Bucharest
cataline36
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.jpg
GTT Drift Championship
No HP Limit
Comfort Hard Tyers
Only RWD Platforms
5 Rounds

Before every round I will post photos with the clips and the course line.
For those who would like to sign up, I need some info about they're cars, wich will be only 2 (manufacter; model; BHP) and the PSN name to add them.
I have to ask you to join the club GTT Drift Championship (ID: 1023973) because the comp will be take part in a community lobby.
Each round will start at 22:00 GMT + 0 (UK Time).
Judges: JDM_TUNING_S130 and cataline36.

Calendar:
Round 1 - Red Bull Short Track (Reverse Section Same as S1) on 12 April.
Round 2 - Mazda Laguna Seca (Special Section) - 19 Apr.
Round 3 - Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps (Ebisu Section).
Round 4 - Circuit de La Sarthe 2009 (Special Section).
Round 5 - Motegi Race Track (Special Section)
Special Section - Section made by me, if some of them where tryed them before, I didn't know.

Rules:
Training will be up to 30 min. (20:00 - 20:30) and the race will start after 5 min. after announcing the brackets.
NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO TYPE IN CHAT TILL THE 3 JUDGES HAS SPOKEN THEY FINAL DECISION. Because the competitors will not know their official result if everyone starts to type their opinions etc.

Clip points/Clip zones/Line:
During battles, the drivers must follow the clip points/clip zones. Following clippoints is part of the «line» judging section.

Overtaking:
Overtaking is not allowed in battels. Overtaking is only tolerated when the leading driver is outside of the line imposed by the judges.

One more time battle rule "sudden death style":
There is a possibility to go on "one more time" twin battles (3rd and 4th Battles) after draw during first 2 battles. In case of equal points again after these 2 extra battles, we will only go 1 by 1 as a sudden death battle. The highest qualified driver will be leader of the first "sudden death battle", sudden death battle will continue only if the score is 5-5. This rule doesnt apply for the final of every event, when «one more time» battles will go 2 by 2 till we have a winner.

Slow drift penalty:
As a leader, slow drifting tactic in any corner in order to make understeering or spinning your opponent (braking, off throttle, wide angle drifts that slow down due to frictional force and inconsistent throttle) will get a 0 point result.

Low angle penalty:
During twin battle the follower has to follow the
leader. If the follower lowers his angle too much in order to keep
up with the leader, the follower will lose points.

ZERO point rules:
As a reminder you will be sanctionned with 0 point only in
these cases :
* spin, PASSING FINISH LINE WHILE STARTING TO SPIN and SPIN AFTER FINISH LINE WILL BE CONSIDERED AS A SPIN !!!
* voluntarily slowing drift
* 3 wheels off the track
* voluntarily touching the opponent

Judging info - Twin Battle:
Twin Battles are based on two runs, in 1-on-1 format, with competitors paired up based
on seeding position (Top8 or Top16). The higher qualifier will lead the first run and the
second led by the lower qualifier.The critical success factor is for the lead car to be able to run the course at high speed and full throttle without error while being pressured by the following car. The following car is to try and “out drive” the lead car with same angle or better angle.
Driver consistency during a tandem battle is critical. Most of the time a driver lose the
battle due to its own mistakes (hitting cones, going out of the track, understeer) rather
than being just overpushed by the follower...
Lead Car must be able to clear the course without making any errors due to distraction or
pressure by the following car. Clippoints are used as well in battle and both cars must
follow the clip line. If leader is not following perfectly the clip line, this will be a penalty
for the leader. If the follower is not using the clip line as perfect as the leader in order to
get closer, this will be a penalty for the follower.
Following car need to run as good as the lead car, means in the first step to keep SAME
angle as leader but may also put pressure on the lead driver. The following car should
keep as close to the lead car as possible to gain the advantage. If the following car come
back with more speed but LESS angle, this will not be considered as 5-5. It is very important for the follower to keep as close as possible to the leader from start to finish line.
Collisions might occur during twin battle and in the event of contact, the driver at fault will
lose the battle. Judges are the only persons who can decide the final issue. Twin Scoring will be observed by the judges during the head-to-head battle. EACH ROUND WILL BE SCORED ON A 10 POINTS SHARING (5-5, 6-4, 7-3), the pointing is based on the rules stated above. At the conclusion of the head-to-head battle, judges will declare a winner from three options:
1. Driver “A” wins
2. Driver “B” wins
3. One more Time
After a draw, a “One More Time” will be granted, and the competitors will begin another
2-run head-to-head battle on a sudden death style battle.

Pointing system:
Position - Points in race
1st - 100
2nd - 90
3rd - 80
4th - 70
5th to 8th - 50
9th to 16th - 30

Season 1 Standings :

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AzmAgbmzP94g3yNx1zS3FuEigXBqAqYJPgoLXymtuGw/pubhtml

Season 2 :

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g9sYwH4QOgFyj5sPOGx0OsQqTl8ID6GTFXQjFTwR_jo/edit#gid=0

Last edited:
What constitutes as slowing drift? Braking? Off throttle? Wide angle drifts that slow down due to frictional force? Or inconsistent throttle line with reference to their qualifying run?

Slowing drift consist in the fact that if you are trying tangle your follower by being slow makeing him spin or other mistakes, you will have a penalty in your score, this is in battles. In qualifying run, a slow drifting is a easyer way to get closer to the clips as a result you will have penalty in your score as well, thats why all the runs(battles;qualifying) are judged by SPEED, angle and line

Anyway, the championship is canceled for this month, it will start in february because of my exams season, but the sign ups are still open for next month.

i didnt wanted to say that is a major factor, i wanted to say that is also an important factor, with other words don't be slow because speed is also a factor on judging besides line, angle, and style...

some rounds will be in weekends, some rounds will be on fridays, i will not host this at the same time with other competitions...

:lol: Sorry. :cheers:

They should have taken the DS3, though. When I used to play tooo much, mine would hide it from me. Hehhee.

Don't worry, the time will come when you can put a "stop" on certain things they can govern over you. Of course, you have to back it up. Can't expect them to trust you

if you don't give them the reasons for it.

Last edited:
:lol: Sorry. :cheers:

They should have taken the DS3, though. When I used to play tooo much, mine would hide it from me. Hehhee.

Don't worry, the time will come when you can put a "stop" on certain things they can govern over you. Of course, you have to back it up. Can't expect them to trust you if you don't give them the reasons for it.
this is very true my parents would just hide my DS3's somewhere and would tell me to do something until they believed I wasn't addicted to video games :lol: good times

Back