Had my first drive with a wheel........wow

The OP had the same experience I did the first and only time I tried using a wheel way back on PS2. There was a huge deadzone. I thought the wheel was busted, so I just tossed it in the closet and never used it again. Would like to give one a try again soon.

Every gear driven wheel has the dead zone but you only notice it when you're driving in a straight line. Be thankful GTS has corners.:D

If anything though, the pedals are the weakest link on entry level setups but both faults together haven't held people back from doing well with them.

Not only you. I think this is pretty common. You're lifting too late. Braking too hard. Not coasting enough. I did the same for a while. A habit I picked up chasing ghosts.
Someone else said this too but it feels like I am braking less than with the controller. i am a DEMON under brakes when racing though for some reason, and still make my apex. On the video I posted i showed my fastest lap but was compensating too much as for several laps i was pulling up way too early and turning in before the apex.

TBH I think there is more time in learning to release my foot slower, I am lifting quickly and it is unsettling the car.
It sounds like you're ready to turn TC off.
TC1 is PLENTY slippery enough and doesn't cut power so see no harm in using it.
Why doesn’t anyone use the driving tests to learn the wheel? That is the best thing in the game for this.
Yeah i will, agree. I mean I have done them all but not with a wheel.
I'm far from expert, but what I noticed is you're also not using the whole track width. In a few places you miss the apex and in a number of turn exits you're slow enough that you don't need to use the outer curb on exit - which means you could potentially be going faster. I'm guessing this is you not being used to wheel though, and I'm probably as bad though, I have a lot to practice.
When i am confident I use the entire track and then some, see video below. On the video above, I am using TC1 so the car feel like it wants to snap out on me under gas and in general the car is far, far, far more edgy than with a controller. There's less understeer so the ceiling is higher but if I clip the side of the track with a controller i still feel safe, with the wheel, i will spin.

Last edited:
Someone else said this too but it feels like I am braking less than with the controller. i am a DEMON under brakes when racing though for some reason, and still make my apex. On the video I posted i showed my fastest lap but was compensating too much as for several laps i was pulling up way too early and turning in before the apex.

TBH I think there is more time in learning to release my foot slower, I am lifting quickly and it is unsettling the car.

TC1 is PLENTY slippery enough and doesn't cut power so see no harm in using it.

Yeah i will, agree. I mean I have done them all but not with a wheel.

When i am confident I use the entire track and then some, see video below. On the video above, I am using TC1 so the car feel like it wants to snap out on me under gas and in general the car is far, far, far more edgy than with a controller. There's less understeer so the ceiling is higher but if I clip the side of the track with a controller i still feel safe, with the wheel, i will spin.

Turn the Traction Control Off because it only slows you down, and you need to tidy up the way you approach the corners why Braking. Learn Trail Braking because it help to control the car through the corners, and you gain more speed as well.

Latest Posts

Back