GTS VR experiences

GTP-Stormbringer
Tried the vr tour.
Graphics are slightly better than driveclub.
Frame rate doesnt feel right.
The screen keeps readjusting. Very annoying.

Overall, unplayable really.

Your experiences any better?

You might want to check where your camera is to you, I haven't had any problems but I've only done a couple races in it

The camera is correct. Sony'd VR implementation is not.

I can run hours on end in AC VR on the PC. Banked ovals, hilly tracks F1 track etc.

The camera does not swing around mildly as if you head is on a bobble head body.

The view remains centered and you get to look around the world - even with head shake and G-forces on in AC I have never even had a hint of motion sickness.

Before the end of a lap I was heaving with the Sony VR setup in GT:S. It is simply wrong.

And the VR is so limited I will be returning the Sony VR kit tomorrow. I bought it for GT:S and VR is just a waste of time.

If you just got the VR unit and think that you have it correctly set up, but have only had it for a day, I'd say that you might want to try again if you really want it. Because it seems to work great for me in Gran Turismo Sport and in dirt rally VR.... otherwise, telling people that it doesn't work without actually owning the hardware for a little bit of time seems a little short sighted

If you just got the VR unit and think that you have it correctly set up, but have only had it for a day, I'd say that you might want to try again if you really want it. Because it seems to work great for me in Gran Turismo Sport and in dirt rally VR.... otherwise, telling people that it doesn't work without actually owning the hardware for a little bit of time seems a little short sighted

Not short sighted at all.

On banked oval tracks the VR movement is not correct - it induced motion sickness - and I have had an Oculus since DK1, then DK2 and finally retail I literally have hundreds of hours driving AC with the OR. And never a queasy moment.

I really know how it should feel and the immersion it should provide. It doesn't.

Besides the VR experience is very limited. So why would I keep the hardware past the return date, feel sick, not get a very deep immersive experience (no hot lapping as example) when I have a fantastic time for hours on end and no motion sickness issues with the OR on AC on the PC?

That's my opinion and experience with the kit - yours may well be different :) I would caution folks to verify you can return the rig for your money back if you plan on trying the Sony VR just for GT:S. Just in case you don't get the immersion you are expecting.

Is it making anyone sick? Kaz said it would in an interview but I wonder if it's since been improved? Funny how he seems to play the reasoning off as because it happens in real life. :lol: He also mentions how it will be nice when we have dual 8k displays and the current psvr isn't that good. Again it's kinda funny because he hasn't even seemed to figure out how to get it right with the low resolution we have now! It's a shame it seems to be poorly implemented. VR is great, Dirt Rally is a fantastic example.

Edit: Somehow missed the comment above mine discussing motion sickness.

Tried the vr tour.

Maybe try a darker room? Maybe a light in the background is causing the screen adjusting?

I didn't notice the horizon moving, but i have the camera on a tripod around 5 feet away from where my head is because i noticed swimming if it was further away on top of the tv.

Overall though i am enjoying it, however it needs some more features like options for difficulty against the ai, and time trial with racing against your ghost.

Edit: I played for over an hour straight last night and didn't feel sick at all.

I'm a bit disappointed. They should have ditched 1v1 against ai and like McNulty commented it shoud have time trial with ghost.

I didn't notice the horizon moving, but i have the camera on a tripod around 5 feet away from where my head is because i noticed swimming if it was further away on top of the tv.

Overall though i am enjoying it, however it needs some more features like options for difficulty against the ai, and time trial with racing against your ghost.

Edit: I played for over an hour straight last night and didn't feel sick at all.

Full disclosure - it was only the half mile banked oval that gave me the motion queasies. The other tracks not, but the limited length 1 vs 1 race is a big let down.

Yes, but you've only had your VR unit for a day. You might want to try position your camera a couple of different ways. Also I've noticed if you move your camera once the PlayStation is on, they can act up. I wasn't trying to say that you were being untruthful at all, just mention that you're not used to PlayStation VR and having to deal with the camera tracking :-) once you get it good, it's great... Well besides not tracking the move controllers behind you :-)

Here's a video from Team VVV on it (Standard PS4):

@SlipZtrEm
There are some VR threads scattered around. Maybe it would be interesting and of benefit to everyone if they would all be merged into just one "official VR thread"?

I decided to rent the game, it's definitely not as bad as the impressions I was getting from the webs and I didn't get sick. I would put it between driveclub and dirt, dirt being the better of the three. Something about GT's implementation is off a bit but it's not too bad. It could be the camera movement, I haven't pinpointed it yet. Definitely some issues with lighting and the auto exposure that they have going on. I should also mention I've played dirt exclusively with a wheel and pedals setup and GT with only the DS4 so that could make a big difference. I just discovered, and what a shame, that some of the buttons on the DS4 are not pressure sensitive. I use X and square for acceleration and braking and it doesn't feel right at all not being able to feather the throttle or brakes. I was thinking of buying the game but now I'm having second thoughts, really feels off because of this. It does appear there are more tracks available for play than I assumed so that is a nice surprise. I'm not sure if all cars are available and just need to be unlocked. It would seem they would be but I can't verify.

Even though it is lacking in features I will say it is better than I expected.

My only gripe is the AI sucks. I mean in most of my "races" I wasn't even trying to race and yet the AI was miles away... But the driving is great.

Tried the vr tour.

Yes my experience is very good indeed, no readjusts as you describe, incredible frame rate, and a very good immersion and control. We all know that the VR mode has problems on be limited, but the experience in itself is very good, I got a bit sick after more than 10 laps on the Dragon's track with a GT3RS :)

And if don't own a wheel, try using the DS4 has a motion controller, it's incredible good for what I was expecting.

Yes, but you've only had your VR unit for a day. You might want to try position your camera a couple of different ways. Also I've noticed if you move your camera once the PlayStation is on, they can act up. I wasn't trying to say that you were being untruthful at all, just mention that you're not used to PlayStation VR and having to deal with the camera tracking :-) once you get it good, it's great... Well besides not tracking the move controllers behind you :-)

No, as I thought, I was correct. I am seldom wrong, and when I am it is usually because someone asked the wrong question.

Camera position was fine, I was fine - either the camera or the VR headset was faulty. Exchanged entire kit for another setup and the same weird swinging floaty response is not there anymore. We where able to demonstrate the error at the store.

Back