HaB-Racing (ONLINE only): LM/LMP to 450-600pp roadcars sports tyres - 2015 revisions COMING SOON

• Thread starter Highlandor
  • 745 comments
I just think they're great baselines for working on my own driving. If the car is good, it gives you the perfect base to learn new things, become quicker, become better on tyres etc.

Will definitely be trying the others as well, you've earned the accolade of becoming my go-to tuning garage so all these are going on my cars haha

Cool - thank you :D

Renault Megane RS '08 - SPORTS hard - 450pp

Stock: aero

Engine - MID turbo & exhaust parts
FULL weight reduction = 1147kgs
Fully custom gearbox (stock ratios)

* * * ALWAYS read 1st post before trying setup * * *

Suspension (SOFT):

110 / 110
5.71 / 4.76
1 / 3
2 / 4
6 / 5
0.3 / 0.7
+0.10 / -0.05

Suspension (HARD):

110 / 110
9.55 / 6.10
3 / 5
5 / 6 (some driving styles/tracks might be better with fr ext at 4)
3 / 3 (use 4 / 4 for more high grip tracks / tyres)
0.4 / 0.6
+0.10 / -0.08

Racing brakes:

4 / 6

LSD:

NOTE:

For more lift off turn in, raise fr ride height and lower rr same amount, change 3mm at a time i.e. 110/107, 113/107.

Last edited:
Lancia Delta HF Integrale Evoluzione '91 - SPORTS hard - 475pp (V1.2)

Engine - tune to required pp
Weight reduction stage 3 - 1115kgs
Fully-Custom gearbox

Suspension:

125 / 120
7.37 / 7.80
3 / 5
3 / 5
2 / 1
1.0 / 0.5
-0.20 / +0.02

Racing brakes:

3 / 9

LSD:

18 / 10
24 / 10
30 / 5

Torque split:

25 / 75

Last edited:
Volvo C30 R-Design '09 - SPORTS hard - 450pp

Full weight reduction = 1171kgs
Fully custom gearbox

Suspension (SOFT):

110 / 110
4.94 / 5.22
1 / 3
2 / 4
6 / 5
0.4 / 0.6
+0.10 / -0.08

Suspension (MEDIUM):

110 / 110
9.23 / 7.36
3 / 5
5 / 6
3 / 3
0.4 / 0.6
+0.10 / -0.08

Racing brakes:

4 / 5 (you will have to adjust brakes to suit your style / track grip level)

LSD:

NOTE:

For more lift off turn in, raise fr ride height and lower rr same amount, change 3mm at a time i.e. 110/107, 113/107.

Recommend running long 1st and 2nd gear to help put power down, with mid turbo it helps to protect front tyres from too much wear.

Last edited:
Renault Megane Trophy Base Model '11 - RACING hards / SPORTS soft- 511pp (V1.2)

SPORTS SOFT

Stock: weight, aero, engine

Suspension:

65 / 65
9.21 / 12.00
4 / 2
6 / 3
3 / 3
1.0 / 0.5
-0.05 / +0.05

Brakes:

5 / 5

LSD:

RACING HARDS

Stock: weight, aero, engine

Suspension:

65 / 65
9.21 / 12.00
4 / 1
8 / 2
3 / 3
0.8 / 0.5
0.00 / +0.10

Brakes:

5 / 5

LSD:

Last edited:
Thank you, no worries - what issues are you having at Silverstone - understeer / oversteer, traction - please advise ad I'll try and help 👍

Where is this happening:

1) on brakes
2) lifting off brakes / apex
3) exiting corner

Low / mid or high speed corners?

I'm back for more!! lol, Highlandor, you and your boys have done a great job with these set-ups thanks again. The latest set-up I tried was the BMW Z4 GT3 '11 @ Mount Panorama, WOW! GREAT STUFF!. The Z4 was a hazard to spectators under heavy braking & now I can even drive it in deep!! Very good job with the Z4 & I advise ANYONE who had trouble with this car previously to try this set-up. As far as the SLS goes, I still have to drive it some more, but I can tell you I'm trouble on exit (pushing). I still need to drive it more to give better feedback. I also have another request if your willing lol, I would greatly appreciate ANY type of set-up for the DeltaWing (Mazda power) (chrome model). Thanks again man!!!

Mitsubishi EVO VI GSR T.M. SCP '99 - SPORTS hard - 550pp

Stock: Gearbox (again, would benefit from change to custom), aero..

Full weight reduction, engine tune up to required PP

Suspension:

115 / 105
11.03 / 6.75
2 / 4
1 / 4
2 / 5
1.0 / 1.0
+0.10 / -0.02

Racing brakes:

3 / 9

AYC = 110%

NOTE: as with early GT5, PD screwed up the diffs/ayc on the EVOs, but in GT6 they have really gone to town. The AYC is "copied" onto the custom diff initial setting!!

It looks a bit weird, and we thought it'd screw the car, but it didn't...

PD will have to patch this at some point, so we'll have to re-evalute the EVOs setups when that happens..

👍 Thumbs way up! You've done the Evo proud here. I've got mine fully tuned on SMs and this still works a treat. I am going to have to re-buy my Evo though, cos in the rushing of buying each part I bought the LSD... which has really screwed it around. (It means you've got both LSD and AYC which is just 🤬 And you can't just take it off!!)

But the suspension setup is solid. Great turn in and stability 👍

I'm back for more!! lol, Highlandor, you and your boys have done a great job with these set-ups thanks again. The latest set-up I tried was the BMW Z4 GT3 '11 @ Mount Panorama, WOW! GREAT STUFF!. The Z4 was a hazard to spectators under heavy braking & now I can even drive it in deep!! Very good job with the Z4 & I advise ANYONE who had trouble with this car previously to try this set-up. As far as the SLS goes, I still have to drive it some more, but I can tell you I'm trouble on exit (pushing). I still need to drive it more to give better feedback. I also have another request if your willing lol, I would greatly appreciate ANY type of set-up for the DeltaWing (Mazda power) (chrome model). Thanks again man!!!

Thank you so much - really appreciate the feedback 👍 The Z4 was probably the weirdest FR car to date that we have tuned, felt like the crazy MR cars and had to utilise a similiar tuning technique to get it to behave.

I'll have a look at the SLS, hopefully we should be able to find some tweaks to help.

Deltawing - sorry, I dont do tricycles(!!!!!!) :lol: Mmmmmm, oki doki, I wasn't going to buy it as I hate it, but I might have a go... :sly:

👍 Thumbs way up! You've done the Evo proud here. I've got mine fully tuned on SMs and this still works a treat. I am going to have to re-buy my Evo though, cos in the rushing of buying each part I bought the LSD... which has really screwed it around. (It means you've got both LSD and AYC which is just 🤬 And you can't just take it off!!)

But the suspension setup is solid. Great turn in and stability 👍

Thank you :D I'm a big Evo fan so I wanted to get one or two done, it seems like PD hasn't made them as slow (compared to their rivals) as what they were on GT5..

Dont worry about the LSD, just use stock one and change AYC - it doesn't seem to affect the car. How on earth PD managed to merge them and not notice :rolleyes:

Did you ever race prologue - there was someone with a similar PSN ID as your name, always raced a California @ 650pp intermediate, dont suppose that was you?

Hello Highlandor,
you released a lot of adjustment, I will have to test all this, :odd:
I wanted to ask you please, if you could do a setup for "AMG Mercedes 190 E 2.5 Evolution II '92" for the Nordschleife with PP 550 and also the "1969 Camaro Z28 Race car" for as 550PP Nordschleife ??
if you can not, that's okay, I understand you erhaps other car has done before but there's no hurry
thank you for sharing all these and soon, 👍
good evening

EDIT: I sent you a friend request

Last edited:
The new tunes are superb, Highlandor! I appreciate all the effort you've put in so far. I'll be sure to send a friend request your way, as well.

Oh, I second seb's suggestion on the Benz, by the way :)

Hello Highlandor,
I wanted to ask you please, if you could do a setup for "AMG Mercedes 190 E 2.5 Evolution II '92" for the Nordschleife with PP 550 and also the "1969 Camaro Z28 Race car" for as 550PP Nordschleife ??
if you can not, that's okay, I understand you erhaps other car has done before but there's no hurry
good evening

Salut Seb

1969 Camaro racecar = very cool car :bowdown:

I will try, but maybe in a few days. Merc EVI II '92 also very cool car, but why PD not gives us old skool M3 to race against :dopey:

Yes, I'll do this at weekend :D

The new tunes are superb, Highlandor! I appreciate all the effort you've put in so far. I'll be sure to send a friend request your way, as well.

Thank you 👍

Which tunes did you try?

I don't use the GTP PSN ID very much at the moment, much time spent doing setups, usually use GTP ID after a few months when things settle down a bit...

At the moment all my cars are on another ID..

I'm very much enjoying your setups mate!! If I wanted a baseline suspension tune for a FR,RR car, would that tuning calc in your OP do a good job?

I was also wondering if you could do a quick write up on tuning suspension, dampers and LSD? Ie to reduce (or induce) understeer on entry, mid corner, or exit, try these steps, (in order of what to address first), and also to reduce/induce oversteer in said situations? Just for basic corner types like slow speed, and sweepers.

It would be a great help to many of us who are trying to learn to tune, and your setups are superb IMO, So I couldnt think of a better guy to ask . any guide, or basic tips for common situations you could do would help greatly and be much appreciated.:cheers:
AJ

EDIT: Tune requests/ideas:

North america
Chevy: C6 and C5 z06 'vette @550 SH,
Chevy: C4 Grand sport '96 @ 550SH, (or any and all 'vettes lol)
Chevy: Camaro IROC z concept '88 @ 450 SH,
Chevy: Camaro SS '00 (detuned) @ 450 SH, or at 550 SH
Chevy: Camaro ss '10 @ 550 SH
Cadillac: CTSV coupe '11 @ 550 RH
Posi Motorsports: Camaro RS @ 550 SH
Stielow: Red devil @ 550 (detuned ) SH
Buick: GNX '87 @450 SH
Art Morrison: Corvette '60 @ 550 SH
Hight End Performance: G37 @ 550 SH
SRT: viper SRT10 coupe '06 @ 550 SH (or any vipers that you like)

Australia:
Holden : monaro cv8 @ 450 (detuned) or 550 SH
Holden: SS commodore @ whatever PI SH
Ford: Falcon XR8 touring car, with no PP upgrades for spec races.

And now for the holy grail, my ultimate request lol...
Volvo: 240 GLT estate '88. With max weight reduction (if possible) @450 SH

Geez I could go forever because I want your tunes on all my favorite cars lol..basically Any fun cars @450 or 550 SH is the sweetspot for me, I like the unusual suspects the most. BTW I LOVE your 350zRS tune, and the 22b.. Havent had a chance to try the rest very much because I couldnt stop driving these two ;)

Sorry for the long post, keep up the good work. I for one, really appreciate it :)

Last edited:
Thank you :D I'm a big Evo fan so I wanted to get one or two done, it seems like PD hasn't made them as slow (compared to their rivals) as what they were on GT5..

Dont worry about the LSD, just use stock one and change AYC - it doesn't seem to affect the car. How on earth PD managed to merge them and not notice :rolleyes:

Did you ever race prologue - there was someone with a similar PSN ID as your name, always raced a California @ 650pp intermediate, dont suppose that was you?

No, I never raced on prologue with this PSN name. So it wasn't me!

Yeah, the AYC is such an amazing piece of kit. As you say, how they merged them and not noticed is crazy. But I don't think it's affecting the car. When you choose the LSD, the rear initial torque setting is changing the level on the AYC, so visaversa.

What's really screwed up is when you've got the LSD on the Evo, you can't take it off again. :dunce:

Rebought the car and I can confirm now that this Evo VI tune of yours is the mutts nuts :D:tup:

(Dodge) SRT Viper GTS-R Concept '00 - SPORTS medium - 594pp (V2.0)

Fully custom gearbox
Weight reduction stage 3 - 1283kgs

Supercharger & racing exhaust

Suspension:

85 / 85
10.38 / 12.52
6 / 4
2 / 3
5 / 5
0.5 / 0.5
-0.15 / 0.02

Racing brakes:

5 / 5

LSD:

Last edited:
SRT Viper GTS '13 - SPORTS medium - 600pp (V2.0)

Engine - SUPERCHARGER & other tuning parts
Fully custom gearbox
Weight reduction stage 3 - 1260kgs

Suspension:

105 / 105
10.42 / 11.38
2 / 3
2 / 3
4 / 4
0.5 / 0.5
-0.05 / +0.02

Racing brakes:

5 / 5

LSD:

Gearbox - 1st & 2nd - all way to left, 6th - all way to right, evenly space out 3/4/5th between

Last edited:
Audi R8 5.2 FSI quattro '09 - SPORTS medium - 597pp (V2.1)

Fully custom gearbox (stock ratio's)
Weight reduction stage 3 - 1312kgs

Suspension:

100 / 100
8.81 / 12.84
2 / 1
6 / 3
5 / 5
0.5 / 0.5
-0.05 / +0.02

Racing brakes:

5 / 5

LSD:

5 / 7 (stock)
20 / 10 (custom)
20 / 40 (custom)

Fr/Rr torque split:

30 : 70

Torque distribution - STOCK (30/70)

Vorsprung durch technik Highlandor :D

Last edited:
Mercedes SLS AMG '10 - SPORTS medium 600pp (V2.0)

Engine tuned to required pp
Fully custom gearbox
Weight reduction stage 3 - 1312kgs

Sports MEDIUM:

95 / 95
9.98 / 13.17
2 / 3
2 / 3
4 / 3
0.5 / 0.5
-0.10 / +0.02

Racing brakes:

5 / 5

LSD:

Last edited:
Hi Highlandor,

Been using your setups on here and they are sweet! Been winning races online with them against some pretty fast people, the dc5 and clio I was able to take half a second off my best time round indy with my setup. Gonna be trying some of these latest one right now! Thanks for the time you have put into this.

Hello Highlandor,
good evening

Had a quick go with the merc, not sure it it's ok or still to stiff, posting setup now..

Let me know if you need it adjusting, those kerbs are a launchpads..!!

Mercedes AMG 190e 2.5-16 Evolution II '92 (racecar) - RACING hards - 542pp (no oil change though, so it'll get nearer 550pp with fresh oil) - Nordschleife setup

Engine - LOW turbo kit (turbo 1)

Suspension:

70 / 70
12.07 / 11.52
2 / 4
1 / 2
0.5 / 1.0
-0.18 / +0.02

Brakes:

5 / 5

LSD:

Run max aero at front, then as little as possible on the rear, whilst still retaining balance/stabilty. Maybe start with a fr / rr difference of "150" i.e. fr = 350 / rr = 500

Ford (au) 2000 Falcon XR8 - RACING hards - 594pp

Stock: engine, aero

Suspension (i) - SOFT:

80 / 80
18.48 / 14.78
1 / 3
3 / 4
7 / 6
0.0 / 0.0
-0.15 / +0.02

Suspension (ii) - MEDIUM:

75 / 75
22.90 / 18.32
4 / 4
5 / 6
4 / 4
0.0 / 0.0
-0.15 / +0.02

Suspension (iii) - HARD:

70 / 70
28.07 / 21.10
5 / 7
7 / 8
2 / 1
0.0 / 0.0
-0.15 / +0.02

Brakes:

4 / 5

LSD:

Last edited:
I'm very much enjoying your setups mate!! If I wanted a baseline suspension tune for a FR,RR car, would that tuning calc in your OP do a good job?

I was also wondering if you could do a quick write up on tuning suspension, dampers and LSD? Ie to reduce (or induce) understeer on entry, mid corner, or exit, try these steps, (in order of what to address first), and also to reduce/induce oversteer in said situations? Just for basic corner types like slow speed, and sweepers.

And now for the holy grail, my ultimate request lol...
Volvo: 240 GLT estate '88. With max weight reduction (if possible) @450 SH

Geez I could go forever because I want your tunes on all my favorite cars lol..basically Any fun cars @450 or 550 SH is the sweetspot for me, I like the unusual suspects the most. BTW I LOVE your 350zRS tune, and the 22b.. Havent had a chance to try the rest very much because I couldnt stop driving these two ;)

Sorry for the long post, keep up the good work. I for one, really appreciate it :)

Just popped a tune in for the Ford Falcon :D The 350Z RS is a personal favourite, it's so under-rated, it was a real weapon in online races. The Z as a whole is often forgotten, but the special edition ones (NISMO's, Amuse's, Opera, and RS) are very, very fast cars - lb for lb with PP etc being equal..

Haha - the Volvo 240 - yes, been looking at things like this. I'm a big aircooled fan, so I think the Splitty will get some treatment first, but the 240 is definately on the cards :D

Yes, something will be updated to help others with tuning, but it's a lot of work explaining it all..

Many thanks for your feedback and kind comments - really appreciate it 👍

No, I never raced on prologue with this PSN name. So it wasn't me!
Yeah, the AYC is such an amazing piece of kit. As you say, how they merged them and not noticed is crazy. But I don't think it's affecting the car. When you choose the LSD, the rear initial torque setting is changing the level on the AYC, so visaversa.
What's really screwed up is when you've got the LSD on the Evo, you can't take it off again. :dunce:

Rebought the car and I can confirm now that this Evo VI tune of yours is the mutts nuts :D:tup:

Wow - thank you so much :D 👍

Hoping to do some more EVOs soon, the RS and MR were the ones to go for in GT5, looking to maybe do something with one of them soon..

Hi Highlandor,

Been using your setups on here and they are sweet! Been winning races online with them against some pretty fast people, the dc5 and clio I was able to take half a second off my best time round indy with my setup. Gonna be trying some of these latest one right now! Thanks for the time you have put into this.

Cool - really appreciate your feedback and kind words 👍

Many thanks :D

Mercedes AMG 190e 2.5-16 Evolution II '92 (racecar) - RACING hards - 542pp (no oil change though, so it'll get nearer 550pp with fresh oil) - Nordschleife setup

Engine - LOW turbo kit (turbo 1)

Suspension:

70 / 70
12.07 / 11.52
2 / 4
1 / 2
0.5 / 1.0
-0.18 / +0.02

Brakes:

5 / 5

LSD:

Run max aero at front, then as little as possible on the rear, whilst still retaining balance/stabilty. Maybe start with a fr / rr difference of "150" i.e. fr = 350 / rr = 500

Hello Highlandor,
thank you for the setup of the Mercedes, you are fast, wowww ...:eek:
then to mount a 550PP I change the oil, put the second turbo, add 72 KG and engine power 90.9,
you think what ??
I have not tested it yet, I want you to juice that is done
again thank you and good night :)

Hello Highlandor,
thank you for the setup of the Mercedes, you are fast, wowww ...:eek:
then to mount a 550PP I change the oil, put the second turbo, add 72 KG and engine power 90.9,
you think what ??
I have not tested it yet, I want you to juice that is done
again thank you and good night :)

Salut Seb.

No, no ballast, use turbo 1.

Using ballast you will not learn about setups, every car must be 0kgs ballast, then you learn much about setups.

If you are only 547 / 549pp - this does not matter..

Sometimes 10/15bhp not important, if you can learn to take these setups and change them for you, this is worth much more than 1 or 3 pp :D

👍

If you really want, you can have ballast - it's your setup :D

You can change / do with it what you like, but this not help to learn what works in GT.. :sly:

Check your tune for the Lancia Delta, I'm sure your missing something.
Edit: unless they are both the same ?

Setup listed as "highlandor" not complete, the one listed as "HaB-Racing" is the one you want :D

Back