(GTTCC-6) | Gran Turismo Touring Car Championship - Season 6 | TNR_FILO, BenMillard and DPR win!Finished 

Should a turbo be installed from round 2 onwards?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why don't we define a tune that everybody has to use? That should keep the racing close, and help pad users over the stock settings.

There isn't really too much difference between pad and wheel users. I know some super quick pad users, and I'm sure @TNR_KING_FILO is one of them, aren't you mate?
yeah i'm a pad user; there's probably a little under a second difference for a 2min lap. I did a piece on this ages ago
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-use-a-controller.334690/page-2#post-10985501
To be honest mate, you have a different tune every time I talk to you. I swear I have had multiple tunes from you for the same car and track. :lol::lol:
evolution mate :lol:

yeah i'm a pad user; there's probably a little under a second difference for a 2min lap. I did a piece on this ages ago
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-use-a-controller.334690/page-2#post-10985501
evolution mate :lol:
Yeah I'm a pad user as well, and to be honest there's pros and cons to each... There's cars that wheel users can handle that pads can't and vice versa...

That said, FILOs pace speaks for itself. I know I have a bit of a rep in GTTCC for being a quick pad user, but his rep span greater lengths of the GTP community, but if our brief scuffle at Spa24 is anything to go by... We both know we'll not be giving an inch if we can help it! 👍

Yeah I'm a pad user as well, and to be honest there's pros and cons to each... There's cars that wheel users can handle that pads can't and vice versa...

That said, FILOs pace speaks for itself. I know I have a bit of a rep in GTTCC for being a quick pad user, but his rep span greater lengths of the GTP community, but if our brief scuffle at Spa24 is anything to go by... We both know we'll not be giving an inch if we can help it! 👍
i hope not! i am expecting good hard racing!

I'm keeping my tunes very much private ;) but I'm not the competitive type... Honest! :lol:

Well that's the thing regarding lining up to the grid, there's a number of guys with GTPSS experience, so lining up on the grid in a sensible manner and being able to take note shouldn't be a problem.

I liked having the format as Reverse Championship order for Race 1, Q and Race 2 then reverse for Race 3... I would suggest going by # order for the opening race of a new season though. Or name order... Or RNG?
You're just saying that as you could be at the back ;)

The thought I had was do it based on testing. Have a kind of Pre-Q across 2 weeks of testing. If you make one then you should be rewarded and placed higher up the grid, then do it based on Pre-Q lap times

Why don't we define a tune that everybody has to use? That should keep the racing close, and help pad users over the stock settings.
The problem with that is monitoring it. The best that could be done is by giving an overall tune. But I do agree with others, at this level I don't see much difference between pad and wheel. Also, the success penalty is meant to make it more even.

I liked having the format as Reverse Championship order for Race 1, Q and Race 2 then reverse for Race 3... I would suggest going by # order for the opening race of a new season though. Or name order... Or RNG?

Or a double qualifying for 1st round ie qualy race qualy race to determine an order for r1

Or a double qualifying for 1st round ie qualy race qualy race to determine an order for r1
Sounds good to me 👍

TBH I don't think if you win a race or are doing well you should be punished.
It's not 'punishment' really. Most touring car series in real life use some form of handicap. It keeps the racing closer and gives different results allowing for a tight championship battle.

Also, the handicap isn't that bad. Doesn't slow the car down that much and it's still easy to win a race.

Most love the success penalty and it's always worked well in the past. :)

If there's anything I've learned from the penalty system is that the class of the field aren't too affected by this... It isn't rare to see a double win, or see someone who's done well in all three races (without winning) to come top of the points table for that round. If you're the kind that can romp home from the front but don't have very good racecraft or can't play it smart, it shows VERY quickly! Especially in Race 1...

If there's anything I've learned from the penalty system is that the class of the field aren't too affected by this... It isn't rare to see a double win, or see someone who's done well in all three races (without winning) to come top of the points table for that round. If you're the kind that can romp home from the front but don't have very good racecraft or can't play it smart, it shows VERY quickly! Especially in Race 1...

Exactly. Different winners and podiums but you'll always have he regulars at the front

So, I'ma be getting my car ready for racing... I'll show you guys the colour scheme I've gone for when I can get home and fire up the PEE ESS THREE tonight.

So, I'ma be getting my car ready for racing... I'll show you guys the colour scheme I've gone for when I can get home and fire up the PEE ESS THREE tonight.
:cheers:

I slapped on a simple tune last night. Car feels a bit better and less understeer. Will post it here in a bit.

Suspension
75 / 75
10.80 / 9.10
2/3
4/2
3/3
0.5 / 0.5
-0.05 / 0.12

LSD
10/8/15

Downforce
130 / 250

Upgraded slip has been installed along with a low turbo - values should reach 499PP 341BHP 950Kg - SS tyres

I'm a bit unsure about the DF settings. That's something you need to try to suit yourself. If you can run a low option, go for it as that should be better, but i'm not gtting enough grip on the exit of corners. Would rather alter DF then change the car to suit the low setting.

Box I haven't touched yet. I may just use the tranny trick but need to remember how to do that :P

I'll add tunes etc to Post 3, and any other important info if people want to check it. If anyone wants to add a tune as well i'll put it in post 3 too.

Suspension
75 / 75
10.80 / 9.10
2/3
4/2
3/3
0.5 / 0.5
-0.05 / 0.12

LSD
10/8/15

Downforce
130 / 250

Upgraded slip has been installed along with a low turbo - values should reach 499PP 341BHP 950Kg - SS tyres

I'm a bit unsure about the DF settings. That's something you need to try to suit yourself. If you can run a low option, go for it as that should be better, but i'm not gtting enough grip on the exit of corners. Would rather alter DF then change the car to suit the low setting.

Box I haven't touched yet. I may just use the tranny trick but need to remember how to do that :P

I'll add tunes etc to Post 3, and any other important info if people want to check it. If anyone wants to add a tune as well i'll put it in post 3 too.
Is the 341 bhp with or without oil change included? I know some like to refrain from oil change, I've started to as well actually.

Tune looks solid, although I'll try to build one from scratch when I get home in a couple hours. I have an idea in mind for what might work...

I hope nobody is planning to use a similar colour to me tonight, I'll unveil that when I get home, also.

Is the 341 bhp with or without oil change included? I know some like to refrain from oil change, I've started to as well actually.

Tune looks solid, although I'll try to build one from scratch when I get home in a couple hours. I have an idea in mind for what might work...

I hope nobody is planning to use a similar colour to me tonight, I'll unveil that when I get home, also.
With oil change mate

the turbo could be why you're not getting exit grip amongst other things
Didn't think of that will try alter it tonight thanks mate

Also oil change doesn't occur for endurance races, for short races like these it is better too. Change oil before entering lobby and it will be fine all night. Or have a second car or change after race 1

We can get the specifics finalized tonight hopefully

Also oil change doesn't occur for endurance races, for short races like these it is better too. Change oil before entering lobby and it will be fine all night. Or have a second car or change after race 1

We can get the specifics finalized tonight hopefully
how long will the test room be open for? also is there a dedicated club people need to join?

Back