Ichio
Yasagi

"Hi, Ichio!"
"Hey, Yasagi."
"So how was the study thing you told me?"
"Oh, umm... it's going pretty well."
"Need any help?"
"No, but thanks Yasagi."

The hallways of the University was always so labyrinth-like. Nearly every student had to carry & use a map just to get to a room that is only adjacent to where they are! For me though I was able to memorize almost half of the campus directories. Yasagi however is one of the few who had to use a map, like now.

"Hey Ichio, do you know where the Bio Hall is?"
"I think you go downstairs and go down 3 hallways and make a right. It should be there."
"Down this way?"

We were standing nearby a staircase. The story we are on now is "Level 3".

"Yup."
"Alright, thanks Ichio!"

As he ran down the staircase, I continued on to the Extensive Library on the 3rd level. The University was known in Japan for having almost every book in the world, from Encyclopedias to even children's books. Though it is owned by the University, so no one other than the students is able to check out the books. And when some public libraries asked to borrow or buy some of the books, most of them gets denied. Plus, it is one of the places in the college that is highly secured and maintained. Even some of the professors use this as their hunting grounds for fresh brain food!

I placed my things down on an empty table and began my bearing for the right aisle. The Library was so massive! And since the weight will just plummet even through reinforced steel, the layout extended down like the elevators in a mall. but instead the aisles were lined up around the corkscrew stairs. Each level corresponds to a sector of books: Level 1 being Magazines, Merchandise (the University agreed to sign up to this Business program), and Children's books. Level 2 being Fiction. And Level 3 being Nonfiction. And since I'm on Level 3, I don't have to bother descending a level.

Once I found and got to the right aisle, I cornered in and... Wham! A second later I find myself on the floor with my head feeling like it got hit with a lead pipe. Finding out what happened, it was just a student who ran into me.

I got up and offered to help the person up.

"It's, it's quite alright. I can get up myself, thank you."

Soon I found out it was a girl, from the person's tone. Interesting.. I don't find much girls in the library, especially in the afternoon..

"Uhh, I'm sorry about that. Are you alright?"
"Mm-hm. I'm okay, thank you. And I'm sorry as well. Are you okay?"
"Yeah, I'm fine. And no-prob. Turning into aisles always is startling."
"Yeah.."
"By the way, what is your name?"
"It's... Amiru."
"Nice to meet you, Amiru-san. Mines is Ichio."
"Joy to meet in such an odd scenario.."

We both laughed.

"So, umm... not to be nosy or anything but, what are you doing in the library?"
"I'm wondering more about your purpose here."
Oh. I just find books... fun."
"So you find Physics fun?"
"Oh, no! I was just looking around for the right aisle."
"Hmmm..."
What? It's true!"
"I know, I know. I was being testy."
"Okay...?"
"Anyway, I gotta get going. I need as much time as possible to review out my Physics homework."
"O--oh! Sorry.. Carry on, then."

Before I entered the aisle, I got a swift look at her. It is odd to find a girl in the library, but it is even odder that she is actually peaceful in a conversation. 9 time out of 10 whenever I begin a conversation with a female student here they seem to be noisy or insufficient or ineffective. Not that I'm judgmental -- the female demographics just is in this University. So I made a decision.

"Hey! Amiru!"
"What is it, Ichio?"

I ran over to her.

"What are you studying?"
"Umm, becoming a pediatrician. Why?"
"Oh. I just thought you would be interested in Science."
"Actually... I'm in a rut. I dunno if I want to become a pediatrician or a Zoologist."
"I see..."
"I'm sorry, but excuse me Ichio-san. Besides, you have no time to waste on your homework."
"Wait!"
"Yes?"
"Do you want to meet up again during Lunch?"
"I'm... I'm sorry. I have something I must do whilst that time.."
"Then we can try tomorrow?"
"Sure. How about 4:30 PM?"
"Certainly."
"Great! I'll see you until then. But now, I bid you farewell. And.., glad to meet you Ichio-san."
"Same here, Amiru-san."

We exchanged smiles, and walked away to our own duties. And mines is to crack open some Physics textbooks & Physician Journals!

~To Be Continued~
Apologize for such a short Chapter over a very long period of time. I'll try to regulate future Chapters.

Last edited:
Good job. 👍

I like how the Narrator has changed in this, to add some "Spice". I realize it is possibly a flashback of how Ichio met Amiru? It's going well.

I'm loving this already! I sure hope it isn't forgotten about......

~Turtle
turtle.gif

Hmmm, other than some spelling/meaning mistakes, this is quite interesting and engaging to read. 👍

Things like "but it is even odder that she is actually..." This should have been "but it is even more odd that she is actually..." Just things like that.

Things like "but it is even odder that she is actually..." This should have been "but it is even more odd that she is actually..." Just things like that.

Oh. The spelling check registered it as a word so I thought it would fit nicely.

Series I: Snow Leopard

Chapter Four: A Pink Butterfly

"Huh? Who's there!?"
"It's me, son."

I turned around. It was my Dad.

"Wha--What are you doing here!?"
"I just came by to say hello, dear Mochi."
"I told you to stop calling me that..."
"*laughs* I'm sorry, son. That was just some darn good memories, isn't it?"
"Yeah..."
"What is the matter, son? Are you not glad to see me?"
"Of course! It's just, not here. Not now..."
"I see. Well, son. I'm just here to relive your memories. Those 'darn good memories' I always say to you."
"I know... But please... stop."
"Hmm?"
"I said, stop, Dad..."

A long pause.

"W-why, son? I thought you are glad to see me."
"I am. But I always get depressed about this. This needs to stop. now."

Another long pause.

"No! Just-just one more memory! Just. One. More. Time!!"

With a flick of his hands, a colorful wave of scenes splashed out from his feet. Seconds after, it was sunny, and smelled like trimmed grass. There was a sandbox, a tool shed. Roses populated near a home. The moment I realized, it was my backyard.

"R-remember this, son? We used to play together all of time. On this spot!"

Another flick of his hands spawned a baseball and a glove.

"C'mon! Let's play catch! Like we used to do!"

He ran back, charged, and tossed the ball straight at me. But I backed up, making the ball land at my feet.

"O-okay! What about some helping with wood-cutting! You always wanted to do that, and I always allow you to! But you always accidentally cut your fingers!"

He sprinted into the tool shed and brought out some wood-cutting gear, including the wood itself, and two saws.

"Here, son! Let's cut some wood to improve our lovely home!"
"No!!"

I smacked it out of his hands.

"Stop it!! I don't want to do this anymore! It's... it's so depressing! I can't take it anymore!!"

I looked straight down into the pale green grass. Then I caught the sounds of wailing, and felt droplets stream over my hair.

"Don't cry, Dad.."
"W-why shouldn't I?"
"Because you are better than that.."
"What does that mean!?"
"Look at you, Dad. Look at us. You don't exist, this place doesn't exist. It is time to look at reality, Dad.."

A huge burst of light came over us, and a figure blocked the white brightness. And as it walked out, it detailed. Until it was the person who also took care of me: Mom.

"Hello, gents!"
"Go away, Mom.."

She spotted her husband crying in great despair. But she did not move. She did not try to comfort him. Instead she asked,

"What is going on?"

Father flicked his hand towards him, sucking the entire scene back to his feet, including Mom. Now there's just a spotlight among us.

"Please, Dad. Stop taking me here with you.."

I knew he stopped crying, but he didn't respond. I decided to grab both of his shoulders, and lift him up. His face, his eyes was completely red, and full of dried tears. The sight out of it tempted me to tear up.

"Dad. I know how painful this is. But this is the best thing to do.."
"I..."

He pushed me away, but very gently. He turned around.

"I love you, son..."

He started walking. Walking into complete darkness.

-------------~~~------------

Character Color-Code
Kairi
Mouko
Amiru

"Hey! Idiot, wake up!"
"Wha~?"

I slightly opened one eye, and looked at the alarm clock: 5 AM.

"It's too early..."
"No, it isn't. Mom says to wake up early because it builds your metabolism!"
"You believe in that malarkey..?"
"No! But I have to listen to her. Or else I'll have to hear a lecture. Now get up, please. She's preparing breakfast. Besides, we have something important to do today. And it includes you."
"Fine. Lemme get dressed.."
"Be quick, too."

The kitchen looked fancy. They was an oven, a dishwasher, a sink, a stainless fridge. There was even a bar table that assumes as a dining table in the heart of the room.

"Ah, there you are Mouko-san. Good morning. Sit down while I make the breakfast. Feel free to get some coffee too. Since you are old enough."
"I'd rather not..."
"It excludes you, Kairi. Your taste buds isn't very mature to handle coffee yet."
"Hmph."

I walked over the coffee maker, and poured a half-cup-full. I added some sugar, that's it.

"Eww! No milk or anything!?"
"I like my coffee that way."
"That is disgusting!"
"Stop it, Kairi. Or I'll have to dump out your bacon."
"Sorry.."

I grinned.

Moments later, she passed around the breakfast. Mines was scrambled eggs with toast & jam. Kairi's was basic eggs n' bacon. But Amiru only had cereal.

"What, you like cereal, Amiru-san?"
"Yeah. Fried stuff isn't in my diet right now."
"This isn't fried, is it?"
"I don't think so."
"Whatever it is, I can't eat greasy foods."
"I think it's deep-fried."
"You guys have a deep frier?"
"No. Why would we have that?"
"Don't ask me."
"Oh, wait. I got confused. Sorry~!"
"Eat your meal, Kairi. Or else more bits of chewed food will land on my clean table."
"That doesn't happen!"
"Uggghh!!"
"What?"
"I just saw some of it land in my scrambled eggs!!"
"Oh, great.."
"I'm... I'm sorry.."
"It's alright, Kairi. I'll just make another batch--Oh no, it's time!"
"Time for what?"
"The repair shop called in recently. They said we needed to check in for the Fiat 500."
"Really?"
"Yes! C'mon, we gotta go now!"
"But I haven't finished!"
"Gosh darn it, eat with your mouth closed!"
"Then bring like a strip of bacon with you. And please chew when necessary, Kairi."
"What about the dishes?"
"Just put it in the sink for now."
"You haven't finished yours either."
"It's quite okay. I'm not too hungry at the moment. Now come on! We'll use the Pathfinder."
"Why not the Evo?"
"Do you want to risk another roundabout with your 'visitor' yesterday?"
"No.."
"Then let's go!"
"Can I bring a drink, too?"
"No, Kairi. A strip of bacon is already to my limits of proper car etiquette."
"But you had soft drinks in there lots of times!"
"Are we really going to argue about this?"
"You're right. I told you to stop doing this, Kairi."
"Okay..."
"Good. Let's get a move on, shall we?"

Once we got outside near the Pathfinder, Amiru told me and Kairi should sit in the back. I thought Kairi will comment, but she obeyed. She did owe Amiru for that stalling in the kitchen today.

"The shop isn't too far."

Amiru booted up the engine, and railed off to our destination. I glared to my right, and saw Kairi numbing down on the bacon. For some reason, I found that cute. Uggh! What the hell is wrong with me? I flipped back to the left. But I couldn't resist to stare back again. I sneaked in a glance, finding her that she finished the bacon. Then I got caught staring.

"What?"
"Oh, nothing."
"Do you like me or something?"
"No! Just... the way you treat Amiru-san."
"Oh.. Well.. I.."
"Kairi is a gentle young lady. She just lacks proper speaking skills to adults."
"No, I don't!"
"You so do, Kairi."

I snickered.

"What are you laughing about? I haven't forgot about your crush on me."
"What? I didn't say I have a crush on you!"
"Then why are you blushing?"
"Hush, children!"
"I'm not a child! This is a matter that is 100% adult-like!"
"Kairi... There's many things you should say, but things you should just keep shut. And that one thing you brought up is the extreme of the extreme."
"Y-yeah..."
"But that is up to Mouko-kun."
"Eh?"
"I said it. Do you like me or not?"
"We're here!"

I looked up, and saw the repair shop. Thank goodness! I don't really have a crush on her, but she is a bit adorable. God dammit, not again!!

When we got out of the Pathfinder, Amiru weirdly walked up to me and whispered, "Don't worry. I'll cover for you on that topic Kairi keeps asking you in the car."
"Uhh, thank you?"

"Hi there, Amiru-san."

"Leon? Is that you?"
"Who?"
"Oh my gosh! I haven't seen you since middle school~!"
"And it is nice to see you after so long, Amiru-san!"

As they hugged, I was confused on what was going on.

"Oh, sorry! This is Leon McCarthe. We both worked on many group projects in middle school, and shared lots of ideas. But we parted to chase our dreams."
"You never told me this, Mom.."
"Well, you had little interest in my adolescent years, Kairi."
"Oh, I see you have a family! And this young man here is your son?"
"Oh, no! He's just our guest for a short while."
"Yeah."
"Can I see your husband?"

It got awkwardly silent. It lasted for some time until Leon kept up with the times.

"O-oh.. Sorry to ask.."
"It's fine.."
"Anyway, I work as a mechanic, and assigned to work on the 500 that I guess is yours?"
"It is technically Mouko's, which is this fellow's car."
"Ah. We'll talk later. Right now I'll need to share you guys the Diagnostics for the car. And nice to meet you, Kairi & Mouko."
"Hai."
"Mm-hm."

-----

"Basically, the car isn't too bad of a shape. Just a jammed front tire, and cracked windshield. But it seems it damaged some vital components in the engine, so that made the repairs longer to complete. But, soon after I found something really bad.."
"What would that be?"
"The jammed tire even reciprocated to the front wheel axle, and then the differentials & some parts of the exhaust system. That just made things exponentially worse. In fact, even the bill exceeded the preferred rates."
"I see..."
"Yep. I think it'll be better to purchase a new model."
"I don't think Fiat dealerships is common in Japan, isn't it?"
"Sadly, no. They do have divisions outside Italy, but they haven't considered on placing Divisions on Japan yet."
"Interesting... I guess we can't get you a replacement 500, Mouko-san. Besides, we are tight on a budget.."
"It's okay, I guess."
"Y'know what? I have connections in Italy."
"You've been in Italy, Leon?"
"*nods* I know this one guy that has a friend that has a friend that has a grandfather that owns a Fiat 500, and said that he doesn't need it anymore. He's putting it up for 5,000 Euros, or about 500,000 Yen."
"That will still strain our budgets.. I'm sorry."
"Aww. That's too bad..."
"Well, thank you so much for your help, Leon."
"Wait! Before you go, let me show you something."
"Eh?"
"Follow me out to the back."

-----

"What. The. Heck?"

Leon showed us something that was very... peculiar. It was an S15 Silvia, but... it was... pink. At least the rims was aftermarkets, and had a spoiler attached. It also looked like someone tampered with the camber and ride height.

6875364035_f0b5f26a2f_z.jpg
6875363945_fd1163e8c4_z.jpg

"Umm... that is... 'exciting', Leon."
"Ooo! It's so cute~!!"
"Actually, I would like to give it to you guys."
"Huh? Why?"
"Really~!!?"
"Certainly!"
"But... it's pink."
"So? Kairi seems to adore it."
"That's because she's a girl."
"Plus, I find it little use to me nor Mouko, unless you repaint it.."
"No!! Don't repaint it! Let me have it, please?"
"You are not really old enough to own a car yet, Kairi."
"I can still keep it right here to await her return."
"Arigatou~!"
"However... There's a 'favor' this car hasn't redeemed in such a long time."
"Eh? What kind of favor?"
"Once upon a time, the owner of this car just left it here and never came back. We tried to contact the person, but nothing forwarded in. So we just left it here until the owner returned. But that has been... 3 years ago."
"Wow. Long time."
"Yep. Then I was bored one day and decided to check around the car. Soon I found something really interesting in the glove compartment."
"It was a raffle ticket, and each spot was scratched out. I realized that the person who owned it apparently won some sort of lottery, and received a total deposit of 10 million Yen according to the Rules on the ticket. I looked through the compartment further and found a note that explained something very disturbing..."
"It read, 'The Reaching Hanger watches over you. It gnaws the clocks, and makes sure you show up to get your daily hanging. We hope you attend your final treatment'."
"Frightening.."
"Indeed.."
"What's more, there's no one who signed the note. The only idea is that the owner... died..."

A long, mournful pause.

"Do you know the owner's name?"
"Actually, yes. Come with me."

------

"Here we go. All records 3 years ago, in this book."

He opened it, and began searching, then remembering, then searching, then remembering. We had to wait for a while until he finally got it.

"Aha! The owner was named... 'Ichio Emisachu'."

Then..., all of us became hard and cold as stone. We were all petrified. Why did Ichio drive a pink Silvia? Why was he hanged? How did he obtain and win a raffle ticket?

~To Be Continued~

Last edited:
Whoa! Scary stuff! 👍

Oooh, I can't wait to see where this goes. As far as helping goes, I'm afraid I probably won't be able to help unless it's a time I can work with well.

~Turtle
turtle.gif

Oooh, I can't wait to see where this goes. As far as helping goes, I'm afraid I probably won't be able to help unless it's a time I can work with well.

~Turtle
turtle.gif

I'll think about how the race will go down, and I'll tell you guys on how the hiring will work out. But believe me on this: I am planning to last the race until fuel runs out. But there will be some "countermeasures".

Also, I attached the Pink Silvia pics on Series I - Chapter Four.

A few grammar errors here and there, but otherwise this was a good chapter. 👍

DK
A few grammar errors here and there, but otherwise this was a good chapter. 👍

Darn, I thought I improved on that :indiff: I guess I'll have to take Creative Writing in high school :P

Also, I attached the Pink Silvia pics on Series I - Chapter Four.
I didn't even think about it being an S13 Silvia, my mind just pictured a light pink S15. Maybe because I recently bought a pink S15 RM for no real reason.

~Turtle
turtle.gif

Hiring for Ichio Arc - Ch. 2

Here's how it'll go: There will be 6 of us (excludes me), and 7 laps on 100% Wet Suzuka Circuit. I want the the last 4 drivers to pit and back out before the final lap.

Requirements: 1 RM'ed Acura NSX, any color, any number plate. However there must be one red NSX with the #31. That same car must be present until the finish line. All six cars also cannot have the same hues (e.g. no two or more yellow NSXs).

Restrictions: 500 PP. No tuning parts. RR tires. Preferably the car should have less than 10 miles clocked. TCS is optional. All other aids is off.

Policies: Just race as you normally would in wet conditions. If you mess up, that is fine. If you are exhausted/tires blown/fuel's out, you can pit but you have to exit the race if so.

The second "round" will be on Fuji Speedway F for 5 laps. It will be comprised of the same 6 racers as before (excludes me), but in Super GTs. Proceed the race as normal.

Requirements: 1 Premium GT500 Super GT. One of the cars must be a Xanavi Nismo Z.

Restrictions: 500 HP. No tuning parts. RH tires. Preferably the car should have less than 10 miles clocked. TCS is optional. All other aids is off.

Policies: Race as normal.

The time is up to you guys. I can do tomorrow, however. Since it is a Saturday.​

Last edited:
I can try to be tomorrow, thought I'm not sure since I'm going on a trip till Tuesday, I just don't know if I'm going tomorrow or Sunday.

I can try to be tomorrow, thought I'm not sure since I'm going on a trip till Tuesday, I just don't know if I'm going tomorrow or Sunday.

It's alright if you can't. I'll wait for other offers to come up, or you'll try to show. But If I don't receive any volunteers, I guess I'll have to modify some concepts or use the AI.

I surely hope I'm not late, because I love Super GT. I would definitely like to participate in my TOM'S Castrol Supra.

Last edited:
I surely hope I'm not late, because I love Super GT. I would definitely like to participate in my TOM'S Castrol Supra.

I still need 4 other drivers, so you're not late at all.

That's great then! I sure hope I can appear at the time it's happening. Of course, it hasn't even been decided yet.

I wouldn't mind volunteering; though, honestly, I'm not sure how I'd fare driving an NSX in the wet. :nervous: So, if you can accept any mistakes I may end up making, I'd love to help. I'm available all day tomorrow and Monday. :)

I'm one who can take part? We've done this before right? Or was that with someone else..? Who knows..

The only periods of time, you cannot find me are Saturday, Friday, and early Sunday..

In both races, do we all just go for it..?

Jai
I'm one who can take part? We've done this before right? Or was that with someone else..? Who knows..

The only periods of time, you cannot find me are Saturday, Friday, and early Sunday..

In both races, do we all just go for it..?

Yes. Just race as you normally would. But on phase one, the last 4 drivers must pit and back out before lap 9. Before the lap you may wish to pit at any time, but you must back out if so.

I wouldn't mind volunteering; though, honestly, I'm not sure how I'd fare driving an NSX in the wet. :nervous: So, if you can accept any mistakes I may end up making, I'd love to help. I'm available all day tomorrow and Monday. :)

It's fine if you mess up.

That's great then! I sure hope I can appear at the time it's happening. Of course, it hasn't even been decided yet.

The time is up to you and everybody else. But all of us needs to agree on something. Seems like Sunday is a good choice.

Yes. Just race as you normally would. But on phase one, the last 4 drivers must pit and back out before lap 9. Before the lap you may wish to pit at any time, but you must back out if so.

It's fine if you mess up.

The time is up to you and everybody else. But all of us needs to agree on something. Seems like Sunday is a good choice.

Alright, good. I guess I'll go buy an NSX right now and paint it a bright color. Oh, and by the way, my timezone is GMT-7. :)

As for time.. Fully free on Weekends. On Week Days, I can be found on around 4-12 PM. GMT -5 (EST)

Jai
So, if I'm in the top 2 in the first race, we keep on going?

Yup, until the race ends. Then all six will move on to the second phase. However if you don't want to move on that's fine.

As for time.. Fully free on Weekends. On Week Days, I can be found on around 4-12 PM. GMT -5 (EST)

Alright, good. I guess I'll go buy an NSX right now and paint it a bright color. Oh, and by the way, my timezone is GMT-7. :)

We can do it right now if everyone's up for it. It's pretty early where I live (EST -5). Though I'm still short on drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back