Happy Birthday To...

• Thread starter Loon
  • 24 comments
He can legally drive now?

Oh noes.

Assuming he stops in:

Happy Birthday, Evan, EWillis, Duck.

Ewillis, also known as Duck, purveyor of funny gifs. He's 16 today.

:cheers:

He's 16? :eek:
Well Happy Birthday Evan, EWillis, Duċk, Duck Tracy!!!!! :cheers:
Oh, and this seriously gets an EPIC quote :lol:

Originally Posted by guska:
Originally Posted by EWillis:
Also, I have something epic to introduce to this world.

61FjeXyIsiL._SS500_.jpg

REPEAT AFTER ME: Kill. It. With. Fire.

Your favorite game of all time??? :lol:

Thanks everyone for their wishes. :)
Didn't he leave? :confused:
I never left, I just... stopped coming in here every day! See, there's a technical difference. I'm not like that guy MistaX who just drops things like they're bad habits. I sometimes pop in.

He can legally drive now?

Oh noes.
A few days late, but happy birthday! :cheers: Can you get your driver's license now where you live?
I can! I could have had my permit back in January, to be precise. The thing is, I didn't realize that until recently. The very earliest I could get my actual license would be in December.

I actually took my permit test around this time last week, yet I failed because I forgot all the little details in a 60 page manual I read weeks beforehand (like, "you must stay 500 feet behind an ambulance on call"; I chose 300 feet for whatever reason on the multiple choice test). So now I have to study so I can try again next week! Oh well.
G.T
Apologies for the latness, Evan.

Happy Eggday! :cheers:
Thanks for pointing this thread out to me, James. 👍

Thanks everyone for their wishes. :)

I can! I could have had my permit back in January, to be precise. The thing is, I didn't realize that until recently. The very earliest I could get my actual license would be in December.

I actually took my permit test around this time last week, yet I failed because I forgot all the little details in a 60 page manual I read weeks beforehand (like, "you must stay 500 feet behind an ambulance on call"; I chose 300 feet for whatever reason on the multiple choice test). So now I have to study so I can try again next week! Oh well.

Cool, i can't wait til i'm 16 to get my L's. You were my age back when i was active here a couple of years ago. :scared: I hope you had a good one anyway. :)

Damn, this is so corrupted. I'm 17 and I can't even get a license because my parent don't let me. :grumpy: Few of my friends had their license already (especially motorcycle license) and they could go anywhere with their scooter. My parents said I could get my license at the end of the year..... :banghead: But whats the legal age to drive your own car there anyways? I think here you have to be 18 to drive your own car (and some say you have to be 21. :eek:)

Bah, never mind. I'll still have fun with what I have now. Wait till I get my license and my car...... :mischievous:

I believe Ewills is in Arizona (or Nevada?), & the legal age here depends on the state. I believe most are 16, some requiring a permit held for 6 months before hand.

I believe Ewills is in Arizona (or Nevada?), & the legal age here depends on the state. I believe most are 16, some requiring a permit held for 6 months before hand.
Oh I see. But could you legally drive your own car at the age of 16, or you are only allowed to drive a car which is under your parents name? So you also need some sort of sticker to put on your car to let people know that you a novice driver?

You can drive your own car at 16. However, you have to have someone co-sign with you to buy it. You must be 18 to sign the contract by yourself.

Oh I see. But could you legally drive your own car at the age of 16, or you are only allowed to drive a car which is under your parents name? So you also need some sort of sticker to put on your car to let people know that you a novice driver?
This is where the difference between permits and licenses come in.

A permit is actually a Learner's Permit. In my day it was one month with the Learner's Permit and then you can get your license.

While using a Learner's Permit you had to have a licensed driver in the car with you if you were driving. Then they changed the law (here in Kentucky) to requiring a Learner's Permit for 6 months and the licensed driver also had to be over 18 years old. It prevents kids with permits from joy riding with their friend who just got their license.

To obtain a permit is just a written test.

Then after you pass the Permit time frame you then have to take a supervised (usually by a state police officer, or Department of Motor Vehicles representative) actual driving test. This is the most nerve wracking thing a 16-year-old can do. They sit in your passenger seat and give you directions. You have to follow them and perform all the safety maneuvers while doing it (check all mirrors, turn signal, etc). Whether you do good or bad the guy just goes, "Hurm," and makes marks on his clipboard. And if you are really lucky yo get the guy that likes to tell you to turn 3 feet before the intersection, and you have to somehow manage to check your mirrors, use your turn signal, and slow down smoothly in that half second he's given you.

And on a really lucky day you get this guy:

EWillis, please do your permit photo like that one. ^^^

That's interesting, here if you have a license you can drive ANY car, whether you own it or not. eg, drive your friend's car. I've never heard of only being able to drive your own car or parent's car. Also here, you get a Learner's license at 16 and have to have a fully licensed passenger with you whenever you drive. I think you have to have that for 6 months or something. We have L stickers on the front and back...

That's interesting, here if you have a license you can drive ANY car, whether you own it or not. eg, drive your friend's car. I've never heard of only being able to drive your own car or parent's car. Also here, you get a Learner's license at 16 and have to have a fully licensed passenger with you whenever you drive. I think you have to have that for 6 months or something. We have L stickers on the front and back...
The same applies here. I can drive any car I want that requires a Class C license.

Well maybe I said it wrong. :guilty: Also, thanks for all the tips guys.... 👍
Anyways, sorry if I hijacked your thread EWillis. Hope you do get your license and/or permit without too much hassle..... :)

Latest Posts

Back