Hannah Montana (ARGH!)Music 

  • Thread starter Thread starter benzoboy
  • 67 comments
  • 5,087 views
Messages
2,325
Messages
benzoboy
Messages
BenRB26
Hello everybody, I have come here today to bring you an insight into how people can get anything they want with a contract from a TV channel and a famous father, here goes!

OK! In 2006 a teen girl called Miley Ray Cyrus got a part playing the lead role in a Disney channel original TV Series called "Hannah Montana".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hannah_Montana

Basically, it's about a girl who leads a double life as a teenage girl called Miley Stewart and a "rock" star. Anyway, somehow she gets really famous which is beyond me 'cos as far as I can tell she fails at music, this doesn't sound very extraordinary so far, but the best (Or worst) but is yet to come...

Following the success the TV Series she released a CD under the name of Hannah Montana, why? Why does she get all of the credit? She does sod all but sing the songs her daddy writes (Who by the way is Billy Ray Cyrus. The country singer) pretty badly. She does nothing, but still gets all the credit. Whats even worse, she claims she is a rock star. MY ****ING ASS. These are some of her songs...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU8fEfflz78
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kGeEHFIIss&feature=related

Great, I feel the urge to headbang coming on really badly...

I also hear she's been caught in some dirty photos, WOW! That's really gonna be a great influence on your young fans!

Thank you Miss Montana, sorry, Cyrus. You've made my sister retarded and have really annoyed me by having your ****ty music played out loud EVERY. ****ING. SECOND.

[/period rant]

By God did that feel good...
 
Dont understand why make sucha a big deal out of it?
I also dont like the music but ... just calm down.
Those dirty photo's arent all that dirty... but media blows up all stories lol

miley_cyrus3.jpg


Irritating smile award 2008 :grumpy:

link to the 'dirty' photos:
http://img.timeinc.net/time/daily/2008/0804/miley_cyrus_vf_0430.jpg

dirty ey? :confused:
 
So a portrait by Annie Leibovitz is considered dirty? :lol:

Yes, she's annoying, but a ton of current Disney stuff is. Just ignore it.
 
I thank God for not giving me a younger sister because it means I never have to listen to any of that garbage or see any of her TV shows (I dont even get the Family Channel). I hadn't even heard of Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus until a few months ago and to this day have only heard 10 seconds of one of her songs.

Can't stand it but for some reason little girls love her and thats their choice.
 
Shes makes $3.5 million a year you cant argue with that......crap or not im guessing thats $3.5 million more than you.....

edit:
with an estimated earnings of $25 million during June 2007 to June 2008.
For that kinda money I would even take a Disney contract!
 
Last edited:
Easy for most people to say "Don't make a big deal" now, but try listening to her songs every second of every day, and also have my sister invent dance moves to every single word of every song and having to watch her perform them. One of the other reasons I hate her is because thanks to her another awful band has spawned, because she has a crush on one of them! Yep! It's none other than...

The Jonas Brothers!

JonasBrothers.jpg


Don't you just wanna punch them real hard? Seriously, have you heard these guys sing? My God! It's like watching the X Factor audition rejects before puberty!

I'm sorry for sounding like a bitch. But seriously, you need to live in my shoes for a week... THEN you'll find out.
 
I believe you, I have friends with little sisters and all of them have the same story as you, except having to watch them do their dance moves. And I heard a Jonas Brothers song before the announcements one day at school and could not believe it was guys singing and not girls.
 
I'm sorry for sounding like a bitch. But seriously, you need to live in my shoes for a week... THEN you'll find out.
I get where you're coming from. Our residential college puts together a ten-minute musical for an inter-college competition at the end of each year and I was asked to write it this year. But instead of being given complete creative control as has happened in previous years, I was provided with a basic plot and a list of songs that were seemingly chosen at random and told to make a coherent story out of it and include some witty dialogue instead of sight gags. Whle Hannah Montana might not be in the list - thank Jeebus - I can't change any songs because the dances have already been composed. So I'm stuck trying to work Timbaland's The Way I Are (which is anathema to me) into a story of some kind.
 
Sadly I think the Jonas Brothers are actually good. I'm not sure why though.

I noticed a trend recently though. All new kid's shows have the lead character singing the theme. I think it started with Drake and Josh, then everyone just picked up the idea and ran with it.


EDIT:Also, I watched the Hannah Montana 3d concert the other day to see what was up with it. It wasn't good. Mainly because Disney is pretty lame. They made it obvious when a 3d effect was there. Even if you didn't have 3d glasses on.
 
Last edited:
I've seen both Miley, and the Jonas Brothers on TV. You should be happy your sister doesn't listen to the crap they call 'The Naked Brothers Band.'


And that's one of their better songs, and it annoys me to death. If I had a choice between Miley Cyrus, or 'The Naked Brothers Band,' I would pick Miley Cyrus. Her music is waaaaaaaaaay more appealing than those little repetitive little voices of 'The Naked Brothers Band.'
 
I totally forgot about them. What made them so special to get a show again?
 
Well, she did used to listen to them. But then Nickelodeon stopped airing the show, and she forgot about them (XD). I'd love to listen to them during puberty when their voice is breaking (As mine was recently, call me a hypocrite. I don't care, I could laugh at myself, even reading aloud in English class.)

EDIT: I think they were famous because they were only like 9 years old, I could give a flying **** how old they are, they still suck.
 
Quite a rant, but somebody has to declare it.

I am not fond of either. Hannah Montana was popular with my high-school classes, though, which was truly beyond me. The portrait, too... so it's not just little girls. (For the record, I am now a sophomore)
 
Whoa, whoa whoa whoa whoa...

Let me be frank, is this any different from when your older siblings or parents hated (insert pop '90s band here)?

I don't hate Hannah Montana. I don't like the way shes been commercialized, but at least the music isn't too bad, and if anything its quite catchy. Sure, she has a few songs I don't like, but really, its not that bad. I'll take Ms. Cyrus over the redone Menudo or The Backstreet Boys.

However, HOW DARE YOU INSULT THE JONAS BROTHERS!

I'm 21. I have younger siblings. I love the Jonas Brothers. There, I said it...

They're coming to town, I almost spent $90 to get tickets. I like the Jonas Brothers. Predictably, Joe Jonas is my favorite (the other two are mutants).

You've gotta take the music for what it is... Pop rock specifically created to cash in on the expendable income of 10-16 year olds. The difference is that its actually pretty good music, so at least in my opinion, its no-harm, no-foul.

But, there is another alternative from Der Vaterland:

Tokio_Hotel_3.jpg

Tokio Hotel

Crazy Germans and their "Metal" version of The Jonas Brothers.
 
Are you serious YSSMAN :odd:

I can't stand seeing on tv for a few seconds let alone listening to it. My sister watches that kind of crap and it drives me insane. It's either Hannah Montana or that little slut, whatever her name is. Baldy spears' sister.

It's just choc full of drama drama drama. Honestly I'd much rather constantly bang my head against a wall then watch any of those shows for more then five seconds.

Whatever happened to having great shows like kenan and kel, all that, etc on Nickelodeon.
 
they all died. Humor now a days on children shows are very one sided.It was not like in the 90's where there were different shows that had different type of humor. Most of the shows now are garbage.
 
Orange Soda!!!
Thank you for reminding me of such a blissful time. Honestly I hate most of the music being produced these days and a lot of the shows that are supposed to be funny. My mom watches "That's so Raven" and I think it's sometimes funny, but I would eat the siding off my house before watching Hanna Montana deliberately.
 
People are allowed to take something they like doing and use it to make money. It happens every day with many people. I bet you're trying to do it to.

Now someone liked playing music and singing, so they used to to make themselves money. How come people are offended when people use their skills to make themsleves money?

Stop bitching 'cause someone is making 25 million a year taking what they like doing and making money from it. It's a business move, it's an industry, and it's profitable. Nobody has to like it, as long as it makes money it doesn't matter. This is what this girl is doing, or someone is doing with this girl. Why aren't people allowed to make money for making music?
 
Oh common! Were you not ever a kid?

I enjoy watching Hannah Montana with my little sister and my younger cousins whenever there over. It's not amazing, but her brother Jackson (in the show I think) is hilarious, its worth watching just for him. Her "See you again" song was played out on the radio quite abit and its actually very good song for someone her age. I was expecting like a 20-25 year old girl singing that song when I first heard it.

Jonas brothers are fools though. No talent, just computerized voices that are selling albums.

Miley Cyrus is the Jessica Alba for all young teenagers in North America! :p
 
Are you serious YSSMAN :odd:

I can't stand seeing on tv for a few seconds let alone listening to it. My sister watches that kind of crap and it drives me insane. It's either Hannah Montana or that little slut, whatever her name is. Baldy spears' sister.

It's just choc full of drama drama drama. Honestly I'd much rather constantly bang my head against a wall then watch any of those shows for more then five seconds.

Whatever happened to having great shows like kenan and kel, all that, etc on Nickelodeon.

That little slut's hot...

Hannah Montana's annoying. I don't mind most of the TV shows, but the music fails...
 
I despise her show, not the fact the she is making money off of it. Business is business.

I was a kid, and when I was they generally made shows that people could actually watch.
 
Are you serious YSSMAN :odd:

Completely serious. When we play Jonas Brothers music at work I tend to sing and dance just a bit. You honestly can't tell me that you hate songs like SOS, Kids of the Future, and my favorite, Burnin' Up...

Whatever happened to having great shows like kenan and kel, all that, etc on Nickelodeon.

When MTV died, so did most of Nick. Thing is, their Nicktoons programming filled in for a lot of the comedy, I still laugh my ass off when I watch Spongebob, Fairly Odd Parents and Jimmy Neutron. Also, Avatar is a pretty good show as well...

As far as their live-action shows go, certainly, nothing will ever top Salute Your Shorts or Pete and Pete. But, to be honest, I don't hate iCarly that much. It just feels like a cheap rip-off of The Suite Life to me.

===

If you can't tell, even at my age, I watch a lot of kids TV programming. I hate all of that trivial "reality" MTV bullsnot, so that leaves me with cartoons and kids shows. To be honest, I'm finding that these days, they're baking in a bit more adult humor than they used to.

That being said, I refuse to watch High School Musical. Furthermore, I've yet to grasp what the hell is going on with shows like Yu-Gi-Oh or Chaotix.

===

Back on topic:

If you hate Ms. Montana, do you hate her brother's band as well?

Metro_Station.jpg

Metro Station

...Don't knock it until you try it...
 
Judging from the guy in the grey's clothing, I'd hate that band quite a lot.
 
Judging from the guy in the grey's clothing, I'd hate that band quite a lot.

But thats Trace Cyrus! OMG HE'S LIKE TEH HOTTEST GUY ON EARTH.

He's a giant IRL. It's scary.

The guy to the left of him is Mitchel Musso's brother too.
 
We all had crappy music when we were kids, I can think of several from my time.

- Hanson (although they came to my university last year...scary)
- Backstreet Boys (although Kate is going to see them in a couple weeks...scary)
- InSync or however it's spelled
- LFO
- 98 Degrees
- New Kids on the Block

They just appeal to the audience at the time. With that said though I don't care for Mylie Cyrus mainly because it's people like her who ruined Disney. When I was a kid Disney was about Mickey Mouse and producing films like The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, The Lion King, and Beauty and the Beast. Now Pixar has taken over, even though Disney bought them in 06 they made several great films before that.

Disney is now more focused on pumping out people like Cyrus and making really awful straight to DVD (or now Blu-Ray!!!) sequels of classic films. I don't blame Cyrus since it started way before her.
 
Judging from the guy in the grey's clothing, I'd hate that band quite a lot.

OUCH!

Does it make you uncomfortable knowing that I dress like that on occasion?
 
OUCH!

Does it make you uncomfortable knowing that I dress like that on occasion?


I'd think you'd be the uncomfortable one dressing like that. :p



About t he Naked Brothers Band: I know the person who plays the Bassist. He's a nice kid.
 
Now someone liked playing music and singing, so they used to to make themselves money. How come people are offended when people use their skills to make themsleves money?

Stop bitching 'cause someone is making 25 million a year taking what they like doing and making money from it. It's a business move, it's an industry, and it's profitable. Nobody has to like it, as long as it makes money it doesn't matter. This is what this girl is doing, or someone is doing with this girl. Why aren't people allowed to make money for making music?
Because you need to actually have some skill. Cyrus is only popular for 2 reasons. 1, her father is a well-known country singer, so she already had music contacts from birth. Same as her brother. 2, she remains popular because she appeals to younger fans, fans who hardly understand good & bad music. To them, they just want to sing along with her because she's the girl from their favorite show.

No one cares if she's making money. What they hate is that the industry is trying to continuously promote this girl who, let's face, is not a fantastic singer. It's all due to popularity & being the daughter of a singer. That's why she gets paid. Singing is just part of the unfortunate package.
If you can't tell, even at my age, I watch a lot of kids TV programming. I hate all of that trivial "reality" MTV bullsnot, so that leaves me with cartoons and kids shows. To be honest, I'm finding that these days, they're baking in a bit more adult humor than they used to.
Really? Because I love the MTV & VH1 stuff. I think it's hilarious, esp. that, "I Love Money" show. It's funny as hell to see what people will do to each other for money, even more when it's the ones who got kicked off other shows. :lol:

Back on topic:

If you hate Ms. Montana, do you hate her brother's band as well?

Metro_Station.jpg

Metro Station

...Don't knock it until you try it...
Yes. It's another band that only got popular because of Billy & Miley. Not only is Trace a relative, but Musso's brother is on the show as well. This is the only thing that pretty much convinced the record company because it sure as hell isn't musical talent.

But that's only 1 reason why I hate them. The other is the look, & the name. The emo-looking rock look needs to die. It's not cool anymore, (not that it ever was). These bands have zero identity. They all wear their hair the same, they all dress in black & tight jeans, and they all like to wear black eye makeup. Because of this, their names suck. They're all generic. Put this generic word & this generic word together, and you got a silly sounding name. American Idiot? Metro Station? The Used?

Why pick these stupid names that are made up of everyday words when you can't match an image to them because you're all dressing the same?

Look at the 1980's. If you hear the words, Guns N' Roses, you might automatically think of a red head, lead singer wearing a bandanna, a guitarist with a black hat, and black curly hair. Twisted Sister? Guys who look like trannies. AC/DC? Angus Young running around in a school uniform wailing on the guitar.
Now say, one of those 3 other bands I just mentioned? The only thing that comes to my mind is, "Dudes in eye makeup". What about the other 2? Same thing. Rock bands today practically have zero personality. Their songs are pretty much the only way I can tell them apart, but even that's impossible when they all sound the same. But I won't go into how these bands today seem to lack a unique singer like Brian Johnson, Vince Neil, Steven Tyler, or Axl Rose.
OUCH!

Does it make you uncomfortable knowing that I dress like that on occasion?
Actually, it sort of does, mate.

And because you brought up The Jonas Brothers, I'll briefly touch on them.

In short, I think they're the most over-rated garbage to come out. Their music isn't ear pleasing to me, but after the past few years, I'm not surprised. But, the reason I really dislike them is their image. Jesus Christ, are these 3 kids screw-buddies, or what? I've never seen any of them besides Joe by themselves. They're always together, even when being spied on by the paparazzi. When they take a picture, they are the Paris Hilton of rock. They have no emotion, and have the same look on their face, with the curly-haired one having this stupid look on, as if he's trying to be as cool as the others.

Worse yet, these kids now have chosen Dallas as home, so now I have to hope I don't ever see them out on the streets. Because honestly, I'll probably let them know to their face what I think of them.

So, perhaps I'm an 80's guy, but Cyrus & the Jones kids are just reasons more for why I hate the music of he 21st century. I think 90% of it is absolute garbage from the rock side, which is a shame, because I then look towards Pop & Rap for something good to listen to from this day & age. In honesty, I think today's music is so bad, that Justin Timberlake is in the top of my list of Favorite Artists from the 2000's. If it isn't screamo, it's emo/punk rock. And if it isn't that, it's generic rap.

Thus, thank god the bands of the 80's are still around & still making music.
 
Last edited:
Following the success the TV Series she released a CD under the name of Hannah Montana, why? Why does she get all of the credit? She does sod all but sing the songs her daddy writes (Who by the way is Billy Ray Cyrus. The country singer) pretty badly. She does nothing, but still gets all the credit. Whats even worse, she claims she is a rock star. MY ****ING ASS. These are some of her songs...
A couple of points.

1) Hillary Duff started the kids show to "rock star" thing years before Hannah Montana. Note, Hannah Montana is from my home state....I am not proud.

2) I will guess that you have never heard of The Monkees?
I bet you have:

But at least they play instruments, you say? Nope, faked it. They are the original openly talentless music stars.

Side Note: The Monkees' song Last Train to Clarksville is on Rock Band. I have come closer to playing the instruments than these guys ever did.

And we won't even touch on Milli Vanilli - Faked it without admitting it, got busted, they are broke now.


The Jonas Brothers!

Don't you just wanna punch them real hard? Seriously, have you heard these guys sing?
I have yet to hear a note of their music but I hate them for one reason:

They did an album signing at my local Wal*Mart. I kid you not. Apparently Frankfort, KY Wal*Mart sold the most CDs or something and got them to come into town for a signing.

All I know was that I was just wanting to buy some garden supplies and then grab milk, but could I grab milk? Not easily, because a roped off line of kids was screaming and yelling their way completely around the store. I had never even heard of these guys before but here I was walking around the entire outer wall of Wal*Mart to get milk because they had loaded my store up with a bunch of screaming idiots.

Yep, I hate them because they made me walk to get milk. That and they took Wal*Mart and made it an even more painful experience. I didn't know it was possible.

Oh common! Were you not ever a kid?
Yep, and I watched Transformers (G1), GI Joe, He-Man, Bugs Bunny, Voltron, The Smurfs, and other awesomeness.

And the campiest music I ever listened to was never approaching the annoying boy band style stuff. Cheap white rapper, yes, boy band, no.

Her "See you again" song was played out on the radio quite abit
I don't even know what station in my town would play her music.

We all had crappy music when we were kids, I can think of several from my time.

- Hanson (although they came to my university last year...scary)
- Backstreet Boys (although Kate is going to see them in a couple weeks...scary)
- InSync or however it's spelled
- LFO
- 98 Degrees
- New Kids on the Block
If you ever willingly listened to any of those "bands" I don't know how you didn't get beat up.

The sad thing is that, with the exception of New Kids on the Block, most of those bands came out right around the time I was starting college, or later.

I have to say, the worst music I ever listened to was likely MC Hammer, Vanilla Ice, and Fresh Prince and DJ Jazzy Jeff. Most of my listening revolved around the likes of Def Leppard, The Beach Boys, Aerosmith, etc.

They just appeal to the audience the teenage girls at the time.
Sorry, had to fix that to match your list.

With that said though I don't care for Mylie Cyrus mainly because it's people like her who ruined Disney.
Let's be honest here, Disney did it to themselves. I still don't understand why Eisner got demoted. I mean, I know why: He wouldn't cut a better deal with Pixar and the board got mad. It was bad for business, fair enough. But he was also keeping Disney within the vision of <gasp> Walt Disney.

I can't imagine good ol' Walt would be happy with this kind of stuff.
 
When I was that age, I think they were popular during my 4-7th grade years, everyone listened to them. You were uncool if you didn't know the words to LFO's Summer Girls which of course I did.
 
Back