Happy Birthday, Jordan!

• Thread starter Talentless
  • 42 comments
Happy (belated?) birthday, Jordan.

It really is his birthday today - so if you wished him today it isn't belated.
I thought the birthday thread of 15 years ago was rather charming - a snapshot of what GTPlanet was like pre FB, Twitter, YouTube etc. and as well I didn't want to create a new thread for just this year. It must have been a bit of nostalgia for some, too, especially those who have stuck with Jordan all these years and remember his excitement of being to Hawaii.
The world has changed - we are more fast-paced, less sentimental, and it is socially easier to be jaded - so it is nice 'when the happy return of the day' occurs, to take a moment and remember as we go older that the path we took to get there was filled with friends.
Hope that suffices as an explanation.
Now - let's party, party, party all day! ;)

:cheers:

Thanks for all the well-wishes, guys.
It really is his birthday today - so if you wished him today it isn't belated.
I thought the birthday thread of 15 years ago was rather charming - a snapshot of what GTPlanet was like pre FB, Twitter, YouTube etc. and as well I didn't want to create a new thread for just this year. It must have been a bit of nostalgia for some, too, especially those who have stuck with Jordan all these years and remember his excitement of being to Hawaii.
The world has changed - we are more fast-paced, less sentimental, and it is socially easier to be jaded - so it is nice 'when the happy return of the day' occurs, to take a moment and remember as we go older that the path we took to get there was filled with friends.
Hope that suffices as an explanation.
Now - let's party, party, party all day! ;)

:cheers:
Thanks, @photonrider; you make an excellent point of how much the Internet has changed. It was a very, very different place back then...

It was nice to be reminded of that birthday in Hawaii, too. I was turning 16 at the time, and apparently I was very impressed with those hula dancers. :dopey::lol:

24CEE0E7-0553-445D-B7B7-14EEC9FE767E.jpeg

Thanks for all the well-wishes, guys.

Thanks, @photonrider; you make an excellent point of how much the Internet has changed. It was a very, very different place back then...

It was nice to be reminded of that birthday in Hawaii, too. I was turning 16 at the time, and apparently I was very impressed with those hula dancers. :dopey::lol:

You're very welcome, boss.
Not often do we get to make a fuss of you - and highlight at the same time how far you and this venerable Forum has come.
You've made an impact on the world, on reality, on people's lives.
That is an achievement to be proud of, and we're all proud you've allowed us to be a part of it. 👍

Next year . . . well . . . we've going to do our best to make you red. Again. :sly:

Back