a fee to race and threatened to suspend their ability to race due to dirty driving then people would have something to lose and may take the racing a little more serious. Crashing others may be fun for someone but it is not fun for those that like to play competitively. If the game was not meant to be played competitively there would be no penalties. It's not right that a handful of people can ruin someones race night, especially for FIA races where you do not have unlimited opportunities.

Eh, that’s 8$ per month, what has „rich“ to do with that?? If you are 12 maybe...

But add it to $120 a month for Spotify, $150ish for Netflix, $200+ for Microsoft office, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc., in addition to the aforementioned $70 I already pay for PS Plus to be able to race online.

Sure, the value add is that the single PS Plus subscription opens up online gaming for all games, but given that GT is the only game I play where I actually use online play, it's essentially the same thing. Adding another $100 on top of that is a big GFY for me.

And what is your current Dr and Sr rating? The most vehement complaints seem to come from DR B and down so I am curious.

DR ranking already tells you all you need to know.

It's so ridiculous that your Dr goes down for things out of your control

Although this is a problem at the moment and I am not sure why PD thinks it's ok. There's been plenty of complaints on the SR down front regarding mild rear end collisions and there is some inconsistency on penalties for being bumped off track. Just this morning, I got bumped off at Lago, yet the driver that forces me off got nothing and I got a shortcut penalty (even though there was no short cutting to be had). Yet, I can't imagine a pay to play scheme would solve these issues. They are coding problems that would occur none the less.

Because the racing is free and penalties are too lenient people abuse the online racing. If PD actually charged people a fee to race and threatened to suspend their ability to race due to dirty driving then people would have something to lose and may take the racing a little more serious.

So, I see your reasoning, but it doesn't jive in reality.

We have a nickname for intermediate riders at tacks days (this would be the analogue to a DR B or DR C). We call them 'inter-idiots" because they go fast enough to be too fast to be allowed in the beginner groups, but they aren't skilled enough to be in the fast group. Inter-idiot is where most of the crashes and bone headed moves occur. People end up destroying thousands of dollars worth of motorcycle, often the one they rode to the track day.

That real world risk and expense doesn't make them ride smarter, so why would it affect these type in the virtual world?

Last edited:
They already made it correct once, P1.13... but the masses all cried because they could no longer bump pass/rubbin-is-racin and it penalized both players, making it "un-gamable"... and ever since we've gone down the road of who's to blame...
My take, this community as a whole doesn't want a fair racing simulation... they want a game.

So, pay to play... ??
Maybe make it a separate area... you can choose to go there and pay to race, or, keep on keepin on the way it is.
Make it a choice.

What pd/sony need to do is implement what iracing has as a penalty system to curb the intentional wreckers . When people get reported and they actualy broke the rules then they need to be booted from online play . Simple really .

I call BS. If you have a playstation and the game, if you can afford that, then you have a spare $100. Otherwise you are making serious errors in your buying habits because the PS money should be going to food/rent/life if you're that hard up.
I call it bs when you need to subscribe another thing when you already subscribing to ps plus. Go donate $100 dolars every year to pd if you want to give your money so badly.

Though it's possible I might pay to play (kinda like PS+), I would never play anything where someone else's stupidity, or mistake could cost me an unspecified amount of cash. I would think most people would feel the same.

And imagine being an honest driver who paid 100 dollars to be in this season and then you, Mr. Troll Driver, came along and ruined it.

That would be the idea behind making "trolling" a suspendable offense. If you wanna drive like an :censored:hat its gonna cost you your privaleges and the $100 would be non-refundable.

What pd/sony need to do is implement what iracing has as a penalty system to curb the intentional wreckers . When people get reported and they actualy broke the rules then they need to be booted from online play . Simple really .

This happens. Except this happens for offenses that are actually serious, like game cheats or exploits. Also, you can report a player for disrupting the race and therefore, (presumably) anyone who is a persistent troll with multiple reports will eventually get the boot.

No one should ever get booted for losing their temper. Everyone loses their temper from to time. Never mind making a mistake.

Again, as I said, most of the complaining, if not all of it, comes from DR B on down. That these players will have contact more than expected is normal.

Do you know what it's like to try and drive through a pack of D, C, and low B drivers as an A driver or higher? It's awful. They brake WAAAAAAAAY to early, or WAY too late. They are miles away from the apex. It doesn't seem like any of them check their mirrors or radar. They are completely unpredictable. It's like following an accident about to happen. If PD were to implement the strictness that many of you are calling for, most of you would be the ones that fall afoul of that strictness.

Good bye $100

Back