Gunpla/Gundam/Zoids model thread

• Thread starter Heldenzeit
  • 189 comments
I've got several old HGUC models bought many years ago ( MS08th RX79G+Zaku II pack, Gundam Leopard and V2 Buster Gundam ), never had the time to build them :( and still wanted to find a cheap Operation V HGUC Pack ( the trio RX78-2, RX77 and RX75 )

Need that determination to buy all the necessary stuff to build them proper :(

I don't know how comparable it is to the PG so I don't want to say something that doesn't hold true for MG. I've read though the pieces fall off if you so much as look at them the wrong way while in NT-D, so that might be worth looking out for. :P

well that sucks. I love the colors and weapons on the Banshee but I don't like a hand grenade as a toy. :indiff:

I've got several old HGUC models bought many years ago ( MS08th RX79G+Zaku II pack, Gundam Leopard and V2 Buster Gundam ), never had the time to build them :( and still wanted to find a cheap Operation V HGUC Pack ( the trio RX78-2, RX77 and RX75 )

Need that determination to buy all the necessary stuff to build them proper :(

Go for plastic nippers first. It's the most important tool you're gonna need.

If you're gunning for the Operation V Set, I suggest skipping that and buy them individually because the Guncannon and RX-78-2 both have Revive version. Same line, HGUC, but up-to-date engineering and leaner proportions which makes them a hundred times better than the older ones. As for the Guntank, it doesn't have a Revive yet so you only have one option for that.

Go for plastic nippers first. It's the most important tool you're gonna need.

If you're gunning for the Operation V Set, I suggest skipping that and buy them individually because the Guncannon and RX-78-2 both have Revive version. Same line, HGUC, but up-to-date engineering and leaner proportions which makes them a hundred times better than the older ones. As for the Guntank, it doesn't have a Revive yet so you only have one option for that.

I have X-acto blade, and small cutting plier, maybe I can use them :) I will look into the revive version.

When I was a kid, I used to have RX78-2 action figure made of metal, it was lost though :( For now, I got a little size RX78-2 plastic snap on model made, only a few inches high :P

IMAG0218_1_1_1.jpg

These IBO kits are great, cheap prices with great qualities. Shame the story wasn't that good.

You going to brush on some weathering in there, right? You going to make it look like a battle veteran with dirt and dust in the nooks and crannies, right?

I prefer a cleaner look to my kits so weathering isn't my bag. If anything, I'll pre-shade once I can be bothered to invest in an airbrush.

Ok well, at least give it some "depth" to its form. You can see the white plastic negative space between the palm and index finger!

Latest Posts

Back