(GTTCC-6) | Gran Turismo Touring Car Championship - Season 6 | TNR_FILO, BenMillard and DPR win!Finished 

Should a turbo be installed from round 2 onwards?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'll be in this evening. A quick test with @Antares26 yesterday revealed power limiter costs huge time here.

Also, can we please use Weak slipstream instead of real? Real was causing crashes and reduced overtaking due to the downforce loss in these very long fast corners.

The track has a super narrow groove. Going side by side in turns just causes one car to slide off.

So a mild slipstream that keeps downforce would be safer and enable more passing. That's what Weak provides in WRS recently with low bhp and low category tyres.

I'll be in this evening. A quick test with @Antares26 yesterday revealed power limiter costs huge time here.

Also, can we please use Weak slipstream instead of real? Real was causing crashes and reduced overtaking due to the downforce loss in these very long fast corners.

The track has a super narrow groove. Going side by side in turns just causes one car to slide off.

So a mild slipstream that keeps downforce would be safer and enable more passing. That's what Weak provides in WRS recently with low bhp and low category tyres.
Any objections?

Also, lobby up 👍

Surely it's better not to remove the things that make it challenging? :P

Edit: I've been practicing different lines around most corners and found that you can achieve the same speed different ways. That should allow overtaking to be done on the straights if you're strategic with your overtakes. Let's see how it goes as it is?

Surely it's better not to remove the things that make it challenging? :P

Edit: I've been practicing different lines around most corners and found that you can achieve the same speed different ways. That should allow overtaking to be done on the straights if you're strategic with your overtakes. Let's see how it goes as it is?
I agree. It may make the racing boring, but it hasn't in the past here.

numbers weren't great, and some small issues, but some of the best racing I've ever had. Race 1 was a fluke lol. Would have had a decent string of points except for a silly mistake race 3. Was 100% effort and focus in all races. Didn't have the overall pace (Ben deserves DOTD, that speed in all 3 races. Damn) but was great racing. Top stuff all :cheers:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Ga_a0VHMB0qQC9uSR1HgPkEwq0jkXJrtknfHrELHau4/viewform

Championship should be close now hopefully :D

Is there a trick that I don't know about that speeds up your pitstops? Because someone came in after me, quite a way back, and we left almost together. I dismiss the pit selection menu as quickly as possible, so I have no idea what it is. :/

Is there a trick that I don't know about that speeds up your pitstops? Because someone came in after me, quite a way back, and we left almost together. I dismiss the pit selection menu as quickly as possible, so I have no idea what it is. :/
Usually your first put stop in any lobby is your slowest. No idea if that was the case here.

Usually your first put stop in any lobby is your slowest. No idea if that was the case here.

I feel like it's most races, but I noticed in most in Race 3, which would've been the second race in that lobby. Very strange.

Willow Springs: Big Willow, Rounds 10, 11 and 12
Mighty fine rounds they were, too!

The slipstream was a problem in my view. Overtakes were hard because Real is feeble and reduces your grip a little. On this track, with high speed exits onto the acceleration zones, passing was rare.

If you did get near someone it was pretty marginal, maybe no overlap at all. Weak would make passing so much safer - and more frequent!

This worked in my favour, in the end. Tried changing the tune a little and it mostly worked, helping to offset the nearly maximum power limiter I had each race. Following cars fell away because the tow was too weak, or the wake made them wash out wide.

When I did encounter other cars, the racing was tremendous. Epic 2nd half to most races for me as I traded places with StormPacer, True-blue-8 and others.

No wins or poles, no fastest lap nor laps led as far as I recall. But I take a hat-trick of 2nd places which is mega points given the power limit and how bad I was when I started driving the car here the day before!

Epic series, pro drivers and pro-active stewarding when needed. Best racing series I've been in with any game 👍

Last edited:
Race 1 was just bad, got a false start and made silly mistakes that cost me a potential podium. Got the lucky break in Race 2 winning from pole and scoring fastest lap, which balances out my poor finish in R1. Finally in Race 3 the dunce cap just held me back and I slowed down too much thinking I had hit @True-blue-8 off the track coming into the final corner.

At least the streak of one podium a race continues, and I was finally able to convert a front row start to a win, which is very encouraging.

@Ash9414 I do think your in/out lap makes a difference. Not only the time you game, but the pits seems to recognize it. Pit stop is always iffy though, especially willow. Not sure If you've noticed but when you drive past someone in the pits, your speed drops a few miles, and it's slower going into the box. It's worse as i'm the last box :lol: But trying not to pit behind someone is a good idea at times.

@BenMillard I just have no idea how you were so quick. Wins don't matter in this series, it's all of your races, so a massive haul, congrats 👍

@Antares26 Awsome pace mate, although over race distance no one could touch Ben. Race 3 was just one of those things. I stopped pushing, made a few silly mistakes. Outside of the last turn I turned in slightly earlier and the game must have sent me flying. Sometimes does that where another driver can't feel anything. Just to let you know though you did get a mild warning race 3. Nothing major, just squeezing storm out and he had to slam on the brakes (lap 2 'S' Bends) but nothing major.

Great stuff all around :cheers:

@Antares26 Awsome pace mate, although over race distance no one could touch Ben. Race 3 was just one of those things. I stopped pushing, made a few silly mistakes. Outside of the last turn I turned in slightly earlier and the game must have sent me flying. Sometimes does that where another driver can't feel anything. Just to let you know though you did get a mild warning race 3. Nothing major, just squeezing storm out and he had to slam on the brakes (lap 2 'S' Bends) but nothing major.

Great stuff all around :cheers:
Yeah, I deserve that warning. I was trying to get side by side but I think I turned too much inside and got a tire on the gravel, so I ended up understeering to the outside, and I did see him slow down to avoid hitting me. My bad @Storm_SP17.

There were a few hiccups and things that spoiled my overall tally.

Race 1 I got a false start, which undoubtedly held up @Ash9414... the funny thing was that I recall tapping my handbrake button to hold the car in place, turning on my heater (under my table to warm my feet) only to have my car rolling back and getting a 5-second false start, my third out of 8 races... had an excursion or two, and even clipped @Antares26 into Turn 1 with a couple laps to go. If it didn't look like I didn't slow, it's mainly because I was half waiting for the catch-up by coasting but still tried to keep somewhat decent pace to try and catch Ash and @TNR_KING_FILO if they tangled themselves up. Once he'd taken back the position, I picked my spot to retake it in epic fashion on lap 14. Worth a look!

Race 2, I couldn't touch Antares' pace, and the undercut from @BenMillard in the pits saw us both trading positions in a very tense encounter that, again, is definitely worth checking out! Strangely, I wasn't getting that heart-thumping feeling, but I was excited and very motivated and focussed on making moves that Ben wasn't expecting, but he knew how to position his car to defend his position, and got a cut back every time at the final corner to get ahead of me. I had fresher tyres, and knew if I could make a move stick I could use my later stop and fresh tyres to edge away, but nope, hats off to Ben for his racecraft, he bested me and earned that 2nd place! Much respect!

Race 3 could've done without the little tap onto the sand by @Antares26 but as long as there was no malice, and it's a minor blip that doesn't happen frequently... I can forgive and forget. Other than that, I put pay to my own race in large part; first with going off twice, then with the very late pit stop. I had very fresh tyres at the end and that really would have helped me if I was with the battle that unfolded ahead of me, but I got rather lucky with @True-blue-8 and Antares coming together and snagged that 4th place.

I've noticed something with the pit stops that might be rather useful information to consider when racing. What I will say is this: Pay very close attention to what your pit box is! The order in which we enter the lobby determines our box position, and how much attention you pay to the driver's your racing and THEIR grid box position, AND when you decide to pit in relation to them during the race is very crucial. To add, there are very subtle details and processes that happen during the pit stop mechanics that are also essential for minimising time lost or even maximising time gained on other drivers.

In short, when you pit is so much more strategic than just putting the fresh tyres on at the right time! If you're confused or want to know what the heck I'm talking about, let me know. 👍

There were a few hiccups and things that spoiled my overall tally.

Race 1 I got a false start, which undoubtedly held up @Ash9414... the funny thing was that I recall tapping my handbrake button to hold the car in place, turning on my heater (under my table to warm my feet) only to have my car rolling back and getting a 5-second false start, my third out of 8 races... had an excursion or two, and even clipped @Antares26 into Turn 1 with a couple laps to go. If it didn't look like I didn't slow, it's mainly because I was half waiting for the catch-up by coasting but still tried to keep somewhat decent pace to try and catch Ash and @TNR_KING_FILO if they tangled themselves up. Once he'd taken back the position, I picked my spot to retake it in epic fashion on lap 14. Worth a look!

Race 2, I couldn't touch Antares' pace, and the undercut from @BenMillard in the pits saw us both trading positions in a very tense encounter that, again, is definitely worth checking out! Strangely, I wasn't getting that heart-thumping feeling, but I was excited and very motivated and focussed on making moves that Ben wasn't expecting, but he knew how to position his car to defend his position, and got a cut back every time at the final corner to get ahead of me. I had fresher tyres, and knew if I could make a move stick I could use my later stop and fresh tyres to edge away, but nope, hats off to Ben for his racecraft, he bested me and earned that 2nd place! Much respect!

Race 3 could've done without the little tap onto the sand by @Antares26 but as long as there was no malice, and it's a minor blip that doesn't happen frequently... I can forgive and forget. Other than that, I put pay to my own race in large part; first with going off twice, then with the very late pitstop. I had very fresh tyres at the end and that really would have helped me if I was with the battle that unfolded ahead of me, but I got rather lucky with @True-blue-8 and Antares coming together and snagged that 4th place.

I've noticed something with the pits tops that might be rather useful information to consider when racing. What I will say is this: Pay very close attention to what your pit box is! The order in which we enter the lobby determines our box position, and how much attention you pay to the driver's your racing and THEIR grid box position, AND when you decide to pit in relation to them during the race is very crucial. To add, there are very subtle details and processes that happen during the pit stop mechanics that are also essential for minimising time lost or even maximising time gained on other drivers. In short, when you pit is so much more strategic than just putting the fresh tyres on at the right time! If you're confused or want to know what the heck I'm talking about, let me know. 👍
The move on race 1 was so nicely done, I was really struggling to find my lines during that race so I felt like I was all over the place, that maneuver somewhat slipped my mind cause I was so ticked after DC'ing right after the race ended :crazy:

The move on race 1 was so nicely done, I was really struggling to find my lines during that race so I felt like I was all over the place, that maneuver somewhat slipped my mind cause I was so ticked after DC'ing right after the race ended :crazy:
I can relate, I think all of us can! :lol:

This track is very deceptive when it comes to finding the optimum line, I just find that most of the time you're trying to use a bit of imagination because there's barely any physical references to go by! That move relied heavily on a double bluff: I had to rely on you not braking early to defend the inside, whilst relying on you to think that I was expecting you to defend the inside instead of taking the racing line. I'm proud of that move, but I was kinda lucky too.

Last edited:
I can relate, I think all of us can! :lol:

This track is very deceptive when it comes to finding the optimum line, I just find that most of the time you're trying to use a bit of imagination because there's barely any physical references to go by! That move relied heavily on a double bluff: I had to rely on you not braking early to defend the inside, and relied on you expecting me to make a move round the outside because you thought I was expecting you to defend the inside. I'm proud of that move, but I was kinda lucky too.
I knew you were there, and I was really trying to give space so that we don't make contact, and I already had a lot of understeer with the worn tires, so I knew as soon as we went side by side you were going to make that stick, from then on it was just about me being patient on the throttle not to hit you on the way out.

First championship has been decided. Points are extremely close. Ben has pulled away to catch FILO up, but it's still all to play for!

@Antares26 I did lead a lap Race 2. Pit box was just over the start/finish line. How lucky am I :lol:

Just watched back the replays and sent in a few very minor things. Nothing that is likely to get a penalty in my view. But maybe a bit of advice needed about moving near braking zones and understanding the responsibility to leave double space when making the race 3 wide.

6th to 2nd in every race, how strange! TNR_FILO found form in the very last race, a blazing 1m19.591s. :eek:

Slow pit entry is usually because the pit crew before yours are already waiting for their driver. That makes you enter through a tight chicane line at about 20km/h. Also when you exit, they avoid releasing you in front of another car. And if the pit box ahead has a crew waiting, you exit with a sharp chicane.

A few drivers coasted straight into their pit box at about 50km/h. There is no penalty for fast entry here. Although, if you had the very first box, you might just miss it with a full speed entry. (Think I've done that in career mode with supercars?)

Results - Race Meeting 4

Round 10

1. True-blue-8 (308BHP)
2. BenMillard (293BHP)
3. Ash9418 (303BHP)
4. TNR_FILO (288BHP)
5. StormPacer17
6. The_Noir_Antares (298BHP)
7. M0_M0_1983
Fastest Lap - BenMillard - 1.20.168
Lap Leaders - True-blue-8, BenMillard, TNR_FILO, StormPacer17

Round 11
1. The_Noir_Antares
2. BenMillard (293BHP)
3. StormPacer17 (308BHP)
4. True-blue-8 (288BHP)
5. Ash9418 (298BHP) (Position Swap)
6. TNR_FILO (303bhp) (Position Swap)
DNF. M0_M0_1983
Fastest Lap - The_Noir_Antares - 1.19.798
Lap Leaders - The_Noir_Antares, True-blue-8
Pole Position - The_Noir_Antares - 1.20.132

Round 12
1. TNR_FILO (308BHP)
2. BenMillard (293BHP)
3. Ash9418
4. StormPacer17 (298BHP)
5. The_Noir_Antares (288BHP)
6. True-blue-8 (303BHP)
Fastest Lap - TNR_FILO - 1.19.591
Lap Leaders - TNR_FILO, StormPacer17

Driver Of The Day - BenMillard

Congratulations to @BenMillard who has won the Independent championship as a Privateer :cheers:

Hooray! Something to make my signature 10% as impressive as most of the regulars on GT Planet. :D

Many thanks to those who voted for me, too. Remember to bump me past FILO in the next two meetings. :lol:

Not to take anything away from you, but was there actually any regular competition in the Independent Championship? :P Congrats anyway!

Last edited:
Back